April 17, 2014 | 1925 users online

Moisturizers - Chanel - Le Blanc Whitening Moisturizing Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Have been using a deluxe sample of this for at least 2 months every night and I haven't seen any improvement on my freckles or other skin pigmentation. In fact I sort of give up on my freckles, but I'm quite disappointed for not seeing any improvement on my acne scar which normally will lighten when I use whitening products on it - probably this cream is just not potent enough or probably it's just me. My skin refuses to react to most whitening products these days.

As a moisturizer, I'd say it's quite nice but most likely not enough for someone like me with dry skin when it comes to the drier months. It still provide adequate moisture during the summer when I sleep in an air-conditioned room every night. Glad to find out that this is an improved formula from the old line, which doesn't give me a face of shiny oil when I wake up like the older version (White Essentiel if I'm not mistaken).

For the texture, I don't quite understand why they call it a cream. When compared to my Hydramax+ Active Cream, this is more like a gel cream. When blended on the face, it actually becomes more gel-like and obviously, it's relatively much easier to spread out evenly on my face.

This is also scented, quite heavily I'd say as I can smell it after putting on the cream on my face. Nothing too bothering for me as I prefer scented night cream for a relaxed feeling. I don't know how to describe the floral scent but probably lotus? This has the same scent as the other products in the range.

Although I don't own the retail size product, I'm not a big fan for the tub packaging for hygiene reasons. It will be better if it comes in a tube like the samples they give out.

Price is really expensive considering it doesn't moisturize my skin as well as my old Hydramax+ Active Cream and not seeing any whitening effect. This is also why I rated this 3 lippies only. I won't be purchasing the full size product and will move on to the new Hydra Beauty line when I'm done with my old Hydramax+ Active cream.