LORAC PRO Palette

4.5

on 7/25/2015 8:24:00 PM

I'm in the minority who doesn't really like this palette. For reference, im nc42 medium tan skin, black hair and black eyes. Pros- 1. the eyeshadow quality is awesome. shadows are very pigmented, great colour payoff, blend easily. 2. the slim packaging is great for travel/ storage 3. i like that there are 12 shades, even though they're only 1gram each. Cons- 1. the shade range does nothing for me. Colours like champagne look way too stark on my skintone. I hate slate shades and the deep purple colour ends up looking black. Also im not a fan of light pink shades for my lid. I wish there were more yellow toned lighter shades. 2. the outside packaging gets dirty sooo easily. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging but after using this for a while it just looks so dirty.

on 7/21/2015 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This palette is truly amazing. Everything from the packaging to the colors to the price is just phenomenal. The colors in the palette can go a long way, and the texture is very velvety and smooth- it's almost like a cream! I love the fact that the palette itself is super thin and black, it looks incredibly professional- hence the name. I would recommend this to anyone, the colors are very easy to blend and are long wearing. In my opinion, Lorac shadows are better than Urban Decays! Highly recommend, you can't go wrong!

on 7/18/2015 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

although pricey, it's worth it! gorgeous colors! My favorite ones are espresso & gold. I always grab this instead of my pro2. cream & easy to blend. very pigmented so dab your brush, dnt swirl!

on 7/13/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Okay, I absolutely am in love with this palette! I am extremely picky when it comes to eyeshadows and eyeshadow palettes. I have tried the Urban Decay Basics palette and to be completely honest I did not particularly like it. I thought the colour pay off was quite crappy considering the price of the product ;( but this baby was definitely worth the money! I originally purchased this because a friend of mine was raving about how brilliant this product was, and after a bit of debating I thought it was time to splurge and try it out - I am sure glad I did! This is some of the most pigmented eyeshadows I have ever tried, to me it feels almost like a creamy consistency (for a powder eyeshadow keep in mind), and it does not flake or budge or crease at all which is what you would expect from a high-end product like this. I bought this over a year ago and I still haven't hit pan on any of the eyeshadows and I use this palette about 5 or 6 days a week consistently. Since it is very pigmented you do not have to use a lot of eyeshadow to get a prominent look. If you are a person with a heavy hand you may want to stray from this a little bit as this is for light handed people since it is so pigmented. You only need to slightly dab your eyeshadow brush into one of the eyeshadows to get enormous pay off. Definitely would recommend this :)

As for the eyeshadow primer that came with the palette: I would not repurchase that. I mean it was quite a lovely primer but not worth the price as there are much better primers for a lot cheaper. However, if you are looking for a higher end primer I would definitely check this one out. I have oily eyelids and this totally took the oil out of it and helped my eyeshadow and eyeliner stay in place all day - even through sports activities such as volleyball. I also only got a sample of the LORAC primer and it lasted for months! So it will not be used up very quickly. You only need a pea sized amount on your eyelids to get the job done.

on 7/3/2015 10:46:00 AM

I LOVE this palette. First of all, I love the formula of Lorac shadows, specifically from this palette. I love the velvety feel of them and the way they apply and blend so easily. I definitely prefer it over the formula of UD shadows, which I tend to have trouble with blending. My only gripe is that I tend to reach for the same few shades, but that is more of an issue with a lack of branching out to different eyeshadow looks. This palette can be bought for a lower price, specifically with an HSN (?) deal that makes it roughly around $20 or so. I recommend this for someone who is a beginner and is just branching out into mid-end products if they had been previously using drugstore, specifically because it is so easy to blend and create neutral looks with (if that's your thing). I wouldn't hesitate to buy this again if I miraculously used up all of it.

on 7/2/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've had this palette for a good three months so I've had enough chances to play with it. It's a versatile palette because in one small slim compact you can definetely create several looks, just a wash of colour on the lid, a summer bronzy look, a more classic smokey eye. So it's easily what I reach most during the week. Pewter is probably my favourite shade, with a good primer, it achieves the same performance of a high end shadow stick. There are some very interesting matte crease colours with enough pigment to complement a smokey eye and they're my favourite in the palette. I'm a bit less keen on the shimmers, as they tend to become less defined when the weather warms up and mix in an undefined brown bronze. I prefer to use the shimmers on their own, so that the colour stays true with a good primer. It's a good palette and I'm glad I've got it, but there's room for improvement.

on 7/2/2015 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This palette is the beginner's best friend. Yes, it is expensive (42$) but it has every nude you could ever need plus the amazing shimmers. Before it, I only had elf shadows which are good, they're pigmented and cheap and a great option for beginners but they don't really last, and if you think those are pigmented, the Lorac Pro will blow your mind. The packaging in super slim, you get a good amount of shadow in it (close to pan of the Latte shade:( ) and I use it for every look I ever do, it's that good.

In the end I'd say this: if you're looking for that ONE high end palette that has everything you need, if you're staring out or just want amazing matte shadows, this is it.

on 6/28/2015 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

What is there left to say about this palette? It's a great starter palette, it was the first higher end makeup item that I bought.

My favorite shadows (as a very pale, green eyed, dark blonde person) are pewter and garnet. The mattes are all great, but mauve may be my favorite.

on 6/27/2015 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I really struggle with my feelings on the LORAC Pro Palette. I really, really want to love it. It's got a wonderful array of neutral shades with a few pops of color thrown in for good measure. Taupe is the best for my crease. There's so many things I, in theory, should love about this palette.

But the truth is, I don't really love it. I like it so-so, but it's not a love. I can't say that I would never repurchase it because I'm technically on my second one, but it's a regret buy. I exchanged my first one on Reddit's /r/makeupexchange and I'll likely be doing it again with this one as well.

Here's the main problem: the colors just come out muddy within a few hours of wearing them. I've experimented with primers (LORAC, Too Faced, UD, NARS, etc.), MAC Paint Pots, etc. and the result is the same. I've mixed up how I blend: very little amounts, excessive amounts, the result comes out to be the same. Within hours, the color is one, large, taupe-y blah mess on me.

The colors are lovely and have decent pigmentation, but if they can't stay the colors I'm looking for, I don't necessarily know that it's worth me buying and using still. Even the darkest shades become dull and gray-colored after a few hours of wear.

It's a good work horse palette, though. The shades are great neutrals and it's solid for those with conservative work environments, but still able to play nice if you're looking for a night on the town or some fun with your looks.

Pros:

- Nice mix of mattes and satins
- Taupe is the most wonderful crease shade (for those on the lighter end of the skintone spectrum)
- Decent pigmentation
- Great for any kind of work environment

Cons:

- After few hours of wear, colors become muddied even with different primers/Paint Pots/bases, etc.

on 6/20/2015 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this palette .. I got it for my birthday ( a guilty pleasure fulfilled 😁👏) and I must say it's amazing , it's a beautiful everyday palette with matte's and shimmers .. The colors apply smoothly and blend nicely .. It also came with an eye primer .. It has nice crease colors and lid colors ranging from matte to shimmery to satin and metallic (gold) .. Overall a great value for the price , color payoff and quality of the palette itself .. Highly recommend it if you're in the market for a neutral palette that goes great with most skin tones .. And it's really versatile , I use it to fill in my eyebrows, as eyeliners , face highlight and just a basic wash of color on my lid when I'm not in the mood for eyeshadow and it also has great transitioning shades
.. And with the eyeprimer the shadows stay amazing and pigmented throughout the day 👏👏

Popular Palettes