October 2, 2014 | 1221 users online

Styling Products - Sebastian - Shaper Zero Gravity

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

I really like this hair spray for hold and finishing however I can't take the smell. The smell really does stay all day and literally gives me a migraine headache. Had to end up throwing the can away so it was a good thing I bought the small sample can. I have fine hair that is also unruly and can get frizzy/wavy so I'm always looking for good styling products. Guess I will stick to my L'Oreal elnett satin stray and Tresemme hair spray for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Despite the smell, which is a total turn off to me, I have purchased this hairspray again and again. it keeps my fine hair in place once I've styled it, but lightly. Recently I picked up a can of Sebastian Shaper Spray which was on sale, and when my can of Zero Gravity (the black can one) was done, I just started using the Shaper Spray. I used to use Shaper in the days when it was the stylist's choice, and what a mistake. It doesn't hold my fine hair at all, and if a breeze comes along before I get to work, my hair style is gone! Zero Gravity is pricey but I always find it on sale at Shopper's Drug Mart - just picked it up today for about $21 and it lasts for months. If I'm getting the performance I need and want for everyday use, I'll buy it. I have other hairsprays for heavier use, and lighter use, but the one that meets me right in the middle is Zero Gravity Spray. Why they have produced it with such a god-awful smell, I don't know, but I just follow up with a scented shine spray and the smell is gone.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by greynct00

I tried a small can. Works nicely, but smells awful. Won't buy again, I'll stick with the tried and true Shaper.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by misanders

I cannot handle the smell of this hairspray. It isn't a pleasant smell and it stays in your hair all day. The smell also stays around my bathroom for hours. Yuck! It is light weight and does an ok job, but will never buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My overall feeling about this product is kind of meh but I'm not a huge hairspray fan/user to begin with. I think it's seriously over priced but I bought it because I was having a hard time finding a truly flexible hold hairspray that wouldn't make my hair feel like straw on days that I wanted to look a bit more polished and keep my style in place. This does give a nice light hold that brushes out easily and as long as I don't use too much my hair feels a little rough but it's wearable and I can run my fingers through it. If I use more than a very light spray (holding the can a good 16 inches away) this makes my hair look and feel coated and clumped together. I find that my daughters cheap Tresemme spray looks and feels nicer but takes forever to wash out and is drying. This washes out easily and doesn't dry my hair out. I'm on the fence about buying this again. It does it's job but I may look for a cheaper option since a few more reasonably priced brands are coming back out with flexible hold sprays. This can should last me quite a while though since it's not a product I use every day so that does take some of the sting out of the price tag.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by SkylineGtr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After hearing great things about this hairspray I'm very disappointed that it didn't work well at all for me. I was only left with a bad smell. I have straight hair that is pretty voluminous but needs a lift on those days before washes. I tried using this hairspray before blowing out as well as after and both ways didn't work at all. I'm bummed because its not like this hairspray is cheap..I paid $20. Although the hairspray does indicate its best for fine hair, my hairdresser assured me it works on all hair types. Guess she lied. At least she made a good sale. I'll just stick to my cheap L'oreal hairspray from wal mart, thanks,

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by VictoriaHat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the lightest hairspray I ever used and it actually holds...amazing. It also leaves my hair shiny. My hair is baby fine and thin so I need hold but don't want stiff, sticky hair. If you apply too much it will get stiff but you can still comb through it. I live in a humid climate so I am thrilled to find this. Also, I have sensitive skin and this doesn't seem to have irritating ingredients, which is great.