October 23, 2014 | 1368 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Shield Lolly Popstar

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had great luck with a few shades from the WnW Mega Shield line, so I thought I'd go ahead and try this pretty bright pink. Unfortunately, I had to return it. While it actually looked very nice with my skin tone (NC20), the OTT frost finish made it unwearable for me. I just felt I couldn't pull it off. Wish they would make this shade without any sparkles in the formula! I still love this line and look forward to trying other shades. I rated it a 3 mostly just because of that sparkle issue and the fact that there are no other bright pinks in the line without that finish. The packaging is sturdy enough but not cute, hence four stars in that category.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was an impulse buy and regrettable purchase. The color did not work for me. It is a frosty hot pink with odd undertones (Coral?) on my lips. Too garish to pass off at my age. The formulation was a bit off as well. It didn't feel smooth or creamy like the other colors I own. I think I'll have to mix with other shades I own just to make it look decent. Luckily this was inexpensive so I don't feel too bad. I would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow is this pigmented. And LOUD. Bright frosty magenta. On my NW10-ish complection this is not something I wear with bold shadow or strong blush, because they will compete and Lolly Popstar will win. At most I'll add a sheer highlight on the inner corners of my eyes and under browbones, and a subtle blush. I like that it contains spf15. It's not long-lasting but it's moisturizing which is what I prefer. In a way it's an easy color to wear because after my usual base makeup routine I can put this on and look totally put together, makeup's done. In that way it's a great time saver. On the other hand, unless statement lips are your go-to look, it's not an every day color. Although I do find myself wearing this more than I thought I would. The color you see in the tube is the color that will show up on your lips, so if you're thinking about trying it don't worry about there being any surprises. I'm happy with my tube, it was worth the $2.99

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lolly Popstar is a terrible shade. It is a cool toned bright pink with a major high intensity plurple frost effect. Totally clashed with my olive skin. The shade looks so unnatural and very unflattering for, I'm sure most women. The formula is moisturizing but the staying power is medicore. I do appreciate how pigmented this lipstick is. Full lip coverage in just one swipe. I do like that it is unscented as well.