July 31, 2014 | 1849 users online

Styling Products - Frederic Fekkai - Brilliant Glossing Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by yesilikepinacoladas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I had been meaning to go back to Moroccan Oil but tried a knock off and the oil-type products really do nothing for my hair at all, so I bought into the hype with the FF Glossing Cream and it delivers! It's like mayonnaise for hair! A little goes a long way. I use it to tame frizz at the crown and at the ends where I have an ombre blonde (very long hair). The think that I love about this product is that the smoothing effect lasts. I tried their highlight enhancer cream which smells like pink grapefruit (and the scent lasts!) however the smoothing effects are not as pronounced (much less greasy-feeling, would be great for someone whose hair is weighted down easily by styling products).
Bottom line: if you have thick or dry hair that tangles easily this product is a godsend! Will definitely buy again but the price is steep!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This cream may be mighty hell expensive, BUT it really does what it's supposed to do - it makes hair shiny and glossy, yet manageable and luxuriously soft and touchable. It doesn't leave my hair greasy or hardened and it really gives off a lustrous sheen. Also, a little already goes a long way so it makes a good investment. This one's worth it. Thumbs up!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Bclancy

I actually rate this product 2.5 instead of 2, because it's not that bad. Just supremely underwhelming. I don't understand all the hype around this product. As a finishing product it adds shine like it says it will, but is very easy to overdo and end up looking greasy. It's very silicone-ey and leaves my fingers slippery. Alterna Caviar CC Cream adds shine(when used on dry hair as a finishing product) but also makes my hair softer and my ends look healthier. Fekkai just gives a slick shine that in my opinion isn't very natural looking. Bumble and Bumble Grooming Creme when used as a finishing product is less greasy and adds a bit of definition to my ends as well as shine. Bumble and Bumble Brilliantine adds a sexy tousled texture to my hair. You get the picture. There's a litany of other products that accomplish pretty much the same thing but do a much better job. And products that do more than this product does to improve the overall look and feel of my hair. None of the above products are cheap, but then again neither is Fekkai Glossing Cream. For the money I'd choose any of these over Fekkai any day.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by haggak

this product does not live up to the hype. makes my hair greasy. I don't get why it won awards. it's junk.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with a lot of people with the fact that this product feels like it just sits on top of your hair instead of doing anything. For it being relatively expensive (retails for about $20 in stores and online, but a little cheaper on Amazon & eBay), I wouldn't seek it out again and try to repurchase.

However, here are the benefits that it did help my hair with- it made my hair look more manageable, tamed my frizz (not by leaps and bounds, just a little), made my hair look more shiny, and feel more soft. Although my hair doesn't look more soft, it feels softer.
I'm not quite sure if someone has mentioned this before, but this product CONTAINS SHIMMER/GLITTER. I don't know if that actually helps contribute to the "glossing" effect, but if that is a turn off for some people, I wouldn't recommend this product, though I don't think you can see it on your hair (at least mine). You can definitely see it on your fingers/palm after you finish applying it to your hair though.

I apply this to my hair when it's damp after I take a shower. I noticed that when I use this, I can't skip a day of washing my hair because the day after I use this, my hair feels INCREDIBLY greasy. I can't stand it and I have to tie it up. On the day of, my hair feels fine. The scent isn't overpowering and smells somewhat floral like a shampoo or conditioner would smell. It's not something a scent that sticks with me all day. I haven't tried this on dry hair yet, but a friend said that she uses it after she curls her hair because it makes her curls feel softer. I think it's a matter of what kind of hair type you have. She raves about this product and she has thin hair but she has a lot of hair. I have thick hair and I have a lot of hair.

If someone were to ask me if they should try this, I would say to skip out on it. I'll use up the bottle (which isn't hard because it's only four ounces) but I won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by bebikayz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Don't find this very hydrating and see little result.. I find that it sits on top of the hair and doesn't seem to actually hydrate it. This product basically gives you the same result if you had put regular lotion in your hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

To be honest, I don't really get the hype over this product.
Don't get me wrong it's a nice product, but it's no miracle worker and there's a lot of cheaper alternatives out there.

I personally think that hair oils works so much better.
They doesn't just sit on the outside of your hair making it LOOK healthy, but they almost shrink into the hair MAKING it more healthy.. At least that's just how I feel.

Whenever I use this product, I need quite a lot of product. Bare in mind that I have long and thick hair. It looks good for the first hour or so, but then it just kinda fades away and my hair turns back dry looking. If I use an oil on my hair, it lasts the whole day!

I have also noticed that this product works best, whenever my hair is straight. When my hair is natural/wavy-ish it's not that noticible.

- Overall I feel like this would work best on thinner hairtypes. Especially straight hair.
I will use it up and I don't exactly regret buying it, but I will not buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I absolutely love this stuff. I got a travel size on sale at CVS for $4 a month ago and I was thrilled because I had wanted to try this for awhile at that point. I'd heard from a friend it was very heavy and that's true. I have thick, wavy hair and for me, a little dab is all I need. More than that and my hair starts looking greasy and lank. Used right, the cream gives my hair incredible softness, bounce, light curl and shine. I can brush through my hair very easily with this product in it and the "good hair" lasts 2 days and I wash my hair on the 3rd. This stuff can build up a bit so it's a good idea to have a good clarifying shampoo on hand. I would definitely buy a full-sized bottle when I finish my travel size!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All this did was impart a nice shine to my already straight hair. What it did not do was stop frizzies/flyaways unless shoveled on and then I was left with flat hair.

I didn't like the smell very much nor did I like the weird waxy/waterproof feel on my hands when done. I'm glad I only bought the sample size and I still feel ripped off.

Smell is so so but I do like this

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by EvvieBarrios

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This made my hair really soft and left it looking very healthy and shiny. I do love this! I was using waaaay to much, I was used to my old stuff that I used more of. A small amount goes a long away, literally a pea size is perfect for my short hair. My hair is shiny and super soft. I even bought the travel size for a friend because I knew she would love it to.