July 28, 2014 | 2030 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Garnier - Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by HarperValley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far one of my favorite concealers, feels pretty light and good coverage, a tad runny, but I am on my second one now, bought on sale for $12 (Canada), and would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this. I've repurchased probably 4-5 times now. it's definitely a HG product for me and I use it daily. I feel like it is a good base/primer for my concealer and on days where I don't need a lot of coverage, I'll only use this to brighten the undereye area. The thin formula glides on effortlessly and blends out to illuminate and conceal. I have very sensitive undereyes and this has never given me any issues with burning, redness, itchiness or irritation whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Jordy20

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, I'm 45 and recently acquired dark DARK circles under my eyes. I don't have puffiness. I'll make it short. Until recently I wear Colorstay foundation with great results. Since getting a little older I don't like to wear foundation during the day (for the 1st time in my life) I look younger just wearing brown-black mascara, maybe a little liner to the lower eyelids, clean-shaped up eyebrows, and simple lightly tinted lip gloss.

The only issue I had was dark circle under the eyes. My eyes are brown and somewhat deep set so dark circles under the eyes were more noticeable. Garnier Skin Renew Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller, Sheer Tint does an amazing job. It's not a "concealer" in the way other concealers work. The 1st time I used it I rolled some under the eyes and kind of smoothed it in place with my fingers. Eh it was ok. BUT this morning I rolled it under my eyes, let it sit there while touching up my eyebrows then patted the product in place feathering off. WOW it was great. 4 hours later, still great! 6 hours later nothing settled in fine lines but applied again even though I really didn't need it. Great! The test for me is how it looks outside in natural day light where most everything looks crappy under and around eyes. I'm very picky. So if you don't wear make-up, have deeper set eyes, and dark circles this is nice product. I don't know how it would fair on bags AND circles or under or over make-up but for a "natural clean faced" positive bump, it does a nice job at a nice price. This product gives the illusion of bringing my eyes forward on my face so I look more refreshed and not like my eyeballs are sinking back in my head and leaving dark hollow spots. I use it under my eyes and on my eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This does a great job of concealing my faint dark circles. I have tried tons of concealers, my favorite being Benefit's "bo-ing" which has a LOT of coverage. If you have very dark circles it might not work well, but I have noticed a difference in my own dark circles since I started using this. I am also getting more sleep and drinking more water, so I can't say the improvement is only from this product but it certainly hasn't hurt! The formula is very thin, so it is very easy to blend. I LOVE the way the roller feels on my skin, it's very soothing in the morning! I have pretty sensitive skin that can break out at a moment's notice and this hasn't caused any breakouts or clogged pores. And, no milia (little white bumps!) that most other under-eye products are notorious for causing. Overall, I really like this and will purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by barberree

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i love the concept and easy, fun, sterile packaging. the color of the cream is also nice, and the consistency is fairly runny and non-drying (i have oily skin, though). while this makes my hereditary/allergy-related (and i'm sure being in my 40s also contributes) look better upon application, the product has not noticeably decreased my dark circles. i've used three tubes of it, so i'm sure. it's a lovely product, i love Garnier products in general, and i hope it works for you. you can sometimes get them on sale at Walgreen's.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by MissMacabre88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I am fair skinned and have very dark under eye circles. It actually looks like I have two black eyes. :( I don't wear makeup everyday but I sometimes like to get dolled up on weekends or when going out with friends. When I do wear makeup, I usually don't wear foundation because my skin is VERY sensitive and it's basically impossible for me to find a good foundation or BB cream that doesn't irritate the hell out of my skin. I'm also not a big fan of that caked on look, or the greasy feeling of foundation. I generally just wear eye makeup. So I like to start out with something that works to conceal my under eye circles AND act as a base for my eye shadow. I've been using Garnier's Anti-Dark-Circle Roller in fair/medium for a couple years now. I've tried other things, such as Almay's Smart Shade concealer and the Wake Up concealer stick (the Smart Shade concealer is decent but the Wake Up stick I find is VERY greasy and collects in creases and fine lines), but I keep coming back to this Garnier eye roller.

I roll a bit on under my eyes and on my eyelids and gently blend it in with my fingers. Let it dry for about 2 or three minutes. It works as an excellent base for eye makeup, everything stays in place, and it doesn't collect in eye creases and fine lines. It's also not greasy at all which is nice! I'm not too sure if this product will actually reduce the look of dark under eye circles over time (I haven't seen much of a change) but it definitely works at concealing them for a day. It also doesn't completely conceal my under eye circles, but it provides a decent amount of coverage without making the area around my eyes look too light, like some concealers do.

My only concerns with this product is that it's a bit pricey (I think I paid around $16.00 for a roller), and it doesn't COMPLETELY conceal my dark circles (which is difficult because they are SO dark) but it does a good enough job. I'm happy with the results.

I'll continue to use this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by kaicg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am fair skinned, with dark purple undereye circles (that can look like bruises). I've tried many many products professional and other and I always come back to this. I start with the brightening eye primer by Smashbox and then follow with Garnier. I usually have to follow up with a little bit of concealer (but that's because my circles are so bad) and they're gone, it makes such an improvement. This product really makes a world of difference in my routine. I will definitely continue to repurchase, love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by librarygirl85

My eyes are sometimes puffy and I do get dark circles when I'm really tired. It works for me. I use it as a concealer and it really does brighten my eyes. I can't go without it ... I like the Anti-Puff Roller as well, I use them together (though I'm not sure if that works well or not).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Jackiep5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this concealer although I do not have dark circles I just like to use concealer and as soon as I put this on it did brighten my eyes. I use medium/deep which is a new shade and I thought it was too light at first but it blended right in. Btw I use NC44 in MAC.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Jillsmith

I didn't like it. I always have dark under-eye circles and I have tried many things to help them over the years. This product did not cover them. I had to put my old standby, Bobbli Brown Corrector, over it. I have very pale skin, so the color match with my skin was okay, but I can't imagine it matching someone with medium or dark skin. I also think that it brought out fine lines that I didn't even know I had. I like the roller-ball concept, though.