November 26, 2014 | 1881 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 8:26:00 AM More reviews by OliviaWalter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect palette! If you are the kind of person who just wants one 'does it all' eyeshadow palette, this is the one for you!!!! It has every colour you could need and what I especially love is that there is an equal balance between mattes and shimmers! The quality is amazing and the packaging is sleek. The price I think is very reasonable considering the quality of the product, it's my holy grail I love it!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by angelrenae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I bought this palette for around $35 on eBay and after doing a lot of research I'm positive that it is genuine. Even at a discounted $35 compared to $42, it's still a bit steep imo because I'm cheap lol. So obviously I tried so hard to love this palette, but it's just not happening. I really don't understand all the hype! Trust me, if you want pigmentation this is NOT the way to go. They seemed to swatch well but somehow it doesn't transfer on the eyes, even with UDPP. After buying this, I still prefer my inexpensive matte Wet n Wild shadows. Maybe I'm just hard to please, but I do not think this is worth the money when you can get such cheaper alternatives. I didn't experience much fallout like others have with the matte shades, but the shimmers are a whole different story. They barely show up on my lids compared to Urban Decay, and once I finish applying, my under eye area somewhat resembles a disco ball. They almost blend too well (is that even a thing?!) and the colors almost look like they morphed into one shade after you blend. It seems like every look i could come up with out of 16 shades ended up looking basically the same. I've tried just about every different type of brush, primer, and method of application thinking I was screwing up somehow. Apparently this is just not for me. :( I've heard plenty of people talk about the "sleek/thin" packaging, but I can't help it, it just feels cheaply made for the price. This is definitely on my Things I Regret Buying List.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by fecktopia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lots of great things about this palette but a few personal criticisms. There was so much kick up at first I was afraid I received a fake, but it's just that the pigments aren't as tightly pressed as other brands like UD. My brushes pick up more than I need so just tap it off before applying. The first few looks were muddy and awful until I realised softly is the way. Pick up, tap, pat on lids, blend out. Repeat until look achieved. I'm not hugely in to neutrals but everyone should have them. This palette is appealing to me as it offers a great range of colours that work well together. It's just missing some edgier shades for it to be my daily go to. I'm not finding that I can create a huge diversity of looks with just this one. The shades in pro 2 or mega pro look like they can create more. That said though the most amazing, and I mean game-changing AMAZING thing about the pro is the blendability. I have hundreds of shadows from so many brands and nothing blends as well as these. A soft fluffy blending brush does it quickly and cleanly, and my first few failed looks were probably so muddy because I am used to having to work much harder for that result. For 42 bucks from Amazon, this is a steal considering the quality of the shadows and how long they will last given you don't need much product. I'm not usually a matte fan but I use them more now with the pro. Unfortunately lt pink and mauve which are my favourite mattes seem a bit chalkier than the others. Likewise lt bronze and pewter seem less pigmented than the other shimmer shades. Interestingly these 4 shadows are the middle square of the palette and I wonder if that is just coincidence or a fault in mine. The champagne shimmer is going much quicker than the others, closely followed by slate. I use one of these in most looks created with the pro or with other palettes too. But really all the shades are quite versatile and even if you are like me and don't often do neutral, browny looks they are super handy to have on hand. Longevity is pretty excellent on its own bit colours and wear time are improved with the use of lorac behind the scenes primer, which is a star product in its own right. If you are considering purchasing this, do give the lorac palettes consideration as the quality and usability is in a class of its own, but might take a bit of practise or experimenting if you are not use to such pigmented, smooth shadows. Pro 1 seems geared at warm tones and 2 more cool, but unlike the UD nakeds I think the shades are more interchangeable. I'm a warm leaning neutral and think I prefer 2, so do some research and try them out. You won't regret it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I finally succumbed to the LORAC Pro Palette, and while I think this a great mix of neutrals, it's not the end all be all of eye shadow combos. I like that this is an equal split of matte and shimmer shades. I tend to go for the matte shades more as I find shimmers tend to migrate more which I hate! The colors are rich and very pigmented, and are a nice selection of soft and bold colors. I'd recommend this alone on the fact that you get many great colors, with excellent lasting power and non-transfer qualities. This palette is WAY better than any of Urban Decay's Naked palettes, which are over-hyped and over-priced in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by fesherton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Top quality shadows. I think the colors in this palette are all beautiful and very well chosen. Excellent that there is a row of matte and a row of shimmer. So, the combination of the colors and the finishes gives you countless options for looks. Again, the quality is simply amazing.

If I had to choose just one palette, it would most likely be this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have pined after this for a few years, but it's not available in Australia, so when I found it on Amazon with shipping to Australia for $42 (plus shipping) I couldn't resist. It's so beautiful, a little goes a long way, the shadows are buttery and not chalky. They're easy to blend and I love that there are 50% matte shades. The shimmer shades are lovely they're wearable shimmers, not glittery in your face ones that are apparent in other popular palettes. The shades work together wonderfully so no matter your make up skill level you could use this no worries. The bonus eye shadow primer is great too, my shadow stayed fresh looking until it was time to remove it at bedtime. Side note if you buy off Amazon- their packaging for postage is poor I've heard many reports of broken palettes bring received. Mine was okay, but just so you know.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by sahbear95

Loving this palette so much! So many beautiful neutral shades, to make so many different eye looks with, perfect for travelling if you don't want to take multiple eyeshadows with you. I was drawn to this palette because of the even distribution of matte and shimmery eyeshadows within the palette, I wish more palettes had more matte shadows within them like this one. The versatility of this palette in my opinion makes it a must have within any collection regardless of the size. My only criticisms of this palette are the packaging which becomes dirty very easily, and eventually look scuffed and cheapening the palette, also the price available to Australian market is ridiculous in comparison to other markets, but regardless I am glad that I purchased this item, and is defiantly worth it. After this purchase I shall be attempting to get my little paws on the Lorac Pro Mega palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by bymysoultosqueeze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like it, I never really owned anything high end (and this IS high end for me) except small UD pallete and I really love this one. Use it every day, the colors are beautiful and a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by HannahLDR99

This is a great everyday staple begginer's pallete. The colors are beautiful and have a decent pay off.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by skygazer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised that this palette isn't getting a lot more love!

I've the Naked 3 palette, but actually prefer this over the Naked 3. In terms of color variety, this palette actually has lovely mid tone shades like bronze, gold, garnet (hello, lovely!) and slate, with almost double the number of matte shades compared to any of the Naked palettes.

My only gripes are: yes, the packaging is a fingerprint magnet and doesn't feel as durable as Urban Decay's tin boxes. Yes, the white shadow on top left corner is actually shimmery and not matte. And yes, I wish the lighter shades (pink and champagne) were actually dark enough to show up as actual colors instead of all looking like cream shadows on anyone except the palest gals out there.

But really, all these do NOT stop me from enjoying these shadows- good color variety, high pigmentation, buttery feel, long-lasting especially with the primer on. Will I repurchase? Yes please!