December 20, 2014 | 1662 users online

Styling Products - Frederic Fekkai - Brilliant Glossing Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Mckinleykulman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have not purchased this in a while but I love this product!! It makes my hair so smooth and shiny. It is great to pair with their glossing spray, but make sure to not over use either product. A little goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I wore my hair straight, I used to love using this to blow my hair dry and defrizz ends on 2nd or 3rd days. The smell is glorious. However, while this had enough hold to keep my hair straight & defrizzed, it doesn't have enough hold to keep my hair naturally curly without frizz and it weighs down pretty quickly because of the silicone content. So a very good product but by no means perfect or great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by sophie_lapin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG hair polisher. Been using it for years and have never found anything cheaper that can deliver these results.
To save money, on days where I'm not going out to impress, I might use Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum or even Suave's version of Moroccan Oil but neither of them make my hair as fabulous as the Frederic Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by flashdanzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product for my naturally curly hair. Applied to dry hair in between washes it helps to detangle and control frizz. A little goes a long way so you don't need much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

If I could have only 1 hair product for the rest of my life, this would be it! For 8 years I've used this amazing creme on my long, fine, super thick/heavy, wavy hair, and I love it! I use it on slightly damp or dry hair, focusing on the middle and ends to give a little texture, shine, and a polished look. Tames flyaways perfectly. It has a thick consistency, is a bit oily (I stick with a pea size amount), but spreads nicely. Smells light and clean, not fruity. It works great for sleek looks, but also works for voluminous looks. It will go rancid if not used within about a year, which is good 'cause it's not loaded with chemical preservatives. I used to use it on my boyfriend's long, wavy hair - it was fried - but looked much better after using this.
I also style my mom's hair with it and she gets compliments on her hair all the time! She has short, wavy hair and I run a pea size dollop from mid-shaft to the ends, then just finger style, hairspray, and WOW! She looks great! This product makes her hair super shiny and healthy looking!
If I'm rushing out the door and have no time to do my hair, I just run a dollop of this through my hair first and look totally polished!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received samples of this product with an online purchase and used up all of my samples before deciding to purchase the full-sized tube. The first thing I noticed was the smell. I love the way this stuff smells! It has a slight olive oil kind of smell but it is fresh smelling. I don't usually like the smell of olive oil but the combination of that with the fresh smell makes it smell amazing! I have long, blonde hair that is somewhat fine in texture but I have a lot of hair so I am always looking for a product to help smooth frizz and make my hair shiny. A small amount (pea-sized drop) is enough to treat my entire head! I put a small amount in my hands and rub them together, then apply to clean, wet/damp hair, concentrating at the ends. Once I work it through, I use the slight residue closer to my scalp to help control fly aways. Make sure you don't apply this to your roots because it will definitely make your hair look greasy if you aren't careful where you put it! This cream makes my hair super soft and shiny, and doesn't weigh it down. It helps keep my hair smooth all day long and smells great. At first I didn't know if I wanted to spend the money for the big bottle but after getting a bunch of uses out of the sample size I knew that it would last a long time and would be cost effective over the long run since I wouldn't have to keep buying more like I do with some less expensive products. I recommend this to anyone who wants their hair to shine and feel silky smooth all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by yesilikepinacoladas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I had been meaning to go back to Moroccan Oil but tried a knock off and the oil-type products really do nothing for my hair at all, so I bought into the hype with the FF Glossing Cream and it delivers! It's like mayonnaise for hair! A little goes a long way. I use it to tame frizz at the crown and at the ends where I have an ombre blonde (very long hair). The think that I love about this product is that the smoothing effect lasts. I tried their highlight enhancer cream which smells like pink grapefruit (and the scent lasts!) however the smoothing effects are not as pronounced (much less greasy-feeling, would be great for someone whose hair is weighted down easily by styling products).
Bottom line: if you have thick or dry hair that tangles easily this product is a godsend! Will definitely buy again but the price is steep!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This cream may be mighty hell expensive, BUT it really does what it's supposed to do - it makes hair shiny and glossy, yet manageable and luxuriously soft and touchable. It doesn't leave my hair greasy or hardened and it really gives off a lustrous sheen. Also, a little already goes a long way so it makes a good investment. This one's worth it. Thumbs up!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Bclancy

I actually rate this product 2.5 instead of 2, because it's not that bad. Just supremely underwhelming. I don't understand all the hype around this product. As a finishing product it adds shine like it says it will, but is very easy to overdo and end up looking greasy. It's very silicone-ey and leaves my fingers slippery. Alterna Caviar CC Cream adds shine(when used on dry hair as a finishing product) but also makes my hair softer and my ends look healthier. Fekkai just gives a slick shine that in my opinion isn't very natural looking. Bumble and Bumble Grooming Creme when used as a finishing product is less greasy and adds a bit of definition to my ends as well as shine. Bumble and Bumble Brilliantine adds a sexy tousled texture to my hair. You get the picture. There's a litany of other products that accomplish pretty much the same thing but do a much better job. And products that do more than this product does to improve the overall look and feel of my hair. None of the above products are cheap, but then again neither is Fekkai Glossing Cream. For the money I'd choose any of these over Fekkai any day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by haggak

this product does not live up to the hype. makes my hair greasy. I don't get why it won awards. it's junk.