September 18, 2014 | 936 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by gracieemarie

I bought this palette because I loved the colors and the mixture of matte and shimmer shades. The color choices all seemed wearable and I had previously seen many good reviews. However, the shadows are very difficult to work with and blend. The lighter matte shades disappear upon application and blending is almost impossible. Some of the shimmer shades have a lot of fallout and some product is wasted during application. It took me various tries to get some use out of this palette and overall I was not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Megsl21

I like this product mostly because of it's matte shadows. They are all so beautiful all match really well together. Out of the shimmery shadows I like garnet. I think garnet is a one of a kind shadow that you won't see in any other palettes. However I wish the shimmery shadows were a bit more pigmented and all the shadows could be a bit more creamy. I think you would like this palette if you like warm tones and if you like the naked one you will like this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by AnastaciaViolet83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The BEST eyeshadow palette! Love this! The packaging is great. It's sleek, black with a magnetic close and easy to take when traveling. The shadows are amazing. They have excellent pigmentation, don't flake and are super buttery. The colors themselves are a mix of warm/cool shade. There are 16 shadows, 8 matte and 8 shimmer/satiny. A perfect go to palette and well worth the money. It is a little on the higher price (around $50 USD) I can see the price being a put off as well as availability. I can easily get this at ULTA, but if you're not near an ULTA or Sephora it can be tricky. I also hear that this isn't readily available to people outside of North America. This is a shame and Lorac should make this more easily available because I have heard the complaints of many saying they want this and can't get it in their country. Online isn't always a good option for those because sometimes people can get ripped off by purchasing a bogus knock off (happens with MAC all the time). Lorac is a great high end brand and perhaps makes the best eyeshadows out there. Everyone should have the option of enjoying this great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

I have to disagree with most of the reviewers and ask "What's all the hype?"
This was terrible! Whilst the colours are very pretty, there is very little pigment to them and I struggled to make them show up. They all kind of muddled together. I tried several different primers but still go the same result. There's also a lot of fall out with some of the colours.
I even gave this to a makeup artist friend to play with and she didn't like it either.
I have Revlon eye shadows that have better pigment than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by EmilyCollins

So Iíve been lusting after this palette for a while now, but due to my geographical position on the earth (England). I have been unable to get my hands on it. UntilÖ my best friend recently went over to the states to visit some family and with her she took a rather long shopping list of things to buy me :) One of those things was this beauty!

Now that I am the proud owner of a Lorac Pro Palette, I can say that it is all I ever dreamed it would be! (am I being slightly over dramatic?) The shadows are so lovely and creamy in consistency and the fact that there are eight shimmer and eight matte shades means that this palette is really all you need with regards to neutral palettes. The shades combine perfectly to create a variety of daytime and smokey evening looks.

Iíll give a brief description of each of the shades:

Mattes

White- is as you would expect a slightly off white, not too chalky as some can be.

Cream- a lovely light pink/beige shade, that works perfectly as an eyeshadow base or a highlight on your brow bone or cupids bow, if you want a natural pop of light rather than a metallic shimmer that some highlighters can give

Taupe- more brown/beige than purple, as I would expect taupe to be, but a lovely colour none the less. I love to use this colour as a base for a smokey brown eye or just a light contour. It reminds me a bit of UD Buck, if you wanted a comparison.

Light Pink- is a lovely pale rose colour.

Mauve- is a peachy/ purple light mauve.

Sable- is a lovely rich red brick brown colour.

Espresso- is a dark, deep, brown shade with a red undertone.

Black- is black, really good pigmentation, doesnít come out grey until really blended out.

Shimmer

Nude- is a pretty rose champagne colour, with subtle shimmer.

Champagne- is more shimmery that nude and has less pink in it.

Gold- is a shimmery copper.

Lt. Bronze- is a lighter pinky bronze, with subtle shimmer

Pewter- is a dark burgundy plum/chocolate colour.

Garnet- is a deep reddish copper, a teeny bit orange for my skin (NC15), but I think it would look lovely on a darker completion.

Deep Purple- is a really dark purple. A really lovely alternative to black if you donít want to look to dark.

Slate- is a deep subtle shimmery gunmetal silver.

All in all I think the Lorac Pro Neutral Palette is amazing, definitely going to get a lot of use out of this one.

