April 19, 2014 | 1769 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amorous Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Amorous is an odd color for me. I am NC45-50 for reference. I initially bought it because I saw a girl with a similar skin tone wear this in a review video and it looked awesome on her. The first time I put it on, I was disappointed and didn't like it - it looked darker than I thought it would. Afterwards, it grew on me but there was always something I didn't like about it. Then I realized that this color basically looks pinkish-plum with an undertone of MUD. There's a muddy look to it when I wear it alone. I can make it look good by applying a pink gloss or glaze over it.

I went to MAC and tried on other similar colors and I found CAPTIVE. Captive is basically this color but with no mud undertone. It's definitely more pinkish with a plum undertone. I love it - it's a great everyday color for me and it's a much better option for gals of my skin color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by SStar777

I like this lipstick but not my fav mac lipstick like russian red or flat out fabulous. It is a nice shade for work. It is not very bright, very subtle shade for places where u cannot wear bright shade. Love it's quality and application. It is long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

LOVE it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by cpkgirl1116

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Amorous is a dark plum satin finish. It is also very bold, pigmented & easily buildable if you wanna go deeper. I saw a tutorial on YT w/the MUA using this lipcolor who happened to be around the same complexion as me so I decided to buy it. It just feels Blah when I apply it alone to my lips. Im still trying to figure ways to liven this shade up. The lady at the MAC counter suggested to add Viva Glam VI lipglass on top (it looks nice) but I was being cheap lol...
Guess I will go back & cop that Viva Glam lipglass!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Rumz

This is dark mauve colour on me and I like it mixed with a creamier lipstick as it can be slightly drying. It a natural MBB type of lipstick for darker skins and I like it for day time use.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by queenofga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not understand why everyone loves this color. I'm NW45, and Amorous looks very muddy on me. Not neutral. Muddy. And not in a good way. I've tried it without liner, with chestnut and bittersweet liners from mac, and with a plum-colored liner (from a different brand). Either way, looks like mud. i returned it and went with mac's Plumful color which is WAY better if you're looking for a professional neutral with a pinkish/plumish tint to it. I think the undertone to amorous is way too brown. which is not good, unless that's the look you're going for. hated it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is another lipstick I got for fall as it's such a deep plum color that looks great for the cooler season. Its not as purple as say rebel but that's what I love about it it's a wearable red plummy shade that works with everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by irrelevantindian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I apologize for the incoherent review, but there's not a well-articulated way to explain my love for this lipstick.
This and Creme in Your Coffee were my first MAC lipsticks, and these are still my two favourite lipsticks of all time. Amorous is the perfect deep pink/plum colour for the cooler months, and you honestly have no idea how excited I am to whip this out again now that it's nearly fall. I'm a bold lip girl, and this is just too beautiful for words. I pair it with Soar lipliner to soften it up just a little bit, and, boy, it really is lovely on the lips. It makes an absolutely stunning contrast against pale skin no matter how you wear it. I've used this as a stain and applied it straight from the bullet. Amorous has never failed me and always pulls my makeup look together.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by sleepnix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My all time favorite lipstick! A dark reddish purple. It can look very heavy if you aren't careful to apply it correctly. I prefer using it as a stain and tap it gently on my lips. Because I'm 16, this would definitely look too mature or vampy if I applied it fully. Dramatic but not crazy on my NC20 skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This plum color is from their Satin collection and is great with my NW15 skin. It's not too purple. It is colorful without being too bold. I love this color because it really brightens my whole look and brings the color out in my cheeks. It is not the easiest to apply, so it takes some practice especially if you're used to more sheer or lighter colors. For daytime, I kinda tap it on my lips instead of swiping side to side that way it doesn't go on too heavy. This is a ultra creamy and long lasting lipstick. It is slightly drying as it wears off, hence the four lippies. It's a must to use it with lipliner, and I would almost suggest using a brush to apply it with since it is thick. I might try using it over chapstick to combat the drying effect.