April 19, 2014 | 1728 users online

Conditioner - Pureology - PRECIOUS OIL SOFTENING CONDITION

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This conditioner is perfect for my type of hair, which is straight and soft, consisting of a full head of hair where each strand is relatively fine. It adds the perfect amount of slip without weighing my hair down too much, and it doesn't make it so soft that it becomes impossible to style. I suspect that the bad ratings for this conditioner is due to people expecting it to work for drier, frizzier hair types, which I think will find it too light. The scent is also nice, but a bit strong. It's a bit hard to describe, but it smells perfumey, like white flowers (jasmine?) and a bit musky. I just ran out of my first bottles of shampoo and conditioner, and normally, I never repurchase things because trying new stuff is too addictive, I have new bottles on their way in the mail from Feelunique.com as we speak. Short version: I really recommend this conditioner together with the matching shampoo to people with relatively healthy hair, which is fine, but abundant.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Ashmack12

Bought the travel size shampoo and conditioner and originally hated it. got shoved under the sink for months. Ran out of conditioner today and found this and decided to give it another try. This conditioner works so much better without the shampoo!!! love love love the conditioner on its own. Very moisturizing a little goes a long way. It is very perfumey but I personally like the smell. Only con is it is pretty expensive

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by jenib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I actually use the Precious Oil Softening conditioner as a leave-in after I wash my hair, and for that function it works great for me! I have SUPER thick, coarse, wavy, long hair that gets frizzy on the top. My hair texture is so dry that I only wash my hair every 3-4 days because it does not need it any more frequently than that. My hair-washing routine is this: after I wash with Pureology Hydrate and condition with Pureology Essential Repair, I put Macademia Nut Oil's Intensive Repair mask on for ~10 min, then rinse, towel dry and apply a nickel- sized amount of this Precious Oil conditioner, concentrating on the lower 2/3 of my hair and only applying a bit to my roots, and comb through. It helps my hair feel softer and more "swingy" after blow-drying straight.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by cec4148

I might be in the minority- I use this stuff on the bottom 2/3 of my hair- my hair is very porous and coarse, plus I highlight it, so maybe it works for me, I don't use too much either. The smell is meh- if they corrected that, I would like it much better- but the smell does not linger for me at all so I don't know. I would say it's probaby a bit much for someone who has fine hair or hair in pretty good condition/doesn't use processes on their hair or cuts their hair often, but for people who need moisture, it's really good!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had used pureology's nano works before this one and nano works is soooo much better for my hair type. I have very thick, course, dry, color treated hair. This conditioner was too "light" for me. I prefer a conditioner that will weigh my hair down and smooth frizzies so it's not so poofy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by mxk2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely loved how this conditioner made my hair look but oh man is it strongly perfumed! And it lingers - every time my hair swung near my face I got a strong whiff, it was getting a headache from it. Needless to say, back to Ulta it went. It made my hair soft, shiny, and bouncy without weighing it down, but I just couldn't take the wretched strong perfumey scent BLECH!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by RedLipsCatEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time I used this, I was very disappointed. I had to use 4x the amount of conditioner than shampoo to saturate my hair fully. This conditioner was very light on my fine hair and was unable to detangle effectively. For me, the mask in this line is a more suitable conditioner for my hair type (natural level 2 bleached to level 8/9, fine).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love Pureology Hydrate Conditioner I just get sick of the scent after a while so I wanted to try this conditioner to see if it was something I could switch out with every once in a while. It isn't bad, but I will stick with my Hydrate and not purchase this again. I have dry course thick hair and I need something that can get all the way through it and detangle it in the shower and make my hair feel silky and this comes close, but not as good as Hydrate. The first few times I used it, I felt like it was good and made my hair soft, but after a week it stopped working-- does that make any sense?

Don't go near this if you have normal or oily hair. This is only for people with really fried and dry hair. Otherwise you will complain that it makes your hair greasy. If you have the hair type that this is designed for it will most certainly not do that (I have NEVER in my life had a conditioner make my hair greasy- that is how dry my hair is). It does smooth hair down some, but it doesn't feel like it conditions my hair or makes it soft. I like my hair to have slip when I get out of the shower- if you know what that means. I mean it is ok, but for the money, I'd buy something else and then if you wanted to add like an argon oil or something to it you could do that, but this is supposed to have a bunch of oils already in it and if so, I don't see the benefits of them. So far nothing can touch my Pureology Hydrate Conditioner. I think I will have to be buried with it one day. Oh and if you don't like perfumey smelling conditioners you might not like this one. I actually like the scent, but it is strong and it stays in your hair all day.