April 18, 2014 | 2032 users online

Concealers - E.L.F. - Studio Maximum Coverage Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by songy67

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the lightest shade "Porcelain" which matches my NC15 skin tone surprisingly well. I was a bit skeptical at first since the description says Porcelain is meant for those with pink undertones. But it actually has neutral undertones with a hint of salmon that helps brighten and correct.

First of all, I have to say that this is not a full-coverage concealer as it claims to be. I definitely don't think it would conceal tattoos or the like. The pigmentation is 7/10 at most and the texture (though it says oil-free) is very emollient and creamy. It never quite dries and remains shiny and dewy-looking unless you put a powder on top to set it. As a concealer, it's whatever.

However, I don't use this as concealer, I use it as a foundation. And it is freakin' beautiful. I have oily/ combo skin with large pores and this product smooths over my pores, brightens, and perfects my complexion like nobody's business. As I said, it has a very dewy finish, but all I do is wait a few minutes then dust a setting powder over top. It makes my face look so good. My complexion looks bright and even. My pores look tiny. It oxidizes slightly and goes a bit darker, but it doesn't turn orange so it remains a very good match.

Longevity ain't bad either! It does very little to control oil, but it doesn't cause me to turn into a grease slick either. A few hours in, when I start to get shiny, all I do is touch up with some powder and I'm good to go. I will say though that this does cling to dry patches... but then, I don't expect total perfection for $3.00. I mean, this also doesn't break me out, so in all other respects it has already far exceeded my expectations.

For $3.00 ($1.50 during ELF's sales) you get 0.7 fl oz/ 20ml of product. Most standard foundations are 1 fl oz/ 30ml. This comes in a very compact, sleek, little black squeeze tube that is perfect for stashing in your makeup bag or purse. Recently it has become my daily foundation - it's what I throw on before I run out to do errands or even when I'm lounging around at home. It's guilt-free coverage, as opposed to the twinge I'd feel if I reached for a $30 high-end foundation on a lazy Sunday.

My only regret is that I didn't buy 5 of these during the sale. It's currently out of stock on the website and I'm worried it won't be in stock by the time the next sale rolls around #bigproblems #getoverit. I'm not sure if Target/ Walmart carries this in store, but if I spot it anywhere, I will certainly stock up. A $3.00 foundation is an incredible deal. Especially because it looks good, wears well, and doesn't make me pimple-faced.

**Update: I've been using this for a while now and I still love it each and every time.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by ImogensMakeupReviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Really nice and soft liquid but did not last the whole day! Had to build it up for it to have a full coverage over my really bad acne breakout.. Ultimately after waiting 10 days for it to arrive I went out and bought Macs studio fix concealer that day..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I own these in the shades Sand and Beige. Sand is a bit lighter than my actual skin tone. Beige is a closer match, but not 100%. However, I still am able to get both to work for me nonetheless.

On my face, the concealer does provide medium-to-full, build able coverage. To make sure that it lasts all day, setting powder is definitely a necessity. And, I do like that you can use it as either concealer or as an all over foundation.

The consistency of the concealer is neither too thick or too liquid. It ranges right there in the middle. And, because of such, I find it real easy to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by realmakeovers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was a bit skeptical about this concealer because of the $3 price. I must say I was pleasantly surprised!! :) The texture is not too heavy. It goes on quite smooth. I have the color porcelain. I use it as an under eye concealer/eye lid & @ the sides of my nose. I set it with some loose powder. My dark circles don't even show in photos. I would definitely buy this concealer again!! :) My only complaint is the plastic insert where the product comes out of came loose. It's not a big deal. Just a bit annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Cristy_amk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I struggle with under eye concealers. I have those "lovely" hollows under my eyes and what I describe as scales in the corners. Anyway, I need a heavier coverage and a brightening effect. So far this concealer is doing the job! If I had to compare it to anything it would be Glamoflauge just not as heavy, and if anyone has used Glamoflauge it's insanely pigmented! In all I'm started to prefer ELF. It's easier to apply, blends in better, and I can build up coverage. It's also good to toss in your purse and touch up on the go. I'll buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Does not cover everything :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am absolutely in love with this concealer. When dabbed on, not rubbed, it covers everything. The sand color matches my foundation perfectly, and to top it all off, I bought this in Canada for $3.00. $3.00!!! This product is actually making me consider ordering 15 of them online so I never run out, that's how in love with this I am. I honestly find no downfall. It doesn't crease or run on my oily skin, and looks good all day, plus the packaging gives you tons of product. Move over MAC concealers, I have a new favorite, and for the worth of 1 of you I can buy 6 of these!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the coverage of this concealer. It covered most, not all, of the things I wanted to cover. My shade, sand, was a good match for my skin as it had yellow undertones. I liked the consistency of the concealer and it lasted decently on my skin considering I have very oily skin. It did break down on my chin by the end of the day but no concealer lasts all day on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by clp0930

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually just ordered this again in shade sand. I wouldn't say this is a heavy concealer, I use it to cover minor redness and under my eyes if I didn't get enough sleep. My favorite use for this though is as a tinted moisturizer. I mix a little with neutrogena healthy skin and it looks really good. Better than foundation actually (for very light coverage).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

For the price this product is amazing. I love the packaging and you get a ton of product. Does it cover all flaws? No. But it does a good enough job that it doesn't matter that it doesn't live up to its claim. I bought this in the lightest shade which has very yellow undertones so it works well on dark circles. I would though like if was actually a shade lighter.