Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Pudding

3.4

on 4/4/2014 5:10:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

OMG I love this stuff. My hair is coarse and doesnt hold curls or waves easily but this product gives me the best waves ever! Perfect beachy waves which look so good. I have tried john frieda frizz ease mousse but the waves come out messy-looking and crunchy.

on 3/11/2014 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have super straight, super thin, baby fine hair. My hair will NOT hold a curl. Curling iron curls go straight in 30 seconds.

I receieved a decent size sample of this, and had some free time, so I decided to give it a try. After a shower, I applied it to damp hair, and sectioned my hair into a few small buns. I let me hair air dry while I did my makeup and made dinner.

Moment of truth: I pulled out the mini hair buns, and OMG CURLZZ! Like super pretty soft natural curls. I ran my fingers through them, did a bit of fluffing, and a tiny bit of hair spray. The curls stayed ALL night, something that has never happened for me, ever! Went to bed, and woke up the next morning, and still had some partial curl left. I purchased the full size that next day.

It is not something I would use daily, but it is fun for nights out, or a special occassion. I wouldn't say it made my hair crunchy, but you could feel product in my hair.

on 11/20/2013 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love that this is a cream pudding vs. a jelly (i.e. Kinky Curly). About a quarter sized glop in dripping wet hair, topped off with a few sprays of Deva Set it Free (or not, it's actually got some good hold on its own), twirl-scrunch-diffuse. I happen to love the scent, but it's a true rose so it's not for everyone. There's a lot of shine to this stuff, but it can get fuzzy in high humidity. 3a/Botticelli just below collarbone, very fine but enough for several people.

on 9/22/2013 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Having incredibly dry and highly processed long curls, I thought that this hair pudding would be the answer to my prayers. Not so. It dried my hair out and gave it the texture of pine straw. Added to that, the smell is old lady- think tea rose and formaldehyde. Ick. Making it even worse is that it comes in a tub, so you have to stick your fingers in it to get the product out (I -hate- tubs for any sort of goo or liquidy product!). This got returned and I am back to my Bumble and bumble curl conscious!

on 5/24/2013 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff! I apply this to my hair in sections. A little goes a long way! It does an amazing job at defining my 3c curls, no frizz, it does not weigh my hair down or leave it sticky or tacky! I took away a lippie for the price bc I have a lot of hair (think Tracee Ellis Ross, Diana Ross daughter) and I only used this a few times and it is half way gone! So I bought an alternative for 3rd, 4th day curls..despite the price..I love it so much, I have to buy it again!

on 4/8/2013 10:42:00 AM

I had a sample of this. I have not been impressed by any of this company's products, so I wouldn't shell out money for any of them again. I have curly hair that I wear straight but didn't really have time to blow it out yesterday evening so I gave this a try. It made my hair crunchy and dirty looking and it was hard to brush.

on 1/28/2013 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I am transitioning to natural and I am currently rocking twist outs/plait outs/braid outs/ and bantu knot outs. I needed a styler to help minimize frizz, give moisture and provide definition and hold. This stuff does all three! While it is expensive, a little goes a long way, so this jar will last me a while. I don't care for the smell but the product performs very well for the above mentioned hair styles. I had to remove a lippie (and insist on not buying it again) only because it is not 100% natural and it has a silicone. If you don't mind cones, then this is a really good product.

on 9/7/2012 2:53:00 PM

I have naturally curly hair andI have used CD's Hair Milk in the bottle for many years.

This new product was touted as better than the Hair Milk in the reviews I read. NOT SO! I find it more drying than the regular hair milk and really doesn't do much to define curl as the label claims. At $22 it is not worth the price and I will not be purchasing this again.

Very Disappointing! Should you decide to try it, get a sample first before buying it as it only comes in one size unlike hair milk which offers a travel size and a larger bottle.

Popular Styling Products