November 21, 2014 | 1710 users online

Fragrances - Balenciaga - Florabotanica

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i own both rosabotanica and florabotanica.

THIS IS A COMPARISON OF ROSABOTANICA AND FLORABOTANICA. THIS IS ALSO MOSTLY ME SAYING THAT FLORABOTANICA IS BETTER!

they have a few similarities, such as incredibly modern, hip bottles. the rosabotanica bottle is more attractive (imho) than the florabotanica bottle, but essentially it's the same damned thing. they are also VERY HEAVY bottles. i have no idea what kind of crack-proof bottle they've used to house these fragrances, but i've dropped them on our marble bathroom floor a bajillion times and every time i expect it to smash. no such problem yet. i'm totally butterhands and dropped a whole bottle of guerlain l'heure bleue on the floor of a rented in-law unit once. i'm thankful that balenciaga makes heavy bottles, even if they still don't have that guerlain prestige where every fragrance they make is assumed to be golden ambrosia from the heavens.

i NEVER thought i would be plugging a rose-based scent. this really smells like a flower shop in every sense of the word. lots of dew, cold air, and yes -- roses and dirt and leaves. it isn't a powdery rose (thank goodness.) supposedly some poison plants in here. it might give it a little bit of the bitterness. i know when i first smelled this, i kept huffing away at the wonderful, WONDERFUL mint that hits you as a top note. it's like a fantastic, fresh, garden peppermint. eventually, that settles into a nice earth/water/green rose smell. supposedly there is weed as a middle note (!!!) i do not smell this marijuana note! however, i live in the bay area, so maybe i'm just immune to it and keep expecting some heavy, skunky indica smell to hit me. i really do not smell this weed note they keep speaking of.

eventually the dry down is a little powdery, floral, and very pleasant and lightly ambery.

the sort of thing you want to smell later on your clothing.

for some reason, the dry down on rosabotanica isn't as wonderful smelling. it retains this odd honey-lemon halls coughdrops note throughout the whole time you wear it. honestly, i smelled a shirt of mine this morning that had ROSAbotanica on it and it smelled a lot like jessica mcclintock perfume (from the 80's.) jessica mcclintock was pleasant in its own way and reminds me of my mother and my childhood, but it's not something i want to wear myself.

it has relatively good sillage on me (better sillage than rosabotanica, the other *botanica fragrance that balenciaga released later.) it's not sweet AT ALL. rosabotanica is much sweeter and much figgier. florabotanica is refreshingly modern smelling, whereas rosabotanica has far too much sweet for me to love, though it has an equally interesting smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MarciaChia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tried a sample from Sephora. When I first sprayed it in Sephora, it smelled so familiar to me ... like if I smelled it in my last life or something. Tried it at home, it's a very straight forward floral/woody scent without changing as long as it lasts, and I finally realize that this smells exactly like my grandmoms closet -- antique Chinese wooden chests. I really miss them and everything, but this fragrance only brings out nostalgia but not a great perfume to be worn on my body.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Mis72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I think this fragrance would not be a safe blind-buy just because of how different it smells. It's not the usual bubbly, floral, fruity type of perfume. This one needs to be tried on skin first. When I first saw it in sephora, I sniffed the bottle a little and was immediately repulsed. I was thinking, "How is that 'flora'?" But when I tried it on my skin, well, bless my body chemistry, Florabotanica turns into an edgy, dangerous, but very sophisticated and floral perfume. I don't like the first 5 minutes because the mint is kinda strong then, but after that, this perfume is just heavenly. It's different, good different.

The longevity is amazing as well, maybe 6-7 hours on me. The longer Florabotanica is on my skin, the better it gets.
P.S. Love the simple sophisticate bottle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I fell in love with this fragrance at first sniff! It smelled so clean and fresh, light and airy, but very distinct. Upon the initial spray I got a mixed softand feminine green floral but without the cloying sweetness that you so often find in a modern fragrance. This had a note in it that I couldn't quite place but I kept sniffing my wrist where applied as I loved the heady sharpness of this.

I was blown away by this fragrance, it really is unlike anything I have ever come across. This reminds me of being outdoors, clean and fresh, with the vaguest hint of fresh laundry. It was a little bit powdery at first but the green edge to it keeps it modern. Initially I couldn't smell any rose but after about 20 minutes a lovely soft rose note came through. After an hour Florabotanica ends up being a delicate clean rose fragrance on my skin, and not overpowering at all. It does remind me of a softer version of Cartier's Goutte de Rose which I also love. The high price tag does put me off a little, but as soon as I can I will be buying a bottle of this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

A lover of musky-oriental-vanilla vibes, it took a good scent to make me like florals. Im surprised I liked this one, and how Balenciaga embraced a feminine side for summer. Design of the bottle is modern, with florals juxtaposed against a striped tube down its middle for the print-on-print trend. The fragrance itself is like a dreamy wildflowers rainforest, wet from summer's light rain & the blooms' potent scents are permeating into the air. It is fresh, green, wild, yet not ordinary. It lasts pretty well on me. Probably the only flora I would care to own.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Danni85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am now on my second bottle of Florabotanica. I love it. It is the perfect warm weather scent - fresh and girly without being too sweet. It hasn't got great longevity but I haven't come across a lighter fragrance that does. Definitely a signature scent of mine!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Its gorgeous bottle lured me in to try Florabotanica - and the two lippies are for the beautiful bottle design, not the juice. I sprayed it on my wrist while shopping and on me it smelled green, aquatic and overall like some inexpensive air freshener. Not a fragrance I would consider buying, not at any price, but definitely not at the high price tag this sells for. I kept hoping for a few hours that it would morph into something better but it didn't. This was a fail.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by ulia032

It's a very extraordinary perfume. It's very green, cold, powdery, modern; it's not sweet at all and even a little bitter. Reminds me of Hermes perfumes. It has a great staying power. Good if you want something different.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by iodine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Found this on a magazine strip and ordered a mini of it to try. It's great: an absolute dupe of Hermes Rose Ikebana! Since i already have the Hermes, won't be using it. It does last as well as Ikebana tho and some may find the price to be better.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Fundyfran

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the sampler from Sephora, and Florabotanica is the most expensive one in the lot. I figured I would probably end up redeeming my certificate for a full sized bottle, since it retails for over $100. When I first sprayed it on, the scent reminded me of something I couldn't quite place. Then it hit me...it's the air freshener they use in gas station bathrooms. Seriously. I thought, this can't be, so I used it for a few days, and every time I sprayed it on I wanted to wash it off. I think the fact that it is so expensive, people second guess themselves and think, "I must be wrong..."...No, you aren't wrong. It smells strange.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No