December 20, 2014 | 1666 users online

Shampoo - Wen by Chaz Dean - Fall Ginger Pumpkin (seasonal scent)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

One of my favorite fall scents!!!!!! This smells straight up like pumpkin pie!!<3

I have naturally curly 3b spiral curls and this CC makes them pop! I have full volume and beautiful bouncy curls!! I also use this as a leave in too...wich works great on controlling frizz for me and gives me perfect spiral curls!!

As far as using this CC I go based on feel vs how many pumps directed on the bottle.

I will say that after using Wen vs regular shampoo & conditioner (even sulfate free ones) Wen is for me. I get so much better results and a lot of compliments on my hair and Rinsing with cool water works the best with the Wen CC's!!!

100% repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just finished the last of my cleansing condition in this scent. I'm a WEN convert. I have fine hair that's midback length and highlighted. Use to suffer from greasy roots and dry ends. Cleansing conditioners changed this.

As with any no-poo method it is important to throughout rub/massage the product to scalp for 2 minutes. I use the babybliss scalp massager to do this. I then allow to rest in my hair until the end of the shower and rinse thoroughly for another full minute.

I love the scent. Reminds me of pumpkin pie. Yummy.

As for packaging, I find when about 30% of product is left I need to add water to thin it out. I just use hot tap water...even though I think they recommend distilled water. Once it is thinned I do have to add more pumps.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by simplywilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

My honest review of this product...
With Fall Ginger Pumpkin, it wasn't all that I wanted it to be, and I ended up using it as a shaving cream, like they also tell you to use it as also. What I didn't like about this product was the overbearing smell, and what it did to my hair. I cringe when I have to use it as my backup! Most Wen conditioners are hard to wash out. This one is the worst! It stinks and leaves my scalp oily. Usually with Cucumber Aloe, the next day my hair won't be oily. Fall Ginger isn't for those with oily, fine hair!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by MacPops

I knew it...I just knew it. I knew that if I continued to watch the most over-exposed product on QVC, I would give in and buy in. Actually, it was the reviews of customers on the QVC website. I'm wondering if some of the people who like this have been hypnotized. I can only imagine it working for someone who has dry hair, which also lacks natural luster. I wanted to like it. I really did. I gave it multiple tries, thinking each time that it must just be me. It must be my fault that my hair looked more dull, flat, and just plain icky. If you have hair that isn't particularly thick, is naturally oily, and salon-glossed, skip this. You will not be impressed one bit.

I edited this DOWN a notch. It's still sitting in my shower and I used it yesterday after my run because I wouldn't be going out afterward. My scalp itched until I took a shower today. This stuff is just not for me, period. I wish I could convince my husband to use it, but he refuses. Lol!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by mimahirn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this Wen scent! So fresh for fall. I used this last year as well, and loved it. Compared to the other Wen cleansing conditioners, I would say that this one is most comparible to the Sweet Almond Mint, as far as the formula. Will definitely buy it again. The only reason that Wen doesn't get 5 lippies from me is the cost. It does require a lot of product to get great results, and the cost is prohibitive.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by LuckiJacki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I debated buying Wen for YEARS because I knew it would be fairly costly. I finally broke down and ordered it early last month. I was so excited when I received my box of goodies! I love the scent of the Fall Ginger Pumpkin! I tried it the very next morning after receiving it.

Now, I've read all the reviews and I have to say, I never experienced that awe inspiring first use result.

PROS:
Was my hair softer: Yes
Did it smell nice: Yes
Was it greasy: Not at all
Did it grease up faster: No, it was fine the next day as well
Was their more volume: A wee bit

CONS:
Did it make my hair shinier: Not nearly as shiny as my regular Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine does (for a MUCH smaller price!)
Did it get rid of the flyaways: No, they're worse
Did it appear to smooth the hair any: Nope, made my hair look worse if anything
Was their a waxy coating: This is a hard one, I'm not sure how to describe it, but there seems to be a very thin waxy-ish coating on my hair

OVERALL: I was so wanting to love this product, but sadly, even my husband noticed that my hair was more dull looking than usual. He even mentioned that it looked like I hadn't combed it in the back - it seemed to make it more likely to tangle, rather than less. The fact that he even noticed a change in my hair - and not for the good - tells me everything I need to know about whether I'll continue using this product.

THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND: Obviously, we're all different and have vastly different hair types. My hair is very long, stick straight, very thin, and breaks off really easily, no matter how little I do to it. Just from reading a ton of the reviews on this product it seems other hair types have better luck with it. In the end, try it for yourself and see if it works for you. If it doesn't, you can always do what I did and cancel any future orders.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by GirlieGirl5

My very favorite Wen product! I have very fine long blonde hair, damaged by blow drying and some lightening. This product makes my hair smooth, shiny, and lightweight. I have tried other Wen products, most recently Six Thirteen which I did like, but none compare to Ginger Pumpkin. The only thing I don't like, is that when the product gets low, the pump does not work. I wish they would produce this one year round!

Edit-I had to drop my rating to 3. My hair became immune to this stuff or something...was working fabulously for awhile but after a bit I became oily at the roots and dry on the ends. Sigh! The search continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by curtmarh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. It is perfect for my dry hair and my itchy, dandruff-prone scalp. I have basically been using this exclusively for a year now. I also use his styling cream, which is pretty good. Other than that, I try to stay away from too many chemicals in my hair. I also try not to blow-dry it as much.

Update: after awhile it stopped working on my dandruff, but it still did help with my itchy scalp.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Pumpkin & Ginger! I am in heaven. I like the Sweet Almond Mint a lot but the scent is just ok. The Pumpkin Ginger is amazing (performs about the same, but better scent). FYI - This has more of a pumpkin pie spice smell, than just a plain baked pumpkin pie and there still is that minty hint there due to the menthol in the ingredients. I am still gauging if this scent is causing a slight irritation...something was...but I am not sure if it is just the changing weather or this scent. I know the Sweet Almond Mint caused no issues (but I only used that one for a month). I will probably enjoy the scent of the Pumpkin one, but I won't be restocking or getting back ups because regardless of what is bugging my scalp (or if it is all in my head) I think the Sweet Almond Mint might work a touch better for my scalp/fine wavy hair.

UPDATE: I ended up not using the Pumpkin Wen anymore. By this point I have been using Wen pretty exclusively since July (about 3 months of Wen) with clarifying as needed. If I go back to Wen I will go back to the Sweet Almond Mint because while using that...no issues (might have been too early in the process for issues or maybe that one is better...IDK). I can't say for sure what is what, but I just started losing too much hair to ignore. I am a shedder, losing hair never freaked me out before...but this was an insane amount. I tried to talk myself out of it and Wen leaves your hair feeling thicker so I kept telling myself I was imagining it. But after a few more weeks, I just couldn't take any more chances. It isn't hormones, stress, diet or anything else that has changed...been checked out. My hair dresser and I will exchange products to try once in a while. She would not take the Wen to try despite how nice it smelled. That was a bit surprising too. I honestly can't say Wen = scary shedding/hair loss. But, it just isn't worth the chance right now. I would drop the rating down, but if I do then non-objective Wen worshipers start to read it and just mark the reviews as unhelpful and that hurts my reputation here. I am not saying don't try it. Just if that little voice in your head is saying something doesn't feel right...don't ignore it too long.
UPDATE 10/8/12: OMG...I totally called it! I had a helpful rating of 2 out of 2 found this helpful before I added the part about it not working for me. Now it is 2 out of 3 found this helpful...as soon as I said anything negative. I knew it! Not every product works for everyone. It's not evil, but it isn't great for me either.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No