November 23, 2014 | 1495 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Rebel Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by hamina

Love this lipstick, it's a satin finish so it looks much darker in the tube but you can totes sheer it out or put it on twice and have a beautiful deep magenta finish. God it's so incredibly pigmented and not drying at all! I can wear it in different scenarios, it's everchanging every time I wear it. Truly a stunning colour worth your buck! (I'm from Aus, we don't have WNW dupe readily available and the shipping and stuff online is far too much of a hassle!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Gerosee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Rebel isn't exactly a color that I reach for but I have worn it and yes there is a dupe which is wet n wild sugar plum fairy and when on your lips you can't tell the difference, I will forever and always have a soft spot for Mac lipsticks just everything about them always appeals to me and they do no wrong but if you don't really want to spend $15 I'd say go with the wet n wild who'd know the difference

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by dobravka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first ever lipstick that I finished, and I have absolutely no doubt that I will keep repurchasing it. This colour is so universal, it really works with any complexion. It's actually more of a deep fuchsia than purple, but you can definitely add up more layers for a more vampy look. My favourite part it leaves a beautiful berry-pink stain, which stays on even the day after a night out! Just a beautiful colour, perfct if you want to make a statement without being over-the-top

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by nainz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

First of all it's not as dark as it looks on the websites which is a good thing. Its a really beautiful plummy purple. Of course with more layers it can be made darker. Looks great on my olive/indian skin tone. I'm not a fan of the lustre finish but the finish is great for this particular lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

I've wanted this since last fall but held off until this September. For reference, I'm NC30 with black hair. The first time I tried it on, it was brighter than I envisioned. It's described as a "midtonal cream plum" and is a satin finish which I'm not used to (I prefer amplified) and comes in the standard MAC packaging of 0.10oz for $18 CAD. It's opaque in one swipe and is not for the faint of heart. It's brighter than what it looks like in the tube. After a couple of wears, I have mastered the perfect method to all day wear. First, I use my ring finger to dab a bit on to create a base (or if I have a few extra minutes, I'll use OCC lip liner in hoochie), then apply the lipstick from the tube, blot, apply another layer, then apply blistex lip medex (tube version) with a lip brush to the center of my lips (chronic dry lips syndrome) and finally Buxom lip cream in kir royale to achieve that glossy sheen. The wear time is ridiculous, it'll last a full eight hour work day without feathering. Also, it becomes a beautiful stain which I use Bioderma to remove it at the end of the day. I've received multiple compliments with this combination. I understand why it's a cult favourite. This is HG status for me, will repurchase when I run out which should be soon since I'll be rocking it into winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by jPettersenn

I love this lipstick so so much! It looks great with my tan skin tone, and i can imagine this will look good on anyone.
It doesn't dry my lips at all, and it lasts for a good 8 to 9 hours on me. When i use MACs lip primer, it lasts even longer.
If I had to say one negative thing about Rebel, it would be that the lips definitely gets stained, and it can be a hassle to get off, but I don't really mind at all. I will without a doubt buy this product again, its worth the money!
This is the perfect berry-colored lipstick for fall (although I'll be using it all year!), its not too dark but not too bright either. This is the only Satin lipstick from MAC I own, since i prefer the matte/retro matte ones, but I am so in love with both the texture and the finish!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by blair_77_1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Purchased this for my Mom as she wanted a color like this for fall & loves MAC. Color no where near as bold as it looks & goes on lighter which in her case is good.She likes the way this is opaque with one swipe. As with any lipstick make sure your use a moisturizer 1st on your lips. This color is an exact dupe for WNW Sugar Plum except WNW is a matte as I swatched both side by side. If you have Victoria Secret Lavish matter lipstick that also is a dupe.It really is a gorgeous color,not for me but is great for her especially for $16 when there so many dupes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by sahbear95

Perfect berry colour! I now understand why everybody is so in love with this lipstick, it's clearly the most perfect colour for autumn and fall seasons, but I know I will be wearing it all year round. Love the colour and satin finish. Doesn't move around on the lips and has a great longevity.

Does however slightly stain the lips because of the beautiful intense colour, waterproof makeup remover takes that right off, so really no down side to this product, I'm sure that I will be using up many of these in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has been my daily lipstick since the start of September! On me its a purple with a hint of pink stain. It lasts seven hours on me with eating and drinking. My lips feel kind of dry by the end of the night but it nothing too bad! Overall 109% recommend for fall and winter statement lip.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by WChea

Gorgeous color. It looks very similar to that of it in the tube. It definitely leans on the purple side. Its a very strong color. I was extremely intimidated and when I tried it on straight from the tube, I nearly fell out of my seat. Plus it was a bit hard to apply. But when I used it with a lip brush with a light hand I liked the lipstick. It would look gorgeous on a lot of girls and I can definitely see this as a night on the town look. It is very sexy and pops out. I didn't walk out of the store with it but I am still thinking about whether I want it.