July 28, 2014 | 1993 users online

Eye Shadow - Rimmel - Glam Eyes trio Orion

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

The only shade in this trio that's worthwhile is the dark matte brown -- but it's VERY good. I find Rimmel's shimmery shadows have terrible fallout (glitter all over my face in about an hour) so when I borrowed this trio in a makeup emergency (?!?) I didn't have high hopes for any of the shades. But the dark brown is highly pigmented, blends well, and lasted nicely. I used it in combination with some other shadows to deepen a look. I did also use the champagne-y shade but as usual, it didn't last other than the telltale cheek glitter by the end of the night.
The lesson I learned here is that I might try out a few of Rimmel's singles in MATTE shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by rojetor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really like this trio! I've been using this product for a year I would say. I have used all of the lightest shade, I love using this as a highlighter! I think this is a really versatile trio. I also like to use the darkest shade as a liner, as well as a crease shade. The shadows are pigmented, and pretty easy to blend. As a beginner this trio helped me a lot :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the reformulated Eye Shadow from Rimmel in the Glam Eyes trios. It is a neutral trio called ORION 621 and really nice.

Quality is similar to my Dior Quint Incognito. I am amazed at the colour payoff, the silky blendable texture and the wearing time. No creasing either.

I am quite pale, with a warm skintone.

The palest shimmery off white colour is almost too frosty and pale so I toned it down with my trusty Butter Pecan matte duo from Clinique.

The next shade is a marvelous and bit too dark peachy toned bronze. Again quite shimmery on my aging lids but that Butter Pecan rescued it again.

The darkest of the three is a chocolate brown matte which worked wonderfully as a liner. This one is very useable, and didn't need any toning up or down. Lines by itself or on top of my Prestige waterproof eyeliner. Lasts well.

Very good colour payoff, a bit too shimmery for my crepey lids but no sparkly fallout or flaking. Lasts all day, no creasing. The case is not bad, and the price was 3.88$ CDN at Walmart on sale.

I bought 4 to try, and I'm happy with all of them. I got this, 002 Smokey Brun, 019 Sun Safari and a green one. The Sun Safari and Smokey Brun all go with the Orion shades, all in the creamy to brown neutrals.

I prefer these to my Dior Quint. The colour payoff is better, the shades are nicer, they feel the same, they blend perfectly and last all day without creasing. Why pay more?

Oddly enough, 2 of the limited edition Dior Quints that I really wanted (Iridescent Leather, and the Elegante ones-- both LE) are basically the same shades as in these three Rimmel shadow collections.

Loving these new Rimmel Glam Eyes.