September 16, 2014 | 1778 users online

Fragrances - Balenciaga - Florabotanica

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MarciaChia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tried a sample from Sephora. When I first sprayed it in Sephora, it smelled so familiar to me ... like if I smelled it in my last life or something. Tried it at home, it's a very straight forward floral/woody scent without changing as long as it lasts, and I finally realize that this smells exactly like my grandmoms closet -- antique Chinese wooden chests. I really miss them and everything, but this fragrance only brings out nostalgia but not a great perfume to be worn on my body.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Mis72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I think this fragrance would not be a safe blind-buy just because of how different it smells. It's not the usual bubbly, floral, fruity type of perfume. This one needs to be tried on skin first. When I first saw it in sephora, I sniffed the bottle a little and was immediately repulsed. I was thinking, "How is that 'flora'?" But when I tried it on my skin, well, bless my body chemistry, Florabotanica turns into an edgy, dangerous, but very sophisticated and floral perfume. I don't like the first 5 minutes because the mint is kinda strong then, but after that, this perfume is just heavenly. It's different, good different.

The longevity is amazing as well, maybe 6-7 hours on me. The longer Florabotanica is on my skin, the better it gets.
P.S. Love the simple sophisticate bottle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I fell in love with this fragrance at first sniff! It smelled so clean and fresh, light and airy, but very distinct. Upon the initial spray I got a mixed softand feminine green floral but without the cloying sweetness that you so often find in a modern fragrance. This had a note in it that I couldn't quite place but I kept sniffing my wrist where applied as I loved the heady sharpness of this.

I was blown away by this fragrance, it really is unlike anything I have ever come across. This reminds me of being outdoors, clean and fresh, with the vaguest hint of fresh laundry. It was a little bit powdery at first but the green edge to it keeps it modern. Initially I couldn't smell any rose but after about 20 minutes a lovely soft rose note came through. After an hour Florabotanica ends up being a delicate clean rose fragrance on my skin, and not overpowering at all. It does remind me of a softer version of Cartier's Goutte de Rose which I also love. The high price tag does put me off a little, but as soon as I can I will be buying a bottle of this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A lover of musky-oriental-vanilla vibes, it took a good scent to make me like florals. Im surprised I liked this one, and how Balenciaga embraced a feminine side for summer. Design of the bottle is modern, with florals juxtaposed against a striped tube down its middle for the print-on-print trend. The fragrance itself is like a dreamy wildflowers rainforest, wet from summer's light rain & the blooms' potent scents are permeating into the air. It is fresh, green, wild, yet not ordinary. It lasts pretty well on me. Probably the only flora I would care to own.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Danni85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am now on my second bottle of Florabotanica. I love it. It is the perfect warm weather scent - fresh and girly without being too sweet. It hasn't got great longevity but I haven't come across a lighter fragrance that does. Definitely a signature scent of mine!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Its gorgeous bottle lured me in to try Florabotanica - and the two lippies are for the beautiful bottle design, not the juice. I sprayed it on my wrist while shopping and on me it smelled green, aquatic and overall like some inexpensive air freshener. Not a fragrance I would consider buying, not at any price, but definitely not at the high price tag this sells for. I kept hoping for a few hours that it would morph into something better but it didn't. This was a fail.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ulia032

It's a very extraordinary perfume. It's very green, cold, powdery, modern; it's not sweet at all and even a little bitter. Reminds me of Hermes perfumes. It has a great staying power. Good if you want something different.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by iodine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Found this on a magazine strip and ordered a mini of it to try. It's great: an absolute dupe of Hermes Rose Ikebana! Since i already have the Hermes, won't be using it. It does last as well as Ikebana tho and some may find the price to be better.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Fundyfran

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the sampler from Sephora, and Florabotanica is the most expensive one in the lot. I figured I would probably end up redeeming my certificate for a full sized bottle, since it retails for over $100. When I first sprayed it on, the scent reminded me of something I couldn't quite place. Then it hit me...it's the air freshener they use in gas station bathrooms. Seriously. I thought, this can't be, so I used it for a few days, and every time I sprayed it on I wanted to wash it off. I think the fact that it is so expensive, people second guess themselves and think, "I must be wrong..."...No, you aren't wrong. It smells strange.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by amandam2m

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The bottle is amazing and the scent has excellent staying power, but it smells like cheap deodorant! I can't believe how overpriced Florabotanica is since the scent is nothing special. You MUST try it (and take a walk) before buying.