Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant +

3.2

Nope, nope, nope! I got this as a gift at Christmas time and was delighted because I had heard about Trilogy rosehip oil. I have tried different RHOs before without any problems and I was delighted to see the inclusion of anti-oxidants in this version. BUT within a week I had developed big cystic lumps on my cheeks, the likes of which I have never seen before and my skin felt hot to the touch. I persisted, believing that my skin was purging but after three months the inflammation, lumps and redness continued. Eventually I admitted defeat and started using La Roche Posay Serozinc spray and the Toleraine range for sensitive skin. Within days my skin started to recover. So my advice is to proceed with caution and if your skin reacts STOP immediately.

on 3/17/2015 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was already totally in love with the normal Trilogy rosehip oil, then I tried out the Antioxidant+ and somehow it agreed even more with my skin! I put a generous amount on every night before bed and wake up every morning with a serious case of baby face. No fine lines, bright, toned, seriously soft skin AND I barely have any blemishes to speak of anymore. I've even been so confident with my skin lately that I've been ditching the makeup routine all together. A couple of my girlfriends have asked me what I use and I have converted them to Trilogy oil too; they are loving it as much as I do. I don't plan to ever stop using this stuff. It is everything I want in a skincare product with the added benefit of being certified organic.

on 3/5/2015 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I always use rosehip oil as I absolutely adore how it makes my skin look and feel. I've been very keen to try this product as I thought since it is rosehip oil with some extras my skin would surely love it even more. Unfortunately I was proven wrong.
At first my skin did look lovely and smooth but gradually I started developing tiny spots as well as large cysts that I never ever get. In fact I woke up one morning with two dreadful cysts on my neck which is a very unusual place for any type of blemishes for me.
Finally I had to admit this product was the culprit. Having analysed the ingredients I've noticed that caprylic/capric triglyceride is third on the list and it is a well known comedogenic. Be very careful with this product if your skin is sensitive or acne prone.
UPDATE: After going back to my regular rosehip oil I can see a massive improvement to my skin after only a day of use.Will never use Trilogy again!

on 10/8/2014 3:12:00 AM

I bought this as an add in to my night time regime as I had heard good things about it. I have dehydrated but not normally sensitive skin. I used it for a week and then I woke up with big red angry lumps all over my face. They are really painful. They are not spots. I haven't changed anything else so I am guessing it must be the oil. I would be really cautious about buying this product as there is no way of knowing wether you would react to it.

on 9/20/2014 10:46:00 PM

Before I started using Rosehip Oil (RHO); I had BAD acne scars and marks literally covering my forehead (I have a massive forehead) and survived by covering it up with a fringe. RHO by Trilogy was the first I used; I found it about 2 years ago and have been using it day & night ever since. My acne scars are all gone; my face is way clearer and smoother! Before that I tried every scar removal cream, gel, lotion I could get my hands on - and nothing worked. RHO + AO is the one I've been using for a while; I can't say there really is a difference between this and the standard RHO.

I was a bit concerned that it was an oil at first - I have combo skin, oily T-zone and I'm prone to comedogenic breakouts. But I had no issues at all with it; and my skin loved me for it! I found that the price was a bit higher compared to other brands of RHO - I haven't tried them yet, only because I'm not sure how my skin would react to them and I've only heard good things about Trilogy (natural ingredients, whatnot). But a little bottle can last me for about 6-8 months; I use it twice a day (morning & night) before my moisturizer - and I only ever need 2 drops (any more and it gets too greasy along with my creams). I don't actually mind the smell; to be honest - I don't notice it at all. But safe to say; my forehead is so much clearer (it use to be like freckled), it keeps my skin soft and it actually sinks into my skin. I do recommend it if you are self-conscious about acne scars.

on 9/10/2014 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great product. Works wonders for my acne prone skin, and really soothes the eczema on my arms and legs. Best of all, it's all natural.

on 5/13/2014 3:58:00 AM

I have previously used the ordinary rosehip oil without the antioxidants with no problems, but this oil gave me horrible cystic breakouts. I have normal skin not prone to breakouts, so there is no doubt the oil is responsible. Too bad, because I like the consistancy of the oil and it feels nice on my skin.

on 4/26/2014 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have dry skin which has never been prone to breakouts, with the odd pimple only showing up seldomly. I never experienced acne before and my skin reactions to certain products were never severe, at most one or two breakouts.

3 months ago I decided to try new skin care products because I am trying to prevent aging and wrinkles and bought this face oil thinking it would be beneficial for my dry skin.

I WAS WRONG. THIS STUFF IS EVIL. IT GAVE ME HORRIBLE, PAINFUL CYSTS ALL OVER MY FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At first I thought I was just going through hormonal changes, stress, life, getting older, etc...I was shocked and horrorized to see my face covered in acne for the first time in my life, I did not know what was wrong until one day I applied this oil to my neck and woke up with three MASSIVE cysts on my neck!!!

I do not know why this product gave me such an awful reaction but it is definately not worth the money, it is taking me time and effort to get rid of the scars this product left ... DEFINATELY DO NOT WORTH BUYING.

on 2/28/2014 7:03:00 PM

perfect for my winter dry skin. i dont really like the scent but iy's still ok.

on 12/1/2013 7:49:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Tried the 'Renew' rosehip oil before and loved it. Hence, decided to try this brand because i have been hearing good reviews about trilogy rose hip oil. And since this has extra benefits, so i was thinking why not try rosehip oil antioxidant instead?

I had been using this every night, not until i realized that this product was the reason of my clogged pores. I have stopped using this now. Would not repurchase this, but will try the trilogy rosehip oil without the antioxidant benefits instead.