October 24, 2014 | 1684 users online

Powder - LORAC - Oil-Free Wet/Dry Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by mailife4

For the longest time, I still have the hardest time looking for a good matching powder foundation. Luckily, I got to meet the creator of Lorac, Carol, who talked me into buying her foundation. I really like the concept of applying the foundation as a dry powder or applying it with a wet sponge for a dewy look. It was a perfect match to my Asian skin. But there are some cons to this product. It's quite expensive for the amount of product you get. It's some in size and shape as the L'oreal powder foundation but just 3 times more expensive. I do like to product but not too sure if I would recommend it for anyone. You can find something else that you like and it's within your budget.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by playsindirt

Well, I wanted to like it. I'm still in search of the perfect powder foundation. I got this at Ulta because I had gone in search of MUFE powder foundation and then realized Ulta didn't carry the line. This stuff looks great, very natural, easy application, yada yada yada. BUT, every time I wear it I break-out. And I'm 54. Not cool.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The color I have is actually too light for me, but that is not impacting my opinion of it.

The texture of the powder is soft. It is rather "powdery" considering it is a foundation. It does not seem to sink into my skin. I tried it wet and really had the same issue. Therefore, the coverage either was a little too powdery or splotchy (depending on which way I used it).

I have used this to set foundation or touchups as a face powder... but as a foundation... I'm out. I have used many products, even drug store, what served better purposes as either a foundation or powder. Lorac is my all time fav brand, but this was an utter fail for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely NOT worth the almost 40 bucks for this powder. Its WAY too expensive for what it is and it really isnt much of a foundation. I could barely get a light coverage out of this stuff and when I tried it wet it looked terrible and just sunk into my pores and clogged them. Im taking this back to the store asap.

I dont recommend this at all. Too bad too because they had very light yellow based shades which are hard to find. Oh well..the search continues!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by loriega

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I splurged on this at Ulta (I can be notoriously cheap about foundations because nothing seems to work right) because I finally found something that was the right shade of pale (ie, not pink!). As I am skeptical of powder foundation, I thought it would be more like a setting powder, but I discovered it actually gave me coverage! It evened out the occasional ruddiness in my cheeks and covered a few little spots. It's perfect for summer because it's so light-weight and doesn't add more oil to my T-zone. I will definitely be buying it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by ladyli3n

I went to Sephora to pick this up and actually was quite disappointed after I used it for about a week. I was recommended this product as I was looking for a full coverage powder foundation. I am on a hunt for one as I don't want to wear liquid everyday. This is more of a setting powder to me. I was told this was the best full coverage - which its not. It barely covers my blemishes (I have combo-oily skin) and def. requires touch up as the day goes on. For $47 CAD, it was def not worth it. I also hate the packaging! It looks and feels cheap - you think if your paying $50 they would make a better package for it. I returned it as it was def. not worth $50 for, basically, a setting powder. I think if you had good skin, it would be nice as its smooth but def. not recommended for troubled skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by ZolieComeHome

I am one that prefers a lot of coverage without looking like I am wearing a ton of make up. Sooo.....this one goes on (dry), I've never tried it wet over my Paula Dorf Oil-Free Foundation. I do think I have finally found a match that covers up the breakouts and acne scars. Blah! I like it because it is for sensitive skin. It's fragrance free, oil free and paraben free. All good. A little goes a long way since I mainly use it to set my foundation but I find that I don't have to touch up often and it doesn't feel cakey or thick going on. I don't use the sponge because it collects bacteria...but have plenty of powder brushes that provide a nice even coverage. I'm thinking of trying the Lorac Oil Free Foundation next but I really like how Paula Dorf is working for me, so I'll probably stick to that combination. I would suggest using it as a finishing powder over a light foundation instead of wet or alone if you want some nice coverage with that doesn't feel cakey.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by abusleb

Ummmm, there is no coverage! It's almost like a setting powder...I bought it today but I don't think it's worth the money if it's not gonna cover my acne marks and the redness. It also doesn't have a staying power...Too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by AmyCool

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG Product, the only powder or foundation I will ever used. Bought about 10 times already, will continue to buy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

YUCK! this made me orange, and I am far from orange. Coverage sucks. Just not worth the price. Packaging is bulky.