September 19, 2014 | 1250 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - Super Shiny with Mango

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by meadowbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Really great natural shampoo.
Cleanses well without any stripping of hair and scalp.
At first I thought it was going to be horrible because after shampooing and before conditoning, my hair felt sticky like the oils in it weren't washing out. However, after blow drying there was no oiliness or stickyness to be found.
Lathers pretty decently for a natural shampoo, though it always going to be less than sulfate laden shampoos.

My sensitive scalp was not irritated or dry.

I don't care much for the icky citrus/sour sherbet scent. If you're expecting this to smell like mango you'll be disappointed. The scent didn't linger for longer than a few hours.

Overall, this is a great natural shampoo and at AUD8.00 I will certainly be repurchasing.

The conditioner is not so great.
It's worth mentioning that neither the super shiny Mango shampoo or conditoner is anywhere near as good as the discontinued Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugarbeet versions.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Theaflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely great, natural shampoo for my long hair! I love this and the smell is great as is the price>I am used to paying much more for shampoo but this does the job leaving my hair and scalp naurally clean with out harsh chemicals. The smell is divine!! Will repurchase :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:13:00 AM More reviews by DanielJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this works well on thick hair - it gives my hair a certain stiffness that prevents frizz and means I need to use less, if any, product when shaping it. Wish I could purchase in a larger size - is a little expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by AnnikaLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I adore this shampoo. It cleans my hair without stripping it and des in fact make it super shiny like the name suggest. The only issue I have with it is that it doesn't help out with my frizzy curls problem. I still have the same amount of frizz that I had before I tried this shampoo. Other than that it does the job and smells amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by PinkBay

I found this shampoo was too expensive for how much I need to use in my hair. My hair is shoulder length or so but it took way too much product to clean my whole head. It smells delicious and natural. I am fairly allergic to most beauty products with scents or harsh chemicals but this one did not bother me and I really liked that. The only issue was the price in relation to product. Nobody wants to pay more for something when they don't have to!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Lily1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite shampoo. Maybe some girls are not accustomed to a product that almost does not foam, foam is an additive which does not contain this shampoo.
The smell is addictive, not aggressive or artificial as some products are.
I bought it because my stylist recommended I used sulfate free shampoo. I have two months using it and each week I notice more improvement in the health of my hair and scalp. Now I have no excess bait, or dandruff.
This is my third bottle and would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by electricbubblewrap

1. The reason some people have greasy hair is because this shampoo is free from ALL harsh agents that dry your scalp out. Your head produces more oil to make up the drying agents you put on it regularly. It's probably not the shampoo that gives you greasy hair, it's the fact that your head isn't used to not having the crap dried out of it and is still adjusting. It may take a while to do so, so if you can't go a few weeks with oily hair, this shampoo may not be for you, at least until you wean yourself off the harsh agents, which would take longer to do gradually.

2. The reason it doesn't lather richly is the same as #1. There are no harsh agents in it to cause it to lather up. Just because a product has more bubbles and suds does NOT mean it cleans your hair better and just because it does not lather well, does NOT mean that it isn't cleaning your hair.

I just really hate that this shampoo gets such bad reviews because I'm afraid Burt's Bees will take it off the market and add chemicals to it to please a crowd who is complaining because they're uninformed, as opposed to complaining about a product that's actually bad. This was the only one I found in my hometown that has no sulfates, silicones, or other harsh, damaging chemicals and I'd prefer to not have to order shampoo online. Even other shampoos that make this claim aren't actually sulfate/cone free.

I recently decided to give up using shampoo and water-wash my hair only. After my hair transitioned through its oily phase, I found my hair was healthier and fuller than before, but unfortunately, I learned that without shampoo, it will never have that fluffy, squeaky clean feeling near the scalp; it's not oily to the touch or anything,it just always feels a little heavy, like second-day hair. So I decided to look for a chemical free shampoo to indulge myself with maybe once or twice a month - chemical free so that I won't have to transition my scalp all over again and go through another greasy month. I can do the same with baking soda, but if I have to add something to my hair, I'd rather just splurge on something that smells nice :)

After using this shampoo, my hair is not greasy at all, and it feels light and weightless near my scalp again, like back when I was using shampoo regularly. I don't need it, but it's just a nice luxury to indulge in, and I still get the improved benefits of when I quit shampoo so this is like the best of both worlds for me. And I have fairly normal hair - straight, medium thickness, average amount, so I can say that as long as you aren't using too many drying agents on your hair, you don't need to have dry or curly hair to benefit from this shampoo.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by londonhenry

This is terrible. I was so excited. I have long, wavy and fine, brown hair. It smells okay, but it left my hair greasy and flat and stringy. Not to mention coarse. Don't be fooled by the no sulfates.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Farinarr

This is by far the worst shampoo I've ever tried. I was looking for a shampoo that didnt have sodium lauryl sulfate as it breaks me out and so tried this, hoping it would work well. It claimed to add shine and reduce frizz, which seemed like a bonus to my dry curly hair. this did not add shine, it added GREASE. It honestly felt and looked like i had poured a bottle of grease in my hair. My hair was so lank and felt heavy and disgusting, like i hadn't washed it in weeks. It lathers horribly (which i guess is expected since its sulfate free) and definately doesn't smell of mangoes (instead, this weird cheap citrus smell). Also, it made my scalp feel very itchy and not clean at all! All in all, i will not be using this ever again. Just annoyed I wasted £8 on a bottle of shampoo when i can buy one for half the price that works far better.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodhr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Unfortunately, this product did not work for me. It makes my scalp VERY irritated. My scalp is itchy, flaky and has red spots all over the place. It does clean hair very well, though, so that's why I gave it two stars. It doesn't lather well either, in my opinion. I had to shampoo twice or just use a lot of product at once. Otherwise, I will not repurchase and I will not continue using it. But the conditioner is a blessing! It works wonders on my hair, and I will review that separately.