October 25, 2014 | 1171 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by bymysoultosqueeze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like it, I never really owned anything high end (and this IS high end for me) except small UD pallete and I really love this one. Use it every day, the colors are beautiful and a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by HannahLDR99

This is a great everyday staple begginer's pallete. The colors are beautiful and have a decent pay off.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by skygazer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised that this palette isn't getting a lot more love!

I've the Naked 3 palette, but actually prefer this over the Naked 3. In terms of color variety, this palette actually has lovely mid tone shades like bronze, gold, garnet (hello, lovely!) and slate, with almost double the number of matte shades compared to any of the Naked palettes.

My only gripes are: yes, the packaging is a fingerprint magnet and doesn't feel as durable as Urban Decay's tin boxes. Yes, the white shadow on top left corner is actually shimmery and not matte. And yes, I wish the lighter shades (pink and champagne) were actually dark enough to show up as actual colors instead of all looking like cream shadows on anyone except the palest gals out there.

But really, all these do NOT stop me from enjoying these shadows- good color variety, high pigmentation, buttery feel, long-lasting especially with the primer on. Will I repurchase? Yes please!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by vannii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the colors in this palette! It consists of a lot of matte colors which I like! The color pay off is amazing! And it stays put all day. I have really oily skin and I don't even have to use a primer on my eyelids, it stays put all day anyway. I like the packaging, it's thin and smaller than my naked-palettes so I think it's a great go to palette for when you travel. However, the price is a bit to steep for my taste. I wish it was a bit cheaper. Though I'll probably end up buying it again, if and when, I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by coffeedogsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this pallete bascially everyday. I love all the shades, they are all very wearable for my skintone. (NC10/15 dark brunette hair, hazel eyes)

I've never experienced any negitive blendability issues that some of the other reviewers commented on. These shadows blend beautifully for me with very little fallout (except for Nude and Champagne.. I get some fallout with those but it's not terrible)
Other palettes do not compare in versatility of shades and the buttery consistancy of the shadows. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by drsweety1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If by some tragic twist of fate I could only use one eyeshadow palette for the rest of my life, the Lorac Pro would be my choice hands down. Lorac eyeshadow are my gold standard when it comes to formulation. They are buttery, pigmented, blendeable perfection. Every time I use this palette I forget how pigmented the shades are and I end up with too much product on my brush just by tapping it in the pan once. Yes, they're that good

As for the shade selection, the top row is all matte and the bottom row contains frosts, metallics, and shimmers. This allows for endless combinations. Sure, they aren't the most exciting colors in the world but they are all extremely wearable. You can use the lights for a day-to-day look or incorporate some of the darker colors for more dramatic looks. Personally, I think taupe+sable+espresso+black is the perfect combination for a classic smokey eye.

Even though this is my favorite palette, I do have to mention a few cons. After all, nothing is perfect. While the packaging is very sleek and lightweight, the cardboard allows for a lot of smudging to show. Not a big deal, but it is kind of annoying. And even though the shadows are amazing, there is one weak link: champagne. There is virtually no difference between champagne and nude except for the fact that champagne is a glittery mess. However, I can overlook this because the rest of the shadows are perfection.

Overall, I'd say the Lorac Pro Palette is a must have. Holy grail. Desert island. To die for. Buy it. Like now.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by bebokaur

The palette is over hyped. I really wanted to try lorac pro palette 1, but I had to pay a ridiculous price! It isn't all that, but I will say the shadows are so soft and blendable if you have the right brush, the application will be better.. The compact gets very dirty and its very easy for the inside palette to get dirty too. I had a hard time finding this in the uk, one seller online sent me a fake lorac 2 @ I had to return it, so for those who live in uk be careful wher u buy this from. Its a huge disappointment lorac is not in the uk. It should be selling in places like debhanams or house of fraser! However I don't think il buy this again as the prices are ridiculous everywhere and not easy to find in uk. I kind of like the palette but I definitely would not buy again as you can easily get neutral colours from other brands. I really wanted to see what all the hype was about. Out of the palette I like garnet, nude and mauve. This is sooo over hyped on yt too! There basically just simple nude colours, I prefer the balm nude tude palette, too faced chocolate palette and urban decay 1 palette much more then the lorac 1 palette.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by gracieemarie

I bought this palette because I loved the colors and the mixture of matte and shimmer shades. The color choices all seemed wearable and I had previously seen many good reviews. However, the shadows are very difficult to work with and blend. The lighter matte shades disappear upon application and blending is almost impossible. Some of the shimmer shades have a lot of fallout and some product is wasted during application. It took me various tries to get some use out of this palette and overall I was not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Megsl21

I like this product mostly because of it's matte shadows. They are all so beautiful all match really well together. Out of the shimmery shadows I like garnet. I think garnet is a one of a kind shadow that you won't see in any other palettes. However I wish the shimmery shadows were a bit more pigmented and all the shadows could be a bit more creamy. I think you would like this palette if you like warm tones and if you like the naked one you will like this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by AnastaciaViolet83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The BEST eyeshadow palette! Love this! The packaging is great. It's sleek, black with a magnetic close and easy to take when traveling. The shadows are amazing. They have excellent pigmentation, don't flake and are super buttery. The colors themselves are a mix of warm/cool shade. There are 16 shadows, 8 matte and 8 shimmer/satiny. A perfect go to palette and well worth the money. It is a little on the higher price (around $50 USD) I can see the price being a put off as well as availability. I can easily get this at ULTA, but if you're not near an ULTA or Sephora it can be tricky. I also hear that this isn't readily available to people outside of North America. This is a shame and Lorac should make this more easily available because I have heard the complaints of many saying they want this and can't get it in their country. Online isn't always a good option for those because sometimes people can get ripped off by purchasing a bogus knock off (happens with MAC all the time). Lorac is a great high end brand and perhaps makes the best eyeshadows out there. Everyone should have the option of enjoying this great product.