April 20, 2014 | 1734 users online

Liquid - Givenchy - Eclat Matissime Fluid Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Musa15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is simply beautiful.
Let me start by addressing the color, I am around an NC25-30 and Mat Honey 5, is a gorgeous color match for my skin tone. I'd say it is best suited for those who are of a lighter Medium tan complexion with olive undertones. Most foundations that I use are either extremely pink or orange, (side glances at MAC). This foundation in contrast, is very neutral compared to those extremes, it is honestly the most perfect color match I have ever found. If you know Miss Maven (Teni) on youtube she has this foundation (in Mat Honey 5) applied to her in a bridal makeup tutorial video (for color reference), I'd say she is paler than her usual very bronzed self in this tutorial.
The foundation is quite a bit more fluid than MAC's pro long wear and at first you might think that coverage, finish and lasting power will suffer, but this foundation wears beautifully for a full work day and into the night. I just woke up from a nap and it was still on as applied, bronzer blush etc. I think what is most remarkable about the foundation is how matte and yet skin-like the finish is. It is not full coverage like ELDW, or Kat Von D lock-it, but I like this and I feel that I look fresh faced when wearing it. This foundation does not accentuate pores, which is a MUST, and it does not cause clogs or break outs, when it seems like every other foundation does for me.
I'd be sad if they ever discontinued it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Cnk1313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wore it for about a month really loved the natural smooth matte look blends very well no streeky lines when applying with brush after a month it started to noticeably dry my skin out to the point I had to stop using it as my everyday make up. still use sometimes when I just want light coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I have a lot of acne scars from a previous breakout from MAC that i really want to cover. This noon I ran to Sephora to get the Make Up Forever Matte something Foundation and had it color tested on me. I didn't like the coverage so another SA intervened and gave me this. She tried it on me together with the Givenchy Mister Matte primer and Teint Couture. After putting my make up I was kinda happy about it but I was sure it's gonna melt off like the previous products I tried like YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation, Chanel Matte Lumiere and Estee Lauder Maximum Coverage. Oh boy was I mistaken! I did errands and at 9PM i was still "matte"! Not only did it cover my imperfections but it was true to its name. So happy I found my holy grail! I can say this is by far the best foundation I have ever tried! The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is because it is expensive but the packaging is a simple plastic unlike YSL in that luxurious, pretty bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Ractoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation, comes closest to my HG foundation up to date ( I'm really picky). In the summer, I'm normally between NC 25-NC 30 so I got number 5 honey which matches my skin. It is definitely matte and wears for a long time. My only complaint is that although the packaging is cute, I'm starting to have problem with the bottle squirting the product all over the place. I will repurchase soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

This foundation is great I love that the consistency is a liquid and not thick like other matte foundations. This is more of a medium to full coverage foundation and it leaves a nice glowing without the shine finish. It's just amazing it looks flawless on I'm very happy with this product and recommend it to everyone except if you're allergic to fragrances or if you think you have sensitive skin don't try this because the fragrance might bother your skin. Other than that this lasts all day long I didn't need to touch up or blot at all. I'm really pleased love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by dawny1980

my friend gave me this foundation as she did not like it. i was a fan but would not rush out and buy it again although i would in the future if i fancied a change from my smashbox 15 hour which is my hg.

the product was quite runny in consistency and the pump made it a difficult to dispense. due to the design of the packaging it also got pretty messy and there was no way to get the remainder of the product out when nearing the bottom of the container.

other than that the product was really nice. it blended beautifully and stayed put all day long without becoming shiny on my oily t zone. it din't dry out my chin which can be an issue for me.

it minimised my pores and did not make my skin break out. it felt luxurious on my skin with a velvety texture.

great product but the packaging, although it looks good, let's it down practicality wise.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by makeupstuffs

Love it due to staying power. Stays on way longer than chanel's vitalumiere aqua and even chanel's perfection lumiere. Bare in mind I have super oily skin. It provides a satin finish (not as matte as perfection lumiere, much more than vitalumiere aqua which is dewy) but this is not a dewy foundation. I am amazed with staying power so I will buy this again even though the coverage isn't quite what I need as I have large pores in my t-zone. Therefore, I use this all over and for extra cover add some perfection lumiere to my nose and cheeks. I love perfection lumiere but the staying power isn't great on me. With this even though I am still oily by midday the foundation is on my face still unlike with the chanel which would slide off especially if I blot my face. This stays pretty much put. I do have to dust on powder to get it completely matte (I don't need to with perfection lumiere). Lastly, I don't like that I can't control the squirt with the pump. I have to squirt out the full pump as opposed to half a pump at a time. Other than that I love the packaging. A bottle of this lasts me 6 months used pretty much every day. On me sand is too light and beige a bit dark and I have fair skin but with a slight tan atm. The average fair skinned person without a tan is sand. With a significant tan i'd say beige. This is scented but it isn't strong and you can't smell it once applied. SPF 20 (titanium dioxide).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product because I heard it was good for oily skin. I also heard the same thing about Teint Couture Long-Wearing Fluid Foundation. I tested both on the same day and found them to be extremely similar, so I will be writing one review for both.

Eclat Matissime (also known as Fluid Foundation Airy-Light Mat Radiance, whew!) has SPF 20, PA++ and Teint Couture has SPF 20, broad spectrum. I'm glad the SPF isn't as low as others (like 15... or 8!) but my rule of thumb is never to rely on foundation for sun protection.

