MAC Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

4.4

on 3/9/2015 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I am Afro Am, brown skin, dark brown eyes. I LOVE this lipstick. It's perfect for a classic day look, or i can add a gloss to jazz it up at night. Gorgeous.

on 3/5/2015 11:48:00 AM

This is definitely going into my HG of red lipsticks. It was my first time wearing lipstick and I wanted a red one for that classic look. I bought one from Sephora prior to this with the help of the SA there but it turned out really terrible against my skin tone and made me look really scary. After that, I figured MAC was going to be a safer choice and a couple of friends recommended MAC as well. Back then I did not know much about their famous Ruby Woo or Russian Red.

I went to the MAC counter and asked for help picking out a red one citing long wear and non-drying as my requirements. At that time, the matte trend had just taken off and I tried the Archie one which I really loved but realized later on that it was too drying on my lips. So the SA suggested I tried MAC Red from the Satin collection. She swatched it for me and even tested it on my lips and I was instantly won over and got it there and then.

I've been using it since for the past 1.5 years and it's my go-to whenever I want a red lipstick. It really is quite long-lasting, stays on really well and rather pigmented. It's quite creamy and easy to wear, normally a coat or two would suffice, any more and it may be too intense. Just touch up after when needed. There's still quite a substantial amount even after meals and doesn't stain.

on 1/29/2015 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Mac Red is gorgeous!!! It's my FAVOURITE red of all time EVER! On me it's a classic true blue-toned red. The satin finish is my favourite mac finish. I love that they are completely opaque and look matte without feeling matte. Mac Red lasts about 8 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a beautiful pinkish red stain behind. I love this lipstick so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

on 7/28/2014 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Perfect! Way better than matte lipsticks.... It's the red every girl should have! You can use it during the whole day, depending on the rest of your make up!

on 5/11/2014 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I prefer the matte lipsticks from Mac but sometimes I do feel like reaching for this one. I would not wear this in the day time because I prefer it as an evening look, being satin and red, so its nice for coffee/drinks at night, very sleek and sophisticated. Its lasting power depends on what you are doing. If you plan on having dinner which involves meats, sauces and grease forget it, there wont be any mac red left on your lips.

on 4/9/2014 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a pink based red and you can tell it has a pink base on my lips. I love that it's a little brighter than the classic reds. The other real red lipsticks (not glosses or sheer lipstick) I have are MAC Russian Red, Maybelline Red Revival, and Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Maraschino Cherry. This looks way different and I love it. The only thing I took 1 lippie off for was that my lips kind feel tight when I wear it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

We always hear so much about other reds, like Ruby Woo, Russian Red, etc. You don't hear alot about this beauty. This a beautiful,vivid shade of red that goes on smooth, feels good and looks good on my NW 43. I bought this and also bought Russian Red and Ruby Woo. I was too busy trying to rock those two, and forgot about the Mac Red, which in my opinion is prettier than the Ruby Woo and the Russian Red. Will buy again when it runs out.

on 1/31/2014 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a satin blue red lipstick. It is just the right amount of brightness but not too neon of a red. I just have to say this lipstick is my FAVORITE RED of all time. It is the perfect creaminess, it stays for ages and doesn't feather too badly. It is not drying at all, like Russian red or ruby woo- which cling to every line and patch on my lips. This lipstick smooths my lips and makes them look perfected! I love the look it gives my lips. It smells like a normal mac lipstick, the typical vanilla scent (which I love). This is my perfect red lip and I will purchase this as long as it is being sold!!

on 1/18/2014 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this color! I got this around late December because I wanted a nice red lipstick for Christmas time. I really did not want a matte lipstick because they have a reputation of bring drying but I wanted staying power. I thought mac's satin formula would be perfect and it is! I sometimes apply a thin layer of lip balm before I apply this but it would be fine if I didn't. This is the classic Marilyn Monroe type red lipstick. The only think is you need a lip liner for this because it can start to look sloppy if you don't use one. I'm aware that many people use mac's cherry liner with this but I don't think lip liner is something worth splurging on. I use jordana's easyliner retractable pencil for lips in Sedona red with this and it matches perfectly and does exactly what I need it to do. It's like $1.99 at Walgreens. Packaging is lovely, classic Mac black and functional. This lipstick looks lovely with mac's bare study on the lid, any brown crease shade and black winged eyeliner(:

My absolute favorite red from MAC. I walked in MAC one day to restock on must haves and this awesome sales girl tested it on me and I fell in love. My husband hates makeup and I mean hates it despite my obsession but when I have MAC Red on he's all compliments.

Recommended for Medium Skin