October 22, 2014 | 948 users online

Lip Gloss - Smashbox - Lip Enhancing Gloss in Pulse

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I generally use this product with other colors in order to soften orange tones. Pulse is a true violet color, and makes teeth look whiter as a result. Even when I'm only wearing lip balm, I apply just enough Pulse to brighten my teeth. It looks glittery in the package, but it's one of those glosses in which the glitter isn't apparent once applied. On lips, it just looks shiny - not very shimmery and not sticky at all. It's a subtle gloss, but it changes the look of anything applied beneath it. I like to combine Pulse with Smashbox Lip Stain in Guava - it takes a bright coral and transforms it into this multi-toned hot pink. I saw the combination in a youtube video about creating a leopard eyeshadow look; it's the two lip products that blew me away. I don't think the Guava is necessarily a must-have, as there are plenty of corals out there, but this is the best violet I've found to create tonal dimension. I had hoped my MAC lip glasses were up to the challenge, but Pulse does a far superior job. I took off a lippie because, like all Smashbox lip glosses, the applicator brush leaves a lot to be desired and is now a frayed remnant of its former self.