November 28, 2014 | 1920 users online

Lips - Nivea - nivea acai berry and wild apple lip smoothie

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by BohemianChic89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This looks lovely on my lips and it smells fantastic, but I don't find this moisturizing and I don't find that it lasts very long on my lips at all. Within 40 minutes of applying this it's gone and that's unfortunate. I won't re-purchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

Initially I didnot like this product as it isn't like other Nivea products. Most of their products such as thier classic, hydrocare, strawberry, cherry etc all have a very gel like consistency to them that I loved. This is more of a lip butter consistency, it is not too waxy, more creamy but it's not light either, I do think it helps with chapped lips though and it's fairly okay. The smell is kind of odd for a balm, it's not fruity, its kinda like a milkshake or something? Overall it's alright, wouldn't repurchase but it was really cheap and for the price it was good. And no, there adds absolutely no tint to the lips what so ever, it even swatches clear so don't go for the "red" tint hype. Overall it's alright, something different from Nivea, it's okay , not bad not amazing

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by t2doan

Price: on sale for 2.99 from 4.99cad

Package: lid and everything is good but notice at the bottom the product was going through.maybe it melted.

Doesn't keep my lip moistured for long. I would reapply every hour or so.
There isnt really a smell to the product and i see no color when applied on my lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by bazzo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nivea has always had a good rating in my book for their intense moisturizing effects, though I've always used their clear balms for lip care. However, their Lip Smoothie line falls short on this.

This product glides on smooth, but thick, and fails to provide any noticeable/relieving moisture that lasts more than a few seconds. Very quickly, the texture becomes tacky because I don't feel any absorption at all, and I feel myself reaching for it again within the next 2 minutes after wiping off the uncomfortable excess of butter. I realize it doesn't advertise itself as "Hydro moisture" or anything of the like for long-lasting effect, but I expect a sort of treatment when buying lip balms (especially one from Nivea!). The smell is nice though, if not a big strong.

I bought this stick in a clearance package with Nivea's Pealy Shine and another flavour Cranberry & Raspberry for dirt cheap, though. I'm not sure whether this is attributed to the quality, and despite the cute container, I will not be looking at this line again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far I really love this! I love the smell, it's sooo good, and I love the color, it's very natural on me vs the cherry and strawberry tints. It moisturizes waaaay better than the cherry and strawberry too, and stays on my lips for quite a few hours, even after eating and drinking. The only drawback is it made my macaroni and cheese taste fruity, lol, so one should probably just eat fruity things while wearing this lol. Would definitely buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

Horrible! Doesn't moisturize my lips properly, and the fragrance smells too strong. My lips peel and crack like crazy after using this. Chapstick doesn't do that. Boo!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Olom

I was intrigued by this lip balm since I really like Nivea's Fruity Shine in 'Cherry' which is my favourite tinted lip balm so far. I purchased Nivea Lip Smoothie at Shoppers Drug Mart for CDN $4-5, which is a few dollars more costly than Fruity Shine but since I only ever use Fruity Shine, I wanted to have some variety in what I use on my lips, a different tint perhaps. Also, they give you A LOT of product so it will last maybe 2 months if you use it multiple times a day, everyday. While I find the moisturizing properties the same as Fruity Shine (which I rate as 'sufficient' since I don't have a big problem with chapped lips), the colour/tint/whatever isn't visible as I imagine it would be on other people... I'm guessing it should be a sheer, somewhat shiny light pink but after application, my lips just look like I put on a thin coat of clear lip gloss (which I'm not too ecstatic about since my lips are a bit dark for my face, especially my upper lip which has some discolouration). I guess I'm looking for a more dramatic colour that may "hide" my true lip colour and discolouration more. So for lip colour purposes I would not purchase this again and will use it for just a night lip balm. I also dislike the packaging of these balms in general (Fruity Shine included) - one clumsy hand, and as soon as this thing hits the floor, the lid will go flying off.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by loverofproducts

I LOVE this product because it's one of the best lip balms/ treatments/ lip tint thing i've ever tried. (only 2.89$$$$$) I'm in highschool so i don't want like lipstick or anything, but i wanted a very slight tint to my lip. Also, i wanted something moisturizing. I used burt's bees but it's too expensive (which means it's a rip off) and not worth the money in my opinion (because no lip balm in my opinion no matter how good it is should be that much).
Anywayzzzz... this has a beautiful very light tint to it (on my lips.... i'm not sure about other people), it's so nice and creamy, does not leave white residue on my lips as i've experienced before, and .... I LOVE THE SMELL! <3 - it's like a hint of apple and starbust type thing. I honestly thought i wouldn't like the smell because i didn't like burt's bees acai berry lip balm smell... but i loved this. Dep. Repurchasing and it was only 2.89 or something :D