August 20, 2014 | 1756 users online

Concealers - E.L.F. - Studio Maximum Coverage Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this on a whim, wanting to try out all of ELF's products. I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I actually do not use it as a concealer and use it as a foundation. It gives a nice medium coverage, with a natural finish and does a pretty good job of controlling oil. I have combination face and I set it with powder. It comes in a squeezy small bottle and the product is a thick liquid.

I dot it all over my face and blend it with my beauty blender. Doesn't oxidize and just gives the right amount of coverage. I just wish it had SPF, that would complete this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by salinas247

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the shade Nude on a whim, and surprisingly it was a perfect match for my skin tone (about an NC30 in Mac). It is very affordable compared to most "drugstore" concealers in Australia. I have oily/combo skin and few random dry areas on my skin. For me personally, the coverage is medium to full. On my first use of it, I attempted to conceal my blemishes and slight discolouration with a small dot of the concealer and surprisingly it worked. I used a second layer to ensure that all my imperfections disappeared. I used it under a light layer of foundation with setting powder and it lasted a good 8 hours. I tried to use it under my eyes and it stayed put for a few hours then I noticed slight creasing, so I wouldn't use it there again. I do like the creamy texture, and how it blends nicely on my skin.

For a drugstore concealer I think it did an impressive job of concealing my imperfections for a long time. I would definitely repurchase it again to stay in my cheap-concealers collection. I would only use it when I don't want to use/preserve my more high-end concealers for special occasions, parties etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by pollyina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use it as a foundation rather than concealer and it works pretty good, although it actually has very light coverage rather than "maximum". I have it in shade porcelain, which fit my NC15 skin very well. It is such a bargain, around 2-3. It comes in 20ml box, which lasts a while. It sadly does not last all day, but overall it's a good product, but not my favourite.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this shade in 'Porcelain'. It's the perfect shade for my skin, but it's dry and creases like hell! I don't even have dry skin under my eyes, but this concealer makes the skin under my eyes look dry and flaky - Wtf? It looks really stupid when my foundation is dewy, and my eyes are dry and flaky and creasy underneath. I really wish it didn't do all these negative things, because the price can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by songy67

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the lightest shade "Porcelain" which matches my NC15 skin tone surprisingly well. I was a bit skeptical at first since the description says Porcelain is meant for those with pink undertones. But it actually has neutral undertones with a hint of salmon that helps brighten and correct.

First of all, I have to say that this is not a full-coverage concealer as it claims to be. I definitely don't think it would conceal tattoos or the like. The pigmentation is 7/10 at most and the texture (though it says oil-free) is very emollient and creamy. It never quite dries and remains shiny and dewy-looking unless you put a powder on top to set it. As a concealer, it's whatever.

However, I don't use this as concealer, I use it as a foundation. And it is freakin' beautiful. I have oily/ combo skin with large pores and this product smooths over my pores, brightens, and perfects my complexion like nobody's business. As I said, it has a very dewy finish, but all I do is wait a few minutes then dust a setting powder over top. It makes my face look so good. My complexion looks bright and even. My pores look tiny. It oxidizes slightly and goes a bit darker, but it doesn't turn orange so it remains a very good match.

Longevity ain't bad either! It does very little to control oil, but it doesn't cause me to turn into a grease slick either. A few hours in, when I start to get shiny, all I do is touch up with some powder and I'm good to go. I will say though that this does cling to dry patches... but then, I don't expect total perfection for $3.00. I mean, this also doesn't break me out, so in all other respects it has already far exceeded my expectations.

For $3.00 ($1.50 during ELF's sales) you get 0.7 fl oz/ 20ml of product. Most standard foundations are 1 fl oz/ 30ml. This comes in a very compact, sleek, little black squeeze tube that is perfect for stashing in your makeup bag or purse. Recently it has become my daily foundation - it's what I throw on before I run out to do errands or even when I'm lounging around at home. It's guilt-free coverage, as opposed to the twinge I'd feel if I reached for a $30 high-end foundation on a lazy Sunday.

My only regret is that I didn't buy 5 of these during the sale. It's currently out of stock on the website and I'm worried it won't be in stock by the time the next sale rolls around #bigproblems #getoverit. I'm not sure if Target/ Walmart carries this in store, but if I spot it anywhere, I will certainly stock up. A $3.00 foundation is an incredible deal. Especially because it looks good, wears well, and doesn't make me pimple-faced.

**Update: I've been using this for a while now and I still love it each and every time.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by ImogensMakeupReviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Really nice and soft liquid but did not last the whole day! Had to build it up for it to have a full coverage over my really bad acne breakout.. Ultimately after waiting 10 days for it to arrive I went out and bought Macs studio fix concealer that day..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I own these in the shades Sand and Beige. Sand is a bit lighter than my actual skin tone. Beige is a closer match, but not 100%. However, I still am able to get both to work for me nonetheless.

On my face, the concealer does provide medium-to-full, build able coverage. To make sure that it lasts all day, setting powder is definitely a necessity. And, I do like that you can use it as either concealer or as an all over foundation.

The consistency of the concealer is neither too thick or too liquid. It ranges right there in the middle. And, because of such, I find it real easy to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by realmakeovers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was a bit skeptical about this concealer because of the $3 price. I must say I was pleasantly surprised!! :) The texture is not too heavy. It goes on quite smooth. I have the color porcelain. I use it as an under eye concealer/eye lid & @ the sides of my nose. I set it with some loose powder. My dark circles don't even show in photos. I would definitely buy this concealer again!! :) My only complaint is the plastic insert where the product comes out of came loose. It's not a big deal. Just a bit annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Cristy_amk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I struggle with under eye concealers. I have those "lovely" hollows under my eyes and what I describe as scales in the corners. Anyway, I need a heavier coverage and a brightening effect. So far this concealer is doing the job! If I had to compare it to anything it would be Glamoflauge just not as heavy, and if anyone has used Glamoflauge it's insanely pigmented! In all I'm started to prefer ELF. It's easier to apply, blends in better, and I can build up coverage. It's also good to toss in your purse and touch up on the go. I'll buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0