Frederic Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Creme

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great product for adding shine to a finished style. I use just a pea size amount and warm it up in my palms and run it through the midlengths and ends but avoiding the roots. I then take whatever is left on my hands and smooth it over the top. It adds just the right amount of sheen that looks natural not like a dumped a pound of silicone on my head. If you use the right amount, it doesn't look greasy or oily just healthy. It also does a great job of taming flyaways and static. However, it's not great for frizz so it works better in the cooler months. I live in Florida and in the hot and humid weather, a product like Glossing that has moisturizers in it isn't suitable so when the hot weather comes, my tube gets packed away until November. But I do use this religiously when during the fall and winter and I really like the way it makes my hair behave. I've used it for years and it's one of my favorite product. I definitely recommend it. I also really like the way it smells. Like apples and lemons.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Best styling cream ever. Holy grail product. A little goes a long way. I have thick, wavy, frizzy hair that is so hard to manage. After or before blow drying I apply on my bangs and on my ends and the style lasts almost a week! Will buy once I run out. Permanent addition to my hair product closet for sure.

Meh. Not impressed.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am so glad I finally bought this glossing creme after years of contemplating it. My hair is chemically straightened and colored/highlighted. It is thick, dry, coarse and for the past few years since I turned 30 my hair has looked dull. I felt like my hair had zero shine, and I was using HE moisturizing shampoos and conditioners, coconut oil, Moroccan oil.. Everything and nothing seemed to be helping. For the last few weeks I have been using Fekkais Shea conditioner and this glossing creme and my hair is so much softer and shinier.. I can't believe it. I didn't know my hair could look this healthy again. I think most of my results are from this glossing creme. I apply it after the shower onto wet hair and let air dry, and then flat iron my hair in the morning and it's soft and shiny. I will definitely be buying many more tubes of this product . Try it!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This makes my hair so smooth and luxurious. I'm very frugal but when it comes to high quality products I do splurge. It has a beautiful smell and lasts all day.

i sometimes get a dull look and i just put a little of this gloss and then i have all this shine without a greasy feeling

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've bought this several times, usually in the travel size but I also have a 4 ounce tube in my bathroom. My hair is highlighted, so it's two or three shades of blonde, and I live in a sunny climate. It gets dry.

I kept a travel size of this in my glove compartment for a few months and used it only on my ends when I happened to notice that my hair looked fried in the rear view mirror. I went through the whole tube, and then replaced it immediately after tossing the empty one. Good to have on standby.

If I have frizzies or flyaways, a little of this will make them smooth and glossy. You have to learn how much to use by trial. If you overdo it, it can look greasy. So start sparingly and then add more if you need it.

I do prefer Bumble & Bumble's Brilliantine to this, but Fekkai is relatively cheap and easy to find at the drugstore. When I am on a trip and suddenly need a travel-sized glossing cream, this is available at most pharmacies, including CVS.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have fine blond hair that's on the dry side from coloring. I just used a small amount and it made my hair flat over the course of the day. I'm looking for volume at the crown so this didn't work for me. Using bed head "after party" now which works perfectly.

I used to use this religiously. I have a lot of flyaways and this creme was the best at taming them. I stopped using this when the formula seemed to get oiler?! Not sure if it was my imagination.

At one point I was in love with this product....I even bought three tubes so I can have one everywhere I needed.

I mostly liked it for its smell to be honest.
In terms of being useful for the hair, I can't say it does much.
It's very easy to go overboard with the application. Once you do that, your freshly washed hair looks greasy.

(Also it leaves hands covered with tiny sparkles after application.)

Now my latest experience has been extremely disappointing, I went to grab one of my bottles, squeezed some product into my hand rubbed my hands together and noticed a horrible smell! I don't know if the product went bad but it smelled like very strong stale plasticky chemicals!
It smells so bad that I don't want to use it in my hair. It's too bad to waste such an expensive product especially since I have half a tube left.
I'm also scared to open my other two tubes.
I have never had this happen with a hair product before, especially after only a few months of use. .... What a waste.

Overall I wouldn't suggest buying this product.
It only coats hair with no benefit for damaged locks, making it greasy faster then other oils or leave-in conditioners.
And
It apparently has a tendency of smelling funky after a short period of use. Gross.

EDIT - 3/6/2015

I made an effort to contact this company and would like to share my letter and experience..

Your original letter towards the end was a little aggressive... here's the revised version. good luck.

Dear Fekkai,

I am very fond of Fekkai and have purchased many items from the brand, unfortunately my recent experience has not been the best with one particular product.
I purchased a tube of the Brilliant glossing cream and enjoyed it so much I purchased two additional tubes for personal inventory, shortly after I noticed an awful smell that had started to develop. Now being half way done with one tube it smells completely of stale oil and chemical making it unbearable to use. In Fact the smell is so strong that it only lasts on the hair until the next wash.
My primary draw to this product was the scent. It seems as though there may have been a quality issue with this batch perhaps.
Since purchasing the other two tubes I cannot use them due to the unbearable scent.

It is unfortunate that for such a reputable brand, I had the misfortune of encountering less than satisfactory experience with this particular product.

Sincerely, Me

Turns out they have no customer service (which is a little hard to believe considering the size of the company)
I had to "live chat" with someone on the website who was absolutely no help, all i was told that I was going to be mailed and envelop to put the tube into and have it examined by someone with in 3-4 weeks.
as a matter of fact he suggested to mail out all three tubes, when asked what the steps will be after I mail the items out (that i paid for) the "rep" was not able to tell me.
Will i get the items back? Will i be charged for this process, and shipping? How long will the process take? ...no answer.
when asked to get the contact of a manger or a directer in the department i was told this was not available.
I find it strange that a company that spends so much on advertising, product design, etc, doesn't have a helpful customer service department... and considering the amount the charge this is unacceptable.

Popular Styling Products