August 20, 2014 | 1092 users online

Sunscreen - SkinMedica - Daily Physical Defense SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by LoveRed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Favorite sunscreen! I have been using it for a two years, daily. It does not cause breakouts, make my skin look white nor does it feel greasy or heavy on my skin. Love that it absorbs quickly, my skin looks healthy and glowing with it on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is not a good sunscreen. Titanium Dioxide doesnt protect across the full UV spectrum. Zinc Oxide in a higher % would have been sufficient. This stuff is cosmetically elegant enough but is full of skin-clogging, zit-making garbage, with a whiff of green tea extract to make you think its good for you.

Titanium Dioxide 7.3%, Zinc Oxide 3.4%. Aluminum Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Camellia Olefiera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cyclopentasilxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Stearic Acid, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone, Water/Aqua/Eau.

Along with the Sensitive Skin Cleanser by SkinMedica, this left my skin a mess of bumps and whiteheads.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by galexy15

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this because my usual Environmental Defense sunscreen SPF 30 was discontinued. I thought this one would be quite similar, but it gave me 3 painful cysts after only 3 days. It goes on lighter than the EDS, but doesn't control oil as well, and I found doesn't wash off easily--even on my hands I had to wash with soap twice and it still left a film. For my face I always use Bioderma remover, and follow with my clarisonic and cleanser--I would have thought that would be enough to get it all off.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Karin1539

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this as it has been my go-to sunscreen for several years now. I started using Skinmedica products after I had their Vitalize peels a while back. This sunscreen is physical which I strongly prefer to chemical ones. I swear when I was using chemical sunscreens my hyperpigmentation INCREASED. This products works with my skin, never causes breakouts or enlarged pores and I love it. I have purchased many times and will continue to do so many more.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Seajewel

It's creamy rather than liquidy, and it dries down to a matte finish. I don't need powder at all, which is a plus; however, I do find this sunscreen somewhat whitening. It is not as bad as, say, LRP Anthelios XL fluide, which is very whitening and also never dries completely on my face, despite copious amounts of powder.
I do like the finish and that it's all physical. So far no breakouts, but I will update if I do get any. I prefer the finish of Skinceuticals Physical Fusion (a great foundation alternative for my NC20 skin, but it does require powder to cut down on shine), or Replenix sheer Physical spray (which goes on shiny but dries down matte and is not whitening). However, those two did not do well on my skin, the Replenix in particular causing the worst breakouts of my life, which are still healing weeks later.
I just do not like the whitening effect but it is tolerable, and otherwise it seems like a good physical sunscreen. Maybe if I layered some bronzer or something on top--but I really like being able to slap on sunscreen and leave the house. I do that with this one anyways, I just look a little dead in the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by thankful1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

About six months ago I received a few samples of this and really liked them but decided to stick with my tried and true MAC Face Protect Prep & Prime spf50 because my very sensitive skin can be really finicky. Now that MAC has completely reformulated it, and I needed a new primer/sunscreen to wear under my makeup, I ordered the full size and have really been liking it. It's an all-physical sunscreen without any of the typical comedogenic or irritating ingredients (see list above) commonly found in many sunscreen products. It is keeping my oily skin matte and comfortable while also providing a good base for my foundation. I have some oily breakthrough after about 4 hrs but that's normal for my skin, and longer then most other primers and sunscreens I've used. I've haven't had any problems with irritation or acne at all but if this changes I'll update this review.
9/21/2013 - I'm still loving this. Keeps me matte but is not drying, no breakouts, plays well with my foundation too.
8/22/2013 - This is my HG sunscreen. I strayed a while back and used Glycolix Elite spf 30 and ended up with horrible cystic breakouts. I went back to the SkinMedica and my skin is acne-free once again. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

Just starting a category for this new SkinMedica product for a MUA friend. Please see ingredients listed above for more product information.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No