Eclat Matissime comes with 1 oz. of product and costs $51, whereas Teint Couture comes with 0.8 oz. and costs $49. (Seriously, Teint Couture? Smh.)

The first thing I noticed was that the shade selections weren't in my favor because the colors for both foundations seem to have mostly pink or beige undertones. Still, I went with 4 Mat Beige for Matissime and Elegant Beige 4 for Teint Couture because they looked like okay matches, though they were the wrong undertone and also a bit on the light side. (Since I was more interested in trying out the formulas, I didn't mind that I wasn't getting a great match.)
As for how the colors compare to each other, they look very similar swatched and are pretty much identical on the face. I wore one on each side without any issues.

When Test Day came around, I saw that the shades weren't quite the matches I thought they would be. Upon first application, they definitely looked like they would be better suited for an NC20. And then after a minute or two, the foundations deepened -- darker, and more beige. For reference, I don't usually find that I have an issue with foundations oxidizing on me. However, these two definitely changed color, so much so that I feel they would be better suited for an NW25. If you get a chance to swatch instore, give the product a minute to dry down and judge the shade then.

As for consistency, both formulas feel the same: not thick, but more on the thick side than the runny side. Still, the formulas feel pretty thin, as if they have a lot of alcohol in them. (I'll get to more on this later.) The consistency of the foundations allows them to blend in very easily, and also dry down quickly (and actually dry down).

Coverage was a positive, as both offer up to medium. I have a good amount of post-acne hyperpigmentation but I find that I am comfortable skipping the concealer when I use these products, even if they don't cover stubborn scars. One layer offers light coverage, but it is easy to build (or sheer out) the formulas, and I never looked cakey.

Speaking of cakey, I was pleased with the finish of these foundations, as it was smooth and flawless, and never made me look too made-up. Personally, I thought both were on the satin-matte side, but I did see what people refer to as an "inner glow" when speaking about Eclat Matissime. Except I thought it looked more like an "inner shine." I wasn't oily when I was applying my make-up, but I did see a shine under the foundation, as if I had on a strong SPF moisturizer underneath. This wasn't anything that bothered me, however. I just thought I'd mention it because I remember seeing some people saying this was a dewy foundation for oily skin, but I don't really see that.

Back to the consistency of the foundations: Liked I mentioned, they are thick but feel thin, as if the formulas have a lot of alcohol. And they do.
I immediately realized this when I started spreading the foundations around my face. I actually remember thinking to myself, "Wow, this blends in so quickly. Reminds me of--"
Yeah. Reminds me of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, which has tons of alcohol in it :(

Now, I just to want to clear up a few things. First, the two Givenchy foundations are not as thin as the Chanel VA, though Eclat Matissime does instruct you to shake the bottle. Second, I know some people have no issues with alcohol, whatever their skin type. Third, I know alcohol comes in various forms, moisturizing and otherwise, but my skin has trouble with straight-up alcohol. That is, "alcohol," "denatured alcohol," "SD alcohol," etc. -- particularly when it shows up high on the ingredient list.

Upon realizing what I had just applied, I quickly pulled up the ingredients for both foundations and lo and behold: le alcohol, fourth on the lists. Not long after, I began to feel the effects of tight, uncomfortable skin, which I have experienced one too many times with an alcohol-laden formula.

As for oil control and lasting power, the foundations did an okay job (I did use primer and powder). Oil control not quite as well, since my T-zone got shiny pretty quickly -- after less than an hour. The rest of my face, especially the outer areas, did better, staying matte for longer. Lasting power, though, was superior. Even though my T-zone got oily rather soon, my make-up lasted all right, fading after about five hours. I was disappointed with the lasting power, but I did appreciate that the foundations did not fade patchy/cakey/some other unattractive way.

Overall, I won't be purchasing these foundations because they are not suitable for my skin -- too much alcohol for my dehydration, and not enough oil control for my oiliness. And again, just to be clear, my issues with alcohol are just that -- my issues :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by herbloomingcheeks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am 15 and have normal teenage skin. When it comes to foundations I am extremly picky! I have minor breakouts that i pick all the time (can't help myself) and therefore become red so this covers redness very well in my opinion. I have normaly dry skin but when I apply foundation in general l get a little oily so my face looks nice and dewy which I like, and have also experienced with this foundation (if you have extremly dry skin mouisturize before-I don't). In the winter shade 2 is perfect, now that it is summer shade 5 also matches me very well. The fregrance is nice and doesn't make me breakout. Looks very natural and it stays on the whole entire day without a primer or setting powder. The only bad thing I have noticed with the first one I bought is that the pump broke after a while but with my second one I don't have that problem. Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Lynn2013

perfect foundation! I have it in number 4 and I'm NC25, just perfect. That lit from within w/o the greasy UD Naked, Chanel Vita., Dior Nude or the cakeiness. Now this is pretty sheer, you could layer it up but I'd rather have a sheer fdtn for sheer fdt, med for med, etc. But I do believe you should wear as little coveage as you can get away with or guys say we wear "fakeup". It looks bad, a lot of fdtn, so this is really great. For all skin types but if you are really dry then you will need a seperate mositurizer. I tried them all, the "lit from w/i" i.e. YSL TE, and the above and this was the best - too bad it gets very little love on MUA as I am picky and could not be happier.

PS: i always go back to this as it stays on like iron with HG primer and a spritz of skindivinia spray. I'm so tired of m/u sliding off.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No