March 2, 2015 | 1066 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eye Studio Master Smoky Long-Wearing Shadow Pencil

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2015 8:11:00 PM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was such a let down. The color payoff was nice but everything else sucked. You can't really smudge this with the smudge tip because it just erases the color. Also it's not very long wearing either it smudges very easily on it's own. It's not a nice smudge either. You think you'll end up with sexy smokey bedroom eyes but it just looks like you fell in a pool and smudged your eyes everywhere.The only thing i like this for is using it as a base for dark eyeshadows. Good thing they were only a dollar at dollar tree. I would never buy this full price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2015 5:11:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in violet. It's a lot lighter than black which kind of gives me raccon eyes and doesn't look that great. It's pretty light (the violet), I don't always blend it.. but I do for a more natural look. I do kind of wish I got black, i think it would have been alot more intense. I like how the product glides on easily... the staying power is almost all day altough i do think it fades.. maybe a bit. Maybe my review would be better if i got a different color... but when i run out I'm not sure I'll go running for this exact eyeliner.. but who knows.. maybe I will?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 12:13:00 PM More reviews by LittleMary01

I got this at my local dollar tree yesterday,the shade I got it in is Emerald Fury and its like a grey green color,but I was hoping it would actually be more of a green emerald shade like the name.I have green eyes and emerald shades match them perfectly.Maybe the reason everyone is giving them bad reviews is because they have higher expectations about the color.But this is "Master Smoky" so it is darker because of a smoky eye I'm guessing.I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2015 7:26:00 PM More reviews by hburback1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually found this at dolar tree, so i decided to try it. I like it, it goes on smooth and blends good. I will buy this again

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by KisaNZ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this to try purely for the smudging tip. Absolute waste of money. I do a better job with my finger! The formula makes my eyelids and lashes feel like they're sticking together. Really crap sponge/smudger tip THING. I got a better result with my Jordana mechanical pencil liner which was... $3? If that.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by VeronicaHobbes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh. Nice consistency and decent color payoff, BUT it was already smudging and wearing off by the time I finished putting on my mascara. Completely unimpressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

I bought this as an every day eyeliner for work and school. I usually spoil myself and buy Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencils, but I want to find a good drugstore liner!

This is not it. The color goes on smoothly on my top lid. I don't line the bottom of my eyes for work or school. Just a simple line on the lid. It stays put. I've had no trouble smudging with the smudger. My main problem is the thickness of the liner itself. Sometimes I end up with a thicker line than I would like. Also, it somehow always ends up on the crease under my eyes after a long day. For the price, I would rebuy if it was a little thinner. Oh well. On to the next one! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

I got this product today so I'll let you know exactly what I think of it. As I've gone back to uni and no longer work full time - or at all, I decided to try some cheaper brands. This product is definitely inexpensive, I bought it from Chemist Warehouse for $8 Australian! I bought this in smoking charcoal which is a very dark grey colour and nicely pigmented. Lots of people are saying this product isn't creamy, but I think this product is definitely creamy enough! It glides on wonderfully. Now for the smudging - the cap on the smudger is dodgy, and the whole smudger came off when I pulled on it, which was easily fixed though. The smudger was fairly straight forward and simple to use. It was quite spongey and not hard at all like some people suggest - perhaps they have recently improved the product? Who knows. So it's towars the end of the day and I've noticed the product has come off a bit. This is probably due to a new cheap foundation I've bought which is quite oily without a powder - and I didn't prime or put powder on my eyelids so this is why. I had to reapply the product but I didn't mind. Overall I would buy again. Good product for beginners. Just carry it in your purse if you go out!

EDIT: Had this product for about a week and a half now. It's actually broken somehow. I opened it to find the actual product/crayon has crumpled apart. Idk. I think I bought a bad one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this in the color black smoke and I think it's a very nicely pigmented black liner. I don't really use the smudger on the bottom tip of the pencil because I can't pull off the smoky look, but I can say by swatching the liner and rubbing it with the tiny sponge it doesn't work. It erases and absorbs everything.
I really have issues with the thickness of the retractable liner pencil itself. It's SO thick and un-practical. It's also impossible to sharpen it once you've used the first couple of sharpened milimeters it has when you first buy it. This can't be used for lining my upper and lower waterlines so I can't really find any purpose for it at all. If you want to have Panda eyes looking liner, this is for you, but I really don't recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Tamarabara

I JUST GOT THIS YESTERDAY AND TRIED IT RIGHT AWAY...I GOT THE COLOR PURPLE AND IT SUCKS...ITS NOT PURPLE REALLY :( AND KINDA HARD TO GO ON AND YES THAT SMUDGER IS AN ERASER!