October 25, 2014 | 1350 users online

Polishes - SinfulColors - It's Electric

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by adeleseddie

its a pretty color and for the price a great buy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

Update: This stuff chips like nobodies business!! It could have been my application, but compared to their other polishes it's a disappointment. Maybe something about asking particles to migrate through the polish messes with the stability of it once dried. One lippie off.

This is one of Sinful Colors magnetic polishes from their new line. This was my first venture into the new-ish magnetic trend, mostly because of the prohibitory cost, but when I saw this for less than $5 at RiteAid I had to give it a go.

There were 5 colors to choose from (from what I can remember) and they all had the same starburst design. I chose this one for its midnight blue look and I am very happy I did. Even without the magnet the color is pretty. With the magnet, and some time spent learning, it's actually really easy to get great results. Turns out that the recommended 2 coats is a bit overkill. Still turns out fine but no better than using one coat.

My Tips:
1. WORK ONE NAIL AT A TIME!!! No matter how good you already are this stuff dries FAST and will not work if it's dry. Dry = no ability for particles to migrate.
2. Base coat really didn't do anything to help the magic.
3. Two coats are a waste. Use a non magnetic polish to conserve the fancy stuff or just use one coat of the magnetic polish.
4. Apply a slightly thicker coat, not globs since too much will cause a blurry image, but enough to be opaque.
5. Get the magnet over the nail ASAP and hold it there for 20-30 seconds. I found that a little longer gives a better image but if held for too long it gets blurry (or I was using too much polish).

It's easy to test the magnet on the side of the bottle to see where the design is, and you can try your regular fridge magnets too! I found I have some that will give me stripes. Also, the design will settle slightly after the magnet is removed. I haven't found a way to prevent this but it's not that big a problem for me since they're still pretty. I plan on getting some more colors and finding (or making) some cool magnets to go with them.