Review was copied from my Blog http://timetoblogbeauty.wordpress.com

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally! A neutral palette that has a great combination of 8 shimmer and 8 matte shades! I was sold!! I use this palette often, almost every day for work and evenings out, the colours are pigmented, blends well, and complement my skin tone (NC50), unlike the Naked palettes from Urban Decay I was pleasantly surprised. I think the pros on the Lorac palette are pigmentation, quality and texture. I was hesitant to buy it because I had the Naked 1, 2 and Naked 3 palettes from Urban Decay, read the raving reviews on them, and they didnít work for me, too shimmery, not enough matte shades, and didnít do much for my skin tone. However, the Lorac pro palette colors are buttery, no fall out, no creasing, no need to apply a million times to achieve a rich color. It's incredibly versatile as well with its range of colors in both matte and shimmer. This palette raises the bar for quality in a way I've never experienced in a neutral palette. Great value for the money!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by alwayshine14

Run down of all colours: I swatched each one on my hand and described them:

mattes:
white - pigmented, blendable, very white, slightly chalky. I have very fair skin so I can use it as a brow bone highlight if i blend it well.
cream - not as pigmented as white, not chalky, subtle and blendable.
taupe - one of my favourites, I looove brown eye shadows and this one is perfect as an every day crease colour, so blendable.
lt. pink - very very brightening, a bit chalky tho, blendable (noticing the trend?)
mauve - another favourite, a purple-brown, buildable, blendable.
sable - great for the lower lash line and the outer v/darker crease. very pigmented, blendable, buildable.
espresso - very pigmented, deep dark brown, fallout, when using, tap off brush before applying to eye.
black - pigmented, deep black.

shimmery/satins:
nude - probably my favourite of the bottom row, gorgeous, blendable, buildable, champagne colour.
champagne - very similar to nude, except nude is more shimmery and champagne is almost glittery, but very fine glitter. not an everyday colour but still pretty.
gold - stunning, incredibly pigmented gold eye shadow, blendable, buildable.
lt. bronze - very pretty light golden bronze, blendable, buildable.
pewter - stunning, grey-brown with a pretty sheen. little bit of fallout, buildable, blendable.
garnet - satiny red/brown/gold beautiful shade, blendable, buildable.
deep purple - dark, intense, satin finish deep deep deep purple, blendable, buildable.
slate - gorgeous, cool greyish blue, blendable, buildable, beautiful.

I am really enjoying this palette, the packaging is very nice, compact and sleek. It has a good sized mirror, but i took away a lippie because it gets dirty very easily (like Nars packaging but not as bad) also I feel like it could be crushed in a suitcase whilst travelling.

It costs 42$ at Ulta, its a good value considering the quality and compared to Guerlain, Dior, Chanel (designer brands) who charge more
for less product. The shadows are very nice quality, even tho several of them have fallout it doesn't make a mess of your face if you tap off the excess on the side of the palette. Use a light hand and you can create many many beautiful looks, ranging from natural to very dramatic. On the bottom of the palette you can scan a little barcode to find tutorials on line.

Strongly recommend this palette, and can't wait to try out the Pro 2 next time I'm in the USA.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Cassak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Oh my god I can't get over this pallet! I have lots of eyeshadows and this pallet trumps even my urban decay naked pallets! Lovely choice of colors, simple but elegant. Must have

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Mattes
White is a creamy white. A bit too white
Cream is a very pale pinky beige. Amazing highlight without the shimmer.
Taupe is a great deep beige-brown similar to Buck from Naked. The perfect natural contour color.
Lt. Pink is a very pale pink that instantly brightens the eyes.
Mauve is a subtle mauve.
Sable is a reddish brown.
Espresso is a deep dark brown.
Black is a true black.

Shimmers
Nude is a frosty pale pink similar to Sin from Naked.
Champagne is a sparkly pale beige pink (also) similar to Sin from Naked.
Gold is a shimmery copper.
Lt. Bronze is a medium pinky bronze. Love this color.
Pewter is a dark plum chocolate much like Hustle from Naked
Garnet is a deep reddish copper.
Deep Purple is a super deep purple. Almost looks black with a beautiful purple shimmer.
Slate is a deep shimmery gunmetal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a great deal on this ($20.00 off, a small tube of primer and free shipping) that I couldn't pass up. The other reviews have already said it all regarding the pigmentation etc. and I already had the Pocket Pro and the Skinny so I pretty much knew what to expect in that area. What I didn't expect is just how much I like this palette compared to the UD Naked 1 palette which I love. I actually may like this one a tad better simply because of the mattes which, with the exception of the pink one, don't come off chalky or muddy when blended out on me (NW45) Lots of people have said if you have Naked 1 you really don't 'need' the Pro, however I think it's a nice complement to the N1. If I ever lost this I would purchase it again IF I could get the same deal.