April 16, 2014 | 1942 users online

Fragrances - Al Rehab Perfume oils

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Laurel15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for Al Rehab perfume oils.

First off, these are cheap - about on par with the quality of an inexpensive drug store perfume. They're made from synthetic oil blends. Anyone accustomed to even moderate-quality fragrances might struggle with these at first. However, there is some merit to these for a number of reasons.

The packaging is awesome - the 6ml roll ons come in small, triangular boxes adorned with Arabian writing. It's best to start with a small dab of oil rubbed on the inner wrists. Some of them start out nice, and others smell god-awful when they first go on. It's important to wait and withhold judgment, because these can take up to an hour to open up.

These are the ones I've tried:

Superman - great name, great packaging! Unfortunately, this goes on like a harsh, piney chemical cleanser. It actually becomes a nicer, soapy clove/pine blend by the dry-down, but by then it's so close to the skin that you have to put your nose on it to smell anything. My boyfriend loves this one.

Aseel - The cleanest, brightest oud I've ever smelled. This was actually a bit of a disappointment, as I was hoping for something resinous and incensey. Aseel is the opposite - linear, laser sharp, and in-your-face.

Sultan - A clean, fresh, 'aquatic' men's fragrance with a pleasant dry-down. I don't get citrus or musk as described, just that general men's aftershave smell. The opening is harsh, but I enjoy this one about 20 minutes in. Good sillage as well.

Al-Sharquiah - A surprisingly complex woman's rose/oud fragrance. This one is enjoyable from the opening. It goes on as a jammy accord of dry rose petals and stewed raisins over a base of oud. The oud becomes more apparent over time and rounds out to a warm, quiet, incense-y skin scent. The whole experience takes several hours, after which I often re-apply the perfume and begin the journey again. Al Sharquiah stays mellow and low-pitched throughout it's development, and the dry-down stays very close to the skin.

I wouldn't re-purchase any of these. However, I'm intrigued enough by the line to want to try several others. I believe there are a few gems hiding in the bunch - Al Sharquiah and Sultan may be among them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Al Rehab Fragrances comes as a perfume spray and matching perfume oils. The spray version is lighter like an edt and oils are quite long lasting and exceptionally cheap! These perfume oils are what i have mainly tested and come as 3ml and 6ml roll ons.

I bought a special offer of 3 for 5 or 2 each / 6ml!!!

Here are some basic descriptions of what I've tried.

Al Fares (mens): chypre floral reminiscent of Ysatis. Very strong.

Roses (woman): Sweet Bulgarian Rose non sour lasts at least 4 hours on me.

Red Roses (woman): Similar to Kenzo Flower - very long lasting powdery vanilla

Aroosah (woman): similar to Lush Lust (mix of rose and jasmine), very strong scent.

Bilkis (unisex): in similar vein to JPG Classique, lasts at least 8 hours.

Dalal (unisex): sweet vanilla oriental with caramel note, a softer fragrance very close to the skin.

Soft (woman): similar to top notes of pink sugar, very long lasting over 4 hours on me.

These oils are also longer lasting when applied onto clothes. I normally rub a slick from the roll on onto dark clothing so that the stain is not visible. Otherwise onto pulse points or glide it through my hair.

Definate re-purchases with my top favs being Roses and Soft. There are so much more to try and are available for Men. Some of these are unisex scents. Long lasting in such a small amount that one roll on could potentially last up to a year!