Urban Decay Smoke Out eye pencil

2.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Polymethyl Methacrylate, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch, Distarch Phosphate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Silica, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Methylparaben, Citric Acid May Contain: Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens)

contains citric acid.

on 1/1/2011 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Green Goddess - Intense Green
Maui Wowie -Khaki
Purple Haze - Intense Purple

Urban Decay says to try them wet, but that is actually the only way I could get these to work. They were messy and a serious p.i.t.a. to work with, hence why they are now discontinued.

They were all matte and had a smudging sponge on the other end of the liner.

on 9/22/2010 2:58:00 PM

I recently got this through hautelook.com for only $6.00 each. I got Maui Wowie, Purple Haze, and Maritime. What everyone else said is true......USE WITH WATER! Dip it in water, and the pencil glides on my eyelids. Use it dry, and it'll either crumble, or drag your eyelids. It's a good pencil, but takes a little effort to get it right. But for $6.00 for Urban Decay, I think it's a pretty good deal.

on 7/14/2010 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I agree that this is no 24/7 liner, but it isn't meant to be! And if anyone is using this without primer, I'm fairly certain that's what the problem is, because you need a matte, non-oily surface and someone else said.

And those complaining about price (I got mine super cheap so I'm not in that category) you DO know UD takes returns for any reason, don't you??? Return it, end of story. *Shrug*.

on 6/4/2010 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

You MUST wet the tip before applying! I understand why everyone says it's impossibly dry and unusable, but it's a completely different story when you give it a little moisture and use it as a normal eyeliner instead of a smoky eye look. The sponge at the other end is pretty useless. I like the powdery finish on this as an eyeliner!

on 5/28/2010 1:35:00 AM

I was really disappointed in this product. You have to press extremely hard to get any color. Completely unwearable.

on 5/19/2010 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is the most horrible thing invented. Dry, have to literally force it on my eyes. Complete fail, very dissapointed in UD, this needs to be discontinued.

When I first bought this pencil, it worked great. It applied onto my eyelid and water line very smoothly, and it was easy to take off, yet hard to smudge. After a few weeks of use, the pencil got pretty dry. It wasn't working very well, and I had to press harder to get the same results I had before. Then one day, the tip just broke off on me, and it crumbled all over the place, including my face. I sharpened it, and since it has been working like new, but I`m not sure if it will break on me again :S
I don't know if anyone else had the same problem, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

on 2/1/2010 7:14:00 PM

I bought this eyeliner a while ago, and i found it absolutely HORRIBLE.
As i was attempting to put it on, I had to go through a whole wetting-sharpening regime to find out that there was a plastic FILM on top of the actual liner.
It's incredibly hard to get on! And for its price and the regular status of Urban Decay liners, I felt incredibly disappointed. For a company with such great makeup, I didn't understand why this product was so crappy.

on 10/10/2009 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

If one is to use this dry,I can understand it getting horrible reviews.I tried it dry at first and was disgusted,ready to throw it in the garbage.I read in the reviews about wetting it, and things changed dramatically.This is basically like an eye shadow in pencil form; wetting it gives a much better application.I have it in Maui Wowie and will stock up soon,as UD told me it was headed 'towards product purgatory'. A shame,as MW is an incredible khaki color and stays on like no tomorrow.It is also matte,which is a plus;I love the 24/7's but the glitter is murder on my contact lenses.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products