Frederic Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Creme

4.2

on 1/26/2015 7:39:00 PM

At one point I was in love with this product....I even bought three tubes so I can have one everywhere I needed.

I mostly liked it for its smell to be honest.
In terms of being useful for the hair, I can't say it does much.
It's very easy to go overboard with the application. Once you do that, your freshly washed hair looks greasy.

(Also it leaves hands covered with tiny sparkles after application.)

Now my latest experience has been extremely disappointing, I went to grab one of my bottles, squeezed some product into my hand rubbed my hands together and noticed a horrible smell! I don't know if the product went bad but it smelled like very strong stale plasticky chemicals!
It smells so bad that I don't want to use it in my hair. It's too bad to waste such an expensive product especially since I have half a tube left.
I'm also scared to open my other two tubes.
I have never had this happen with a hair product before, especially after only a few months of use. .... What a waste.

Overall I wouldn't suggest buying this product.
It only coats hair with no benefit for damaged locks, making it greasy faster then other oils or leave-in conditioners.
And
It apparently has a tendency of smelling funky after a short period of use. Gross.

ckb

on 1/6/2015 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Just finished off a tube of this. Even tho it's pricey - I would purchase this again because -- when used minimally --- it leaves a nice sheen to your hair. I particularly like to use this on my daughter (long red, wavy hair) -- it brings out natural highlights in the sunlight.

on 12/26/2014 9:04:00 AM

I have had this for such a long time, mine is just called Glossing Cream. It doesn't do anything miraculous, and can make my hair greasy if I use too much.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I have not purchased this in a while but I love this product!! It makes my hair so smooth and shiny. It is great to pair with their glossing spray, but make sure to not over use either product. A little goes a long way!

on 9/30/2014 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

When I wore my hair straight, I used to love using this to blow my hair dry and defrizz ends on 2nd or 3rd days. The smell is glorious. However, while this had enough hold to keep my hair straight & defrizzed, it doesn't have enough hold to keep my hair naturally curly without frizz and it weighs down pretty quickly because of the silicone content. So a very good product but by no means perfect or great!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is my HG hair polisher. Been using it for years and have never found anything cheaper that can deliver these results.
To save money, on days where I'm not going out to impress, I might use Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum or even Suave's version of Moroccan Oil but neither of them make my hair as fabulous as the Frederic Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Cream.

on 8/17/2014 6:23:00 AM

I love this product for my naturally curly hair. Applied to dry hair in between washes it helps to detangle and control frizz. A little goes a long way so you don't need much.

on 8/8/2014 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

If I could have only 1 hair product for the rest of my life, this would be it! For 8 years I've used this amazing creme on my long, fine, super thick/heavy, wavy hair, and I love it! I use it on slightly damp or dry hair, focusing on the middle and ends to give a little texture, shine, and a polished look. Tames flyaways perfectly. It has a thick consistency, is a bit oily (I stick with a pea size amount), but spreads nicely. Smells light and clean, not fruity. It works great for sleek looks, but also works for voluminous looks. It will go rancid if not used within about a year, which is good 'cause it's not loaded with chemical preservatives. I used to use it on my boyfriend's long, wavy hair - it was fried - but looked much better after using this.
I also style my mom's hair with it and she gets compliments on her hair all the time! She has short, wavy hair and I run a pea size dollop from mid-shaft to the ends, then just finger style, hairspray, and WOW! She looks great! This product makes her hair super shiny and healthy looking!
If I'm rushing out the door and have no time to do my hair, I just run a dollop of this through my hair first and look totally polished!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received samples of this product with an online purchase and used up all of my samples before deciding to purchase the full-sized tube. The first thing I noticed was the smell. I love the way this stuff smells! It has a slight olive oil kind of smell but it is fresh smelling. I don't usually like the smell of olive oil but the combination of that with the fresh smell makes it smell amazing! I have long, blonde hair that is somewhat fine in texture but I have a lot of hair so I am always looking for a product to help smooth frizz and make my hair shiny. A small amount (pea-sized drop) is enough to treat my entire head! I put a small amount in my hands and rub them together, then apply to clean, wet/damp hair, concentrating at the ends. Once I work it through, I use the slight residue closer to my scalp to help control fly aways. Make sure you don't apply this to your roots because it will definitely make your hair look greasy if you aren't careful where you put it! This cream makes my hair super soft and shiny, and doesn't weigh it down. It helps keep my hair smooth all day long and smells great. At first I didn't know if I wanted to spend the money for the big bottle but after getting a bunch of uses out of the sample size I knew that it would last a long time and would be cost effective over the long run since I wouldn't have to keep buying more like I do with some less expensive products. I recommend this to anyone who wants their hair to shine and feel silky smooth all day!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Cool

So I had been meaning to go back to Moroccan Oil but tried a knock off and the oil-type products really do nothing for my hair at all, so I bought into the hype with the FF Glossing Cream and it delivers! It's like mayonnaise for hair! A little goes a long way. I use it to tame frizz at the crown and at the ends where I have an ombre blonde (very long hair). The think that I love about this product is that the smoothing effect lasts. I tried their highlight enhancer cream which smells like pink grapefruit (and the scent lasts!) however the smoothing effects are not as pronounced (much less greasy-feeling, would be great for someone whose hair is weighted down easily by styling products).
Bottom line: if you have thick or dry hair that tangles easily this product is a godsend! Will definitely buy again but the price is steep!

Popular Styling Products