LORAC PRO Palette

4.5

on 3/29/2015 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am an outlier. LORAC pro isn't my favorite or most used palette. It just doesn't excite me like some of my others. Yes the quality is there. Yes the colors are pretty. But I have others that I just feel fit my skin tone and eye color better. I'll keep it and power through but I won't repurchase.

on 3/28/2015 2:11:00 AM

I love this even more than all my urban decay palettes. The entire top row of colors are matte and I reach for them all the time. The lower shades are just as pigmented and easy smooth to blend. Its my go to palette and it produces the easiest most natural blended eye looks. I hesitated at first to buy this even as it got years of hype because I have all the Urban Decay Naked ones. I get the most compliments on my eyes when I use the Lorac Pro palette. I would buy again in a heartbeat and I recommend 100%!

on 3/28/2015 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used and loved LORAC shadows in the past, but this palette is horrible. This is probably my most hated makeup item. I am tempted to toss it in the trash. The colors look beautiful and are extremely pigmented, but they are so powdery that they are unworkable. Even the smallest tap with a brush leaves a powdery mess and the colors blend together as a horrible muddy mess. Every color I try makes me look like I got punched in the eye or have some type of eye infection. The light shimmers are too glittery and frosty and look tacky.

If you want an easy, natural subtle look, this palette is not for you. The only thing I liked about the palette was the primer.

on 3/16/2015 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this palette and use it every day. I was searching for a palette that contained wearable neutral shades, as well as shimmery/colorful shades. I think this palette is a combination of both. The price point is definitely on the expensive side, but it is worth every penny. The shadows are very buttery, pigmented, and easy to apply/blend. The packaging is very slim so it is perfect for travel. I think this would be great for anyone that is just getting started on playing with different eye shadow looks.

on 3/15/2015 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What is there not to love about this palette? I have had the Naked 1 and 2 since their release and have tried to love eyeshadows but it didn't happen. If like me, you're a neutral lover who doesn't venture out beyond browns and bronzes hues in the lids.. You need this palette in your life. I never thought I would like a palette so much! Every single colour will be used as opposed to some colour in the Nakeds, leaving others untouched.

I only have one gripe with this product and it is the packaging. It does attract finger prints and glitter. Besides that I appreciate it being minimal, slim and sophisticated. The mirror is decent in size.
That aside, the product is phenomenal. The eyeshades are crazy pigmented. Each colour comes off as seen in the pan. Some brushes may pick up extra product so tap off the excess to avoid fallout when blending.

On my NC20-25 Asian skin tone, Gold does not seem to agree. However when Gold and Taupe are mixed.. A strikingly beautiful copper is created. Similarly when Gold is mixed with Lt. Bronze.. rose gold is born! I love these combos as all over the lid colours.
Slate, Deep Purple and Garnet make for wonderful quick smokey eyes.
Taupe, Mauve, Sable and Espresso are fantastic as transition shades. Extra mention for Mauve - simply stunning.
White is this creamy White.. Nothing stark as I have seen in other palettes. All over base colour to the brow bone? Works wonderfully.
Cream and Lt. Pink are mostly used to buff out eyeshadow! But they can be used over the lid also.

Buy this palette! Hailing from Australia.. I thought long and hard about this palette.. Because there is simply so much on the market. But hunting this down was worth it. Before being able to get my hands on this.. I purchased Too Face's Chocolate and Semi Sweet.. They're nice but do not compare. Why settle for nice when there's extraordinary?

I don't need any other palette in my life.

on 3/11/2015 1:15:00 PM

The primer is not the best. But the colors and pigmentation are amazing totally worth . Go smoothly on the lid and super easy to blend it . Honestly my favorite palette ♡

on 2/25/2015 3:30:00 AM

Before I purchased this, I have done some research on which eyeshadow palette I should buy. After watch a lot of reviews from youtube and read some blogs, I decided to buy it.

Bought it from Ulta online for $42. I was so excited when the package arrived. The package is thin, light, has a magnet on it so we can close it easily.

I love this palette because it has half matte and half shimmer. You can do "no makeup" look, everyday makeup, natural makeup, glam makeup, basically you can do any makeup look you want using this palette.

Besides having lovely shades, what I do love about this palette is the pigmentation. The dark colors are so pigmented and buttery, you just have to use very tiny amount and it will show off on your eyelid and will last all day. But I face some fallout on light colors such as nude, champagne, bronze. I don't mind at all because I use that light colors mainly for inner corner or on waterline only.

on 2/15/2015 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was more excited to purchase this palette than any of my other palettes, and I'm sorry to say I'm incredibly disappointed.

*Price: Ridiculous, if you live in Canada, where we cannot purchase this anywhere for less than $70, even on Amazon. I was lucky enough to spot this on Glambot, completely unused and brand new, for $40.
*Packaging: I love the packaging for how sleek and thin it is, making it easy to take with you. But we all know the deal with the matte black - it gets filthy almost immediately.
*Product: I don't think I've ever experienced so much fallout in my entire life. I had read some reviews warning me of this and I didn't take it seriously. Why would I? It was such a hyped product, every YouTube MUA was using it, everyone and their momma had this. But I really should've listened.
*Positives: Other than my gripes with the fallout, the colours are really nice. I like to use this for more glam looks. The Light Bronze shadow looks beautiful applied wet all over my lid because it looks almost exactly like my skin colour but with an intense shimmer, so I just look radiant and glowing. The black shadow is the blackest black I've ever had, and doesn't look faded and grey when I blend it into the outer V.
*Negatives: The lighter colours are a little... I don't know, chalky? Patchy? And I already mentioned the amount of fallout.

In the end, I'll continue to use this palette because it really does have lovely shades. I can deal with the fallout, I guess. I won't repurchase and I'm glad I didn't pay full price!

on 2/5/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

There have been so many wonderful comments about this palette and I will second all of them. Just can't believe it has taken me so long to get my hands on one of these. Every single time I would go into Ulta looking for this palette they were sold out. So after a while I gave up, until I finally decided to call ahead and have it held for me when they received the next shipment. So glad that I did because when I arrived at the store the shelf was bare, but my lovely palette was waiting for me behind the counter. Love it!!!! I have used this everyday since I purchased it. The versatility is incredible. Love love love!!!!!

on 2/4/2015 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The palette is beautiful having half of the colors be matte and half of the colors shimmer. The texture of the shawdows are smooth & buterry consistency, making it easy to blend. A perfect palette for every day looks or a night out in the town. Travel size appropriate with a mirror.

Popular Palettes