September 21, 2014 | 1811 users online

Polishes - Lancome - Vernis In Love Noir Caviar

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Laurendall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a freebie at work, but I have googled prices etc and seems like OPI and Essie give you more polish for a smaller price. The colour is great - its almost black, and unusually it has no shimmer in it. I quite like the flatness just for a change. The formula was good - completely opaque with no streaks in 2 coats. It dried super fast.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by sizza911

This is an almost black color, nothing spectacular. I was looking for a black polish to wear with an outfit and this fit the bill. If I hadn't needed another $12 to add to my order from Lancome to qualify for free shipping (save $7) and qualify for the free 4 piece sample,I would never have shelled out $15 for such a small amount of polish. OPI and China Glaze both have nice black polishes and run .5 oz. This Vernis In Love bottle is only .21 oz. So, twice the price for half the polish. Wear so far is good, on par with OPI. It has a nice patent leather like shine even without a topcoat. It gives decent coverage in one coat, but because it it so dark, two is better to make sure there aren't any light streaks. My biggest complaint is that the little bottle is made long and thin which makes it top heavy. I almost tipped it over a few times swiping the brush across the top to remove the excess, so beware!