November 27, 2014 | 927 users online

Hair Color - Schwarzkopf - Perfect Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by candyintheeyes

i m using 2-0 black brown. its like mousse n non dripping compared with liese bubble. pleasant scent. i agreed with one of the reviewer that it hurts my scalp because i have a little bump on my scalp. it burns. aftr half an hour, the bubbles have gone missing n dries up. i have the mousse left on my arm n it leaves stain on my skin. hopefully it will fade tomorrow. i hope it comes out to the colour that i want, darker shade n a healthier n better hair texture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Kayraven

I've used this twice in brown and red, mixing them together to create a custom shade I know works for me. I LOVE this stuff! It's SO easy to use, fast and convenient.

This is incredibly easy to apply, just like a shampoo or a tint. The mousse is thick, not runny and coats the hair well. There is also A LOT of product so I need just one bottle for my very long hair (my hair is below my waist). It takes 30 minutes to sit on your hair and you have an even shade in the outcome. Washes out easily, without staining the bathroom. The conditioner inside is decently packaged so there is more than enough, i've tried it once but no more since there are silicones which i don't favor. The color is always even usually around the color on the box. Leaves the hair VERY glossy and shiny. Has staying power like any professional dye (I used L'Oreal Majirel previously).

HOWEVER if you are trying mixology to create a custom shade (like i do) make sure it's 1:1 (35 ml dye, 35 ml liquid) otherwise you might end up with a lighter (if less dye) or darker (if more dye) shade within the same 30 minutes. Make sure you don't leave it on for longer if you don't want a deeper shade!

PROS
- Very easy to use
- Good shade selection
- Cheap
- Convenient packaging
- More than enough product
- Great value for money
CONS
- May dry out your hair if you leave the mousse for too long
- The outcome may differ from what is on the box

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this to try and blend over-bleached home streaks. The colour is good, but has left my roots ridiculously greasy. It's never greasy. I can't work it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by xSunshiinex

Ive used this product many times in the following shades: Black, Bordeaux Red, Dark Brown, and Chocolate Brown. Every time I use this dye, no matter what the color, I get really good results.

PACKAGING&INSTRUCTIONS:
The packaging is simple, but effective. The boxes are purple and white which go really well together and look nice. The instructions are very easy to understand and clear. They are also set out neatly and in a way that you don't miss anything important. They also contain diagrams for extra help.

APPLICATION:
The dye is so easy to apply! The mousse formula is as simple as putting shampoo on your hair, and the mousse comes in an easy pump dispenser. The dye isnt runny, and it covers your hair easily and without much trouble. Theres a LOT of dye in the dispenser, I had enough to cover my whole head completely, and enough leftover to probably colour somebody elses, and my hair is medium length. It was easy to cover my whole head without help and without missing any patches.

WASHING OUT:
The mousse washes out just like shampoo, so you dont get covered in dye whilst in the shower. The dye comes with a really nice conditioner to put on your hair- it has a really pleasant fruity smell, and there was enough for more than one application in the small tube.

RESULT:
I always get really great results with this hair dye- I've used it in Black, Brown and Red, and with the exception of the red dye which just changed streaks of my hair red, the other dyes turned out exactly as the colour is portrayed on the box. My hair is never badly damaged and it always looks really glossy. The colour lasts a few weeks before it gradually starts to fade out.

Overall:
PROS
- Really easy to apply
- Awesome smelling conditioner
- Really nice shades to choose from
- Decently priced
- Handy pump dispenser
- Turns out very close to the shade on the box
- Lots of dye in the dispenser

CONS
- Fades into a dull colour after a few weeks
- Can sometimes be irritating on your scalp

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by xxRho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used the colour Pearl Blonde and it did not turn my hair blonde at all which was rather dissapointing because my virgin hair was dirty blonde so it was between medium and dark blonde according to the package. Okay I know that hair which is lightened/bleached has to go to orange first but the product clearly showed a blonde colour as the result for 3 differect types of hair colour (I was a combination) so I expected maybe a slight amount of ginger but not for most of my hair to be ginger - atleast it isn't the really unnatural looking ginger that you can get from bleaching but I wanted blonde not ginger.
On the bright side it was ridiculously easy to apply.

Pros
-easy to apply
-lots of product
-conditioner included was really good
-cheap

Cons
-didn't come out anywhere near the colour it was supposed to
-it made my hair feel weirdly elastic/soft when wet (I expected some damage but ugh, my hair isn't fried it just feels weird when wet)
-my head still hurts a bit and it has been 5 days since I dyed it (my patch test didn't hurt so maybe it isn't the dye?)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Nice tender smell
- Easy to use (but you must use it all at once) just spray it, massage it in and wait for half an hour
- Plenty of product

Cons:
- Poor grey coverage, barely any
- Light burning sensation on scalp
- If you need to do your roots only, you won't be able to use just a half or third of a bottle without additional bottles and measuring bowls (because original product bottles are not transparent)

Verdict - not for me, I need small amount of haircolor just to cover my grey patches, which is impossible with this one. But if you want to dye your hair and do it easy, try it.