November 24, 2014 | 1391 users online

Liquid - Givenchy - Eclat Matissime Fluid Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by 6747

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A beautiful foundation ! Once on it stays that way till you take it off. I also like the bottle. It's different and works well for me. If you want something naturally beautiful this is it. Feels nice on the skin no oily or dry feeling.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by nataliecrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Absolutely HATE it!!!!

The thought of spending almost 35 euros on it (with a 25% discount) makes me wanna cry and I CANNOT EVEN RETURN IT!! :(((((((

I am NC25 and bought it in #5 Mat Honey since #4Mat Beige was ghostly white on me.

It looked good on me but the next day when i wore it to go for a walk with my boyfriend, OH MY GOD.

First of all, my face was ORANGE. Secondly, ABSOLUTELY NO COVERAGE! And third and most annoying, IT IS SO PATCHY AND HARD TO WORK!

The packaging is extremely cheap especially for such a high price, it opens up like a Zippo lighter and it doesnt even secure, meaning that it can open in your purse anytime. YUK!

Oh how i wish i hadnt spent my precious money. Such a waste, such a useless product.

DO NOT BUY! Save your hard earned money for something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by zpan12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation gives me a flawless, airbrushed look. I use it with a Beauty Blender and a little bit goes a long way. I have tried several other foundations (Becca, MUFE, Mac), but nothing gave me nearly as soft and beautiful of a glow as this product. The fragrance is a little strong, but I have come to enjoy it. My only complaints are the price and packaging - I find the flip top to be awkward. I highly recommend it if you're in the market for a high-end foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this at the Sephora in Paris. That makes this product a little more special for me. But, glamorous Paris aside, here is my objective look at it:

Pros
- great color match to my VERY pale skin. And for that I am truly grateful because it is insanely difficult for me to find a product that I love that matches my skintone.
- Matte, but not in a drying kind of way. Very nice (this coming from a person who was not into matte product before this one)
- Actually FEELS great on the skin.

Cons
- not so great coverage (light and buildable). So if you don't have much to conceal and cover, go for this product without hesitation. For those of us who do, concealer and loose powder overtop of this foundation are going to be your best friends.
- Bit on the pricier side

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by andreachidisima

this is about to become ny hg. I've been wearing it everyday with lots of products and on its own to see how it performes. I love the consistency, thin and smooth. the finish is to die for!! it holds my oils on my t zone like a dream! for more than 5 6 hours! the packaging is kinda boring for my taste, but it's good for traveling. I'll use every drop even if I have to rip the bottle appart, no shame as I don't dig the packaging. is very thin and light, yes, it does have a scent that I personally enjoy very much, and it did not broke me out at all!!! wich most mattifying foundations does. it doesn't diminish the appearance of my pores, wich is fine by me, the coverage is definitely light to medium (mostly light) no more than that wich is great for everyday wear. wanting to try chanel perfection lumiere velvet to compare, and see if this one wins my heart completely! or if I can have two hg ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Bellsss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably my favorite foundation. It's a very light and kind of watery consistence but it feels very nice on my skin. It's not drying and gives off a glowy, matte-satin finish. Of course my skin is extremely oily so if I'm at school, my oils will peek through by the 4-6 hour, but it is still not as heavy as the Lancome Teint Idole foundation! The price is quite expensive but you pay for the quality you get. The packaging only lets you squirt it out (I use 2-3) and it can get a little messy around the opening. Other than that, I would love to purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Musa15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is simply beautiful.
Let me start by addressing the color, I am around an NC25-30 and Mat Honey 5, is a gorgeous color match for my skin tone. I'd say it is best suited for those who are of a lighter Medium tan complexion with olive undertones. Most foundations that I use are either extremely pink or orange, (side glances at MAC). This foundation in contrast, is very neutral compared to those extremes, it is honestly the most perfect color match I have ever found. If you know Miss Maven (Teni) on youtube she has this foundation (in Mat Honey 5) applied to her in a bridal makeup tutorial video (for color reference), I'd say she is paler than her usual very bronzed self in this tutorial.
The foundation is quite a bit more fluid than MAC's pro long wear and at first you might think that coverage, finish and lasting power will suffer, but this foundation wears beautifully for a full work day and into the night. I just woke up from a nap and it was still on as applied, bronzer blush etc. I think what is most remarkable about the foundation is how matte and yet skin-like the finish is. It is not full coverage like ELDW, or Kat Von D lock-it, but I like this and I feel that I look fresh faced when wearing it. This foundation does not accentuate pores, which is a MUST, and it does not cause clogs or break outs, when it seems like every other foundation does for me.
I'd be sad if they ever discontinued it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Cnk1313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wore it for about a month really loved the natural smooth matte look blends very well no streeky lines when applying with brush after a month it started to noticeably dry my skin out to the point I had to stop using it as my everyday make up. still use sometimes when I just want light coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I have a lot of acne scars from a previous breakout from MAC that i really want to cover. This noon I ran to Sephora to get the Make Up Forever Matte something Foundation and had it color tested on me. I didn't like the coverage so another SA intervened and gave me this. She tried it on me together with the Givenchy Mister Matte primer and Teint Couture. After putting my make up I was kinda happy about it but I was sure it's gonna melt off like the previous products I tried like YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation, Chanel Matte Lumiere and Estee Lauder Maximum Coverage. Oh boy was I mistaken! I did errands and at 9PM i was still "matte"! Not only did it cover my imperfections but it was true to its name. So happy I found my holy grail! I can say this is by far the best foundation I have ever tried! The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is because it is expensive but the packaging is a simple plastic unlike YSL in that luxurious, pretty bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Ractoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation, comes closest to my HG foundation up to date ( I'm really picky). In the summer, I'm normally between NC 25-NC 30 so I got number 5 honey which matches my skin. It is definitely matte and wears for a long time. My only complaint is that although the packaging is cute, I'm starting to have problem with the bottle squirting the product all over the place. I will repurchase soon.