September 30, 2014 | 1389 users online

Polishes - OPI - Every Month Is Oktoberfest

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Nosage

I bought this online recently based on the reviews here and the swatches available online. It is a great colour. Flattering against my fair/cool skin tone. The colour on the nail does not look the same as in the bottle, which is a good thing as I would not have bought it based on what I saw in the bottle. A sophisticated dark shade. A great purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by lynn7551

A must-have OPI shade! It is so vampy and sexy. One of my favorite fall and winter colors and it is a dream to apply. It is one of those colors that I catch myself staring at when it is on my nails. I love how it looks in the sun, so stunning!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous color and above average formula. I skipped a base coat so I am not sure if this will stain but most colors don't stain on me except for medium blues and certain reds.

I found the formula very easy to work with. I only needed two coats for the color to look perfect. Dried at a decent speed and with no bubbles which happens to me with certain formulas from Essie. I didn't care for the OPI brush since I prefer Zoya's brush. I also find OPI to have a strong scent to their paint but I am comparing the smell to Zoya which has very little of a smell.

I have been pretty rough with my nails the last few days and only had one very tiny chip but that was my fault not the polish.

This color is so gorgeous and I am enjoying it very much! I think I will wear it again once it is time to repaint. I can't believe this has been sitting in my collection and never been tried?! If I ever ran out of this polish I know I would buy it again in a heartbeat!

I also plan to look for similar colors like this from Zoya.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have both this polish and "German-icure" from the same OPI Germany collection. I mention this because in the bottle, they look EXTREMELY similar. On the nails, they're similar, but have very different character. This is a dark, shimmery, wine-purple colour. The shimmer, which is a lighter wine-purple, is definitely noticeable, but moderate. I do actually consider this polish to be wine red, rather than purple, but it's really just a matter of perspective, I think. I admit, I have a long love affair with wine red nail polishes of all kinds, especially ones that tend toward purple. (Also, just for comparison, German-icure is a medium-deep red with a rusty brown edge and a strong, slightly gold shimmer, and it's a little lighter than Every Month is Oktoberfest.)

This polish applies nicely, is opaque in two coats, and has the OPI Pro-Wide brush. Definitely recommend wearing a base coat (really, you should always use a base coat, anyway), because I suspect the pigmentation in this would stain nails without it. With a decent top coat, it will last several days, generally speaking. Good OPI quality and a lovely, deep, vampy colour with nice depth and shimmer.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by ivanamandias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Every Month is Oktoberfest is a great colour for those who want to dabble in the dark side of nail polish colours, but don't want to rush into a flat and pure black! In the many years I've been painting my nails, I never owned black nail polish until I turned 16. The last colour I used before getting my lacquered hands on a black polish was this one! From afar, it may seem to be too dark and daring, but admire it from close up and you'll see the true beauty of the colour. I love how it's a vampy shade, yet it has some glimmer in it; that instantly glams it up. It applies very smooth and fluid, the brush coats on the nail polish evenly, and not excessively. The price is kinda heart breaking though, but for it's quality and one-of-a-kind colour, I would definitely repurchase this. It's a must have for the days you want to vamp things up without coming off emo-teenager phase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Picon08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

A perfect vampy, glowly nail polish for Fall/Winter seasons. It has a dark, inky purple base with burgundy shimmery pigment. It goes on like a dream and I only needed two thin coats. The Pro-wide brush is annoying as I have a strong c-curve but it goes on so beautifully I normally don’t need to ‘clean up’ at all. You need this if you love vampy nail polishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by scrapstitcher

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A beautiful deep burgundy plum that looks like a dark creme in certain light. In brighter light, you can see the gorgeous shimmery micro glitter in it. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by flissy666

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fab, vampy autumnal colour. Has a gorgeous deep sheen with hints of purple and gold. Hard-wearing - last me a week with minimal tip-wear.

I rated it as 3 in terms of price. ALL polish is expensive in the UK, including crappy drug store brands (typically £3/$5 a bottle), so at £7 off eBay, this represents good value to me.

Excellent quality and I would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This polish is a beautiful blue-based purple with pink/red shimmer. It is VERY dark and the true color and shimmer show up best in strong sunlight. Indoors, or if you aren't closely examining it, it is similar to other vampy purples. It is a beautiful color and application was flawless with opacity in two coats.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by naticarmen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the ugliest nail polish that I have from OPI. It is much too blue-based for me. I will not use it again.