October 1, 2014 | 980 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Dreamy Vanilla Woods

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by greenelady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love vanilla scents and this is my favorite BBW scent ever! It was apart of the fall/autumn 2012 line.

I would describe it as a sweet vanilla scent with a woody/musk undernote. It isn't too sweet and sugary.

This would be my signuture scent, if it were still available for purchase. I wish they would make this permanent, or at lease available on there website. I hope that BBW releases it again Fall 2013, I will stockpile bottles of this stuff!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Quartersnpaints7

I like it but i'm not in love with it... its just a basic vanilla.. smells nice for the cold months but my favorite is vanilla bean noel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This scent is pretty close to your basic, deep vanilla scent.
It's pretty sweet, but not TOO sweet. It's a good in-between-er scent in my opinion; I wear it inbetween wearing sweet cinnamon pumpkin or other perfumes. However, it is very fall-ish for some reason; very different from something like the summer vanillas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally... they brought Fresh Vanilla back! except it's now called Dreamy Vanilla Woods. I've always loved FV and couldn't understand why it was discontinued. It's basically a spinoff of WVS but not as cloying. It's much sweeter and fresher. I have the DVW body cream which is very moisturizing and long lasting. I'm not sure why they put "Woods" in the name because there's nothing woody or woodsy about it. For those on the hunt for a very comforting Vanilla for Fall, I'd suggest this or Vanilla Bean Noel. I love them both.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Very good basic vanilla. If any of you recall the "Fresh Vanilla" line that Bath and Body Works used to carry, this new fragrance smells VERY similar. It's not as sweet and potentially cloying as Warm Vanilla Sugar, nor does it have any other notes besides vanilla, to my nose. Nothing spicy or woodsy about it, just plain vanilla, perhaps sweetened slightly. I love that though, because it smells delicious, but not edibley so. It's a great staple item to have and if you were a fan of Fresh Vanilla, you will definitely enjoy this new BBW fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a decent vanilla body spray. I purchased one of the mini bottles that cost 3 for $10 CAD before committing to the big bottle (hey, I like variety!). I had no trouble deciding between this and the Warm Vanilla Sugar because WVS smelled a bit gross to me. The Dreamy Vanilla Woods is definitely superior- it's a more mature and sexy vanilla scent. The staying power seems good for a body spray.

I wouldn't give it 5 stars though- it's not as good as the Body Fantasies vanilla body spray that I can no longer find in Canada.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by serenao

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a creamy, dreamy vanilla that doesn't end up smelling like plastic or playdo.
It's a great cozy scent to help get in the mood for these chilly months upon us... yum!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love vanilla-scented products, but I was disappointed with the Dreamy Vanilla Woods line. The scent sounded absolutely delicious from the description but alas, it's very one-dimensional. Pretty much all I could smell from the lotion was a weak, straight-up vanilla that lacked staying power. As for the body spray, it smelled more like alcohol than anything else. I'd rather save my money and buy a huge bottle of the vanilla lotion from St. Ives....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this yesterday. One spray on my arm is still noticeable this morning, so it certainly seems to have good lasting power. As for the scent, I'm undecided...I like it okay, but I was hoping for more woodsy/spicy notes. It's definitely not the same as Warm Vanilla Sugar (which I really dislike). I'm thinking I'll probably just use the body wash, and maybe the spray in my car. So many scents out there, can't settle for one I don't love--that's my theory.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried this on yet, but, the scent from the botte reminds me of the discontinued Fresh Vanilla. Does anyone think this is the same thing just renamed? I will have to update my review after I wear it. I had just started wearing Fresh Vanilla when it was discontinued.