E.L.F. Studio HD Blush (all)

Isododecane, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Nylon-12, Barium Sulfate, Mica, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 8/30/2015 3:30:00 AM

I absolutely love this blush. Have it in "headliner" and repurchased already.
It looks very flattering on my pale skin, almost makes me glow and lasts forever!
Little goes a long way. You only need tiny bit of product. if it gets runny, I shake the bottle and it seem to help.
I swear, it replaced all blushes I have.

on 7/21/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

WHY BUY?
I ran out of my beloved NARS powder blush in Sin and wanted to look for an alternative and more versatile product...enter E.L.F. Studio HD Blush in Showstopper. The two shades are not comparable nor would I consider them duplicates to each other.

E.L.F.'s CLAIMS
This blush leaves a soft-focus finish while providing Vitamin E to condition and hydrate the skin and color the lasts all day.

COST
At $3 USD, you can't go wrong. I ended up purchasing all five shades for my NC40 skin tone.

PACKAGING
There is 0.51 full ounces/15mL and it includes a plastic cap that snaps and is dispensed through a pump. It's quite portable to pack.

APPLICATION
For all five blushes, I use the size of a pinhead for each cheek. I work the product on the back of my hand to warm it up and lightly dip my Julie Hewett Perfect Chubbie Cheekie Blush Brush and dap off excess blush before stippling it on to my cheeks. Then I gently stipple in circular motions using a stippling brush to soften up the edges. If the color is still too intense, I take a little bit of my BB cream to help diffuse the color to help blend it effortlessly. Remember, less is definitely more when using these highly pigmented HD blushes. Applying the blush with your fingers are always a good way as well, but use light and quick strokes as the product settles quickly. I also found that using a stippling brush helps soften the appearance of any harsh lines while blending out the edges.

STUDIO HD BLUSH:
Headliner - This is a baby pink shade with very subtle hints of glitter. The glitter isn't noticeable from the bottle, but I notice a little bit when I applied it. This is more of an everyday look for me. I thought it wouldn't show up on my NC40 skin tone, but it actually gives me a healthy glow.

Superstar - This is more on the peachy side. These shades are the recommended shade for medium to tan skin tones. However, I prefer more pinker shades, but no doubt, it is still a beautiful shade that I will use depending on the look I'm going for.

Diva - Hot Pink shade that should be used sparingly. Must use with the utmost light handed technique. It is also gorgeous on medium to tan skin. I must say when I first opened the package, I didn't think I'd be reaching for this the most.

Encore - A fuchsia shade also beautiful on medium to tan skin tone. I honestly thought I would reach for this shade the most, but I actually like mixing this with Showstopper to create a lovely violet lip color.

Showstopper - This is the deepest color of the five with hints of fuchsia shimmer. Like Diva, this should be used with a light hand and blended out thoroughly.

TIP
The beauty of cream products is the ability to mix them together to create a new shade. As I mentioned above, I mix Encore and Showstopper together for a soft deep berry lip color and whatever is leftover, I use as cheek color. I also like mixing a bit of Encore and Headliner together to make a deeper pink shade. Individually, these stand alone as both cheek and lip colors.

OVERALL
Seeing that I have all five shades, I probably won't run out anytime soon. If I ran out of Headliner and Diva, I would definitely repurchase. These blushes do live up to its claim by staying put all day. I can't speak on the Vitamin E claim since most of the time my cheeks tend to lean more on the oily side. My skin tends to be more oily during the warmer seasons, but the HD Blush held up nicely. I wore one color everyday during the weekday to see if each held up to its claim.

