November 20, 2014 | 1997 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - Wet 2 Straight with Soy Hydra Complex

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I'm pretty disappointed. I purchased this in hopes of a quicker, less damaging way to fix my hair. I have thick, wavy locks that are currently losing the battle to frizz, fly aways and baby gray hairs. I allowed my hair to air dry a bit, divided my hair into sections, applied heat protectant (it is a hot tool, after all) and then proceeded to attempt to dry my hair. The key word here is attempt. Even when grabbing small sections, this thing just couldn't get my hair dry. I could have forgiven the horrendous amount of frizz it left me, and the fact that it didn't actually straighten my waves, but if it doesn't dry my hair then what's the point?

I see many people love this on Amazon and the original gets some great reviews here on MUA, so it's worth a try at least. Just be sure to purchase from a location that allows returns. For myself, this baby is going back to the store.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My review after 1st use, I'll update more as time goes on. This iron is ceramic+titanium according to the box, I have the 2". I have mid-back length hair, lots of it but my hairdresser says the hairs themselves are considered fine. I've never used an iron on damp hair before and the sizziling sound was expected but shocking still. My hair was quite damp, it dry it almost all the way with 3 passes and I was putting quite a bit of hair in it at a time. So it does dry hair very quick cause my hair takes FOREVER to dry! BUT my hair felt very dry and almost a tad crunchy afterwords which has me very worried. I did use TRESemme instant heat tamer spray before, which was my first time using so i'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. So quite worried to try again but just going to try on one section and see how that goes, will update....OK so I tried this again but on DRY hair and it went much better, worked faster and better than my hot tools iron