November 27, 2014 | 1614 users online

Body Scrubs - H2O - SEA MOSS BLACK SAND BODY SCRUB

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by TrueSugar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I enjoyed this scrub, I find the scent to be refreshing and the scrub is not harsh. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've seen H2O+ products at various stores for years now but I was never really tempted to try anything from the line. As I've gotten older, it's getting harder to rationalize spending $20 on a body wash that just smells kinda good. As such, I never really looked at all the products this company has to offer. I've been frequenting Marshall's and Ross lately (as I've mentioned in other reviews) and I keep seeing H2O+ products there but nothing has really piqued my interest. On my last trip, I saw a travel/sample sized bottle of the Black Sand Body Scrub and thought, "Oh...that's interesting". I love a good scrubby body wash but the wee tube I found was pretty banged up so I skipped it. I went to another Ross down the street (yes, I know, I have a problem) and found this scrub in a full size bottle for $5. So yeah, I bought it and a few other H2O+ products too.

This scrub is pretty great. I don't know if it actually contains real black sand but whatever is in it does the job well. The smell of the scrub is also light and fresh. Nothing oddly fruity or too out there. Just clean. I also love that it lathers up well. I do like to exfoliate (and Lord knows I need it), but I also like to feel clean. Lathering scrubs just make the whole process that much easier. You really don't need a ton of product to get a good lather but since I'm a bit on the heavy handed side, I tend to use a little more than is probably needed.

The only real downside to this scrub is that it's black and can stain your shower. By that I mean that if you flick a bit around and forget to rinse it off, it will stick. Anyone who uses body scrubs knows that's one of the hazards so it's not a huge issue.

I would totally buy this again if I could find another tube for $5. That's a price that can't be beat and this sure beats the body washes and lame-o scrubs that can be found in drug stores for the same price. I'm not sure if I'd shell out $20 for it though. Hopefully I'll find another tube of it on my next trip to Ross. Yes, I know, I need a stop-going-to-Ross intervention.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by rockandlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this brand, and I couldn't wait to try this product. However, I was very disappointed. The scrub doesn't really make me feel very clean after showering; it leaves a residue on my skin even though I have a water softener. My skin doesn't feel as soft as it does when I use other body washes, and I feel very little benefit from the exfoliation, which is the main reason I'm drawn to scrubs. I also have to use a *lot* of the product to get it to cover my skin. I do love the smell; it's such a fresh, clean smell! Also the bottle design is great, as it makes it easy to get a good amount of product out without wasting the scrub. All in all, I've found better products for much cheaper, and I feel like this product is not worth buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by sphere99

I haven't used H2O plus products in a long time so I recently got some and I actually really like them! This one in particular is really good, I have used many many scrubs in my day and normally they are good, but this Black Sand scrub is awesome. It lathers up slightly but not too much, it smells good (although I didn't love the smell at first now I do!), and it leaves me clean and soft.

Even used it to remove some patchy old self tanner on my legs and it took it right off without having to rub the next layer of skin off!