Since the weather is a bit warmer in my area I figured it was the best time to test it out. For $3 (USD), you cannot go wrong with spending $15 on all five. The best part that I love about these blushes is being able to create and mix your own color...better yet create and mix your own matching lip and cheek color. Yes, these also make for amazing matte lip colors. E.L.F Cosmetics, you have done it again!

on 7/15/2015 1:43:00 PM

Got this in Headliner and it's pretty. I am cool/neutral. It's VERY pigmented, so a little goes a long, long way on my pale skin. Someone else mentioned theirs was runny, but mine isn't at all. Actually, it's quite thick. I only use the tiniest bit. And you can't beat the price so I recommend giving it a try.

on 7/12/2015 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this HD blush as a lipstick! Highly pigmented and stays on forever!! Stocked up...

on 7/12/2015 6:26:00 AM

I have this blush in Superstar and love it. I think I bought it last summer but only recently "re-found it" in the bowels of my stash. I had to shake and pump the bottle a lot to get some dried bits out (due to non-use for so long). But once I cleared the pump out, I put a TINY bit on the back of my hand and applied to cheeks with a Sonia Kushuk dual fiber brush. It applied beautiful and stayed ALL DANG DAY. During a 90deg day just over BB cream and bronzer (and yet it washed off my white-bristled brush very easily with some Dr Bronnners soap)

Highly recommend this blush for those who need their blush to last ALL DAY even in high heat.

I love re-finding a fav...now I must purchase more colors

This product was actually so heavily pigmented that it was difficult to use! It is insane. Long-lasting, etc. You get a ton in the bottle, and you don't even need a pump the size of a grain of rice to get a good flush on your cheeks.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

HATE THIS! It is runny and stains my brushes and fingers. It doesnt apply smoothly and looks streaky and blotchy. One of the worst products I have ever tried. I usually LOVE Elf but this product just plain SUCKS!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this in the shade "Encore" because I'm typically a big fan of darker more mauve-y blushes. I don't know what I was thinking because when I got home, I realized it wasn't really very mauve and was definitely more of a hot pink. Regardless, I still wanted to like it. The packaging is great, I love the pump style. I swatched it on my hand before I ever put it on my face and holy bejeezus, am I glad. This is way too pigmented. I used the tiniest of tiny dots, smaller than the head of a pin and wound up with a circle of clown-cheek-pink on the back of my hand, bigger than a half-dollar coin.

While pigmentation is always a good thing, this is honestly too pigmented. I can't imagine ever seriously using this unless I was trying to do an exaggerated porcelain doll look. The texture of it was weird as well, quite hard to blend. Overall, I gave this particular color a 3 out of 5 only because I feel I can't fault good pigmentation because damn, it's really impressive. I would still be willing to try the other colors available though, because for my pale skin, this one is just far too bright.

on 6/10/2015 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got this in Headliner shade, very beautiful pink that suits my complexion! It has a satin finish but not glittery. It's actually the most natural flush/blush for me. You only need a dot literally to do both cheeks. This stuff lasts forever!!! The price is very affordable! While the packaging is hygienic, it's very hard to control the amount that comes out as you only need a dot. Secondly, this stuff dries up in the pump so it blocks the passage of the rest of the content inside the bottle! Such a waste! :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Let me start off by saying, I am not normally a fan of cream products such as cream blush, cream contouring, cream highlighter. Cream does not work with my oily skin. I purchased this because it was on sale, for like $1 in the bargin bin at Target. I didn't have very high expectations, but it was cool to try out, especially for so cheap. This cream blush is the most pigmented, the longest staying blush I have ever found. It has a tiny pump for the product which is really helpful, considering how crazy pigmented it is. I like to pump out a tiny tiny dot and stipple onto the cheeks with the Elf stippling brush. That being said, this is not for everyday use. I would maybe suggest using it if you're going swimming all day, because this stuff does not budge with water! It wouldn't even come off with my Neutrogena makeup remover wipes, or my oil-free eye makeup remover. After vigorously scrubbing my face with several makeup remover wipes, it finally came off, only to find that it stained my cheeks! So as I forementioned, only use this if you'll be swimming all day, (if you like wearing makeup to the pool)

Hope this helped!