April 20, 2014 | 933 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Mineralized Eyeshadow - Pretty & Prim

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by caithung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't understand these other reviews! I love this combo from Mac. It is probably the best eye shadow combo I have ever bought. I'm a total makeup addict and have purchased makeup from every conceivable brand and I have never found a product that works as perfectly for me.

It might be because I am a very warm toned brunette so the other reviewers weren't probably suited for the colors. I have used this product for photo shoots and whenever I wear it I consistently get compliments.

I have very dark eyes and I have dark hair so I think that if you do as well... you'd look amazing in it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by huntingjanuary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I wanted to find a good pink-toned eyeshadow and settled for MAC because they never disappoint me in the shadow department! I gave this a go overlooking the fact that I was never happy with their mineral products. I hated it. It didn't show up on my skin no matter how much I packed on. Maybe it's not right for my skin tone but it was just the worst pigmentation in the whole of God's green earth. Won't be running for my life to get this disappointing product. I've been really let down by MAC so many times recently that I've developed a bit of an aversion to them (save for their brushes).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe nobody wrote a review for this e/s yet. Or can I? Anyway, "Pretty & Prim" is from the permanent mineralized eyeshadow line and consists of two colors: one bright pink side and one slightly darker, brown side. That's how it appears in the pan, at least.
And here's why I'm torn: In the pan the brown-ish part of this eyeshadow really looks adorable: chocolate with a duochrome pink shimmer. The lighter side is a soft baby pink with shimmer. Would make a lovely combination, if colorfast. The pink side *is* is colorfast, the brown side isn’t. On the lid (I’m NC15, for reference) it turns out to be a very dark, warm pink that looks more on the reddish side than brown, really. Hard to describe. Now, for someone as pale as I am this is difficult to make work without looking like I bawled my eyes out the night before. I found that I can make it work with MAC’s “Sketch” e/s in the crease and on the lower waterline and that it sure does compliment my blue-green eyes. However, had I known that the color isn’t true, I would not have bought it. As for the pink side, it’s pretty, very natural, overall flattering and I combine it with MAC’s “Copperplate”. Any pink and “Copperplate” is my favorite combination, really ;) It wasn’t my luckiest purchase, as far as MAC is concerned and I will not buy again.