April 24, 2014 | 1882 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek & Shine 5 in 1 Serum Spray

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by samantha1791

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Seriously, this stuff is awful.

I just sprayed it on freshly-washed hair and it made it look like an oil slick. I might as well not have even bothered washing my hair, and I'm currently doing damage control. Avoid.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by maggieruland

Makes my hair too oily. I like it for styling updos like buns though.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Kait89

Was not very satisfied with this product. i like most of garnier products but this one left my hair greasy and oily looking. No matter if i used it on my dry or wet hair it still didn't do anything for me. Probably why they discontinued. At least at my local walmart.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by HeartofanElephant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't really have a strong opinion towards this product. It did not benefit my hair in any way but it also did not hurt my hair in any way. I didn't very much like the smell of it, but it also did not linger on my hair. Overall, the product is nothing special.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by peacelovenostril

I was so excited to use this product, but honestly its just oil in a can. Your better off going in your kitchen and putting canola oil all over your hair. It just sits on your hair and does absolutely nothing. I guess it makes your hair shiny (but not like heathly shiny like oily shiny). Really such a waste of money and the commercial is so misleading. Don't even waste your money.

Als this was the first hair serum i ever bought because my hair was getting very dry over the summer. After using this product thought maybe serums jet weren't for me, but after buying the Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum (a bit pricey) I realized all the things a serum was supposed to do. I suggest splurging a little for a decent product then wasting you money on this crappola.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Generally Garnier products work very well on my dry, color-treated hair. But this one does not.
First of all I can't stand the strong smell! It's overwhelming, even though it does disappear after a bit. It did make my hair shine, but it also flattened it, something I absolutely dislike. I like some volume in my hair and Garnier's Mousse gives me that, but not this product.

Lastly, my hair is highlighted, but this product made it look darker whis is the opposite effect of what I pay a lot of money for. Bottom line: I'll pass it on, I would never rebuy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by hernandezcee

Big waste of money. This product does not do what it promises. Instead of making your hair feel smooth, it made my hair feel oily. It did not tame frizz at all or add shine, ugh. It was honestly such a disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Where to begin?... Save your money. This spray is a hot mess if I ever saw one.

The idea behind this oil spray is that it is supposed to tame frizzy hair and add shine. The instructions say that it should be used as a finishing spray. I have very thick and course hair which I flat iron every day. When I used this product as a finishing spray, it curled my hair back up and erased the flat iron results. Also, it left an overly oily feel to my hair because it is hard to control the amount of product coming out of the bottle. Curiously enough, this product left my hair more frizzy than ever. Awful stuff!

USER BEWARE...this product will coat the floor around you and cause you to inevitably fall and crack your bum in two.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Pennyenvy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There is this picture that floating around in my mother's photo albums of me in my "awkward phase" of my preteen years.... Harry Potter glasses, braces, acne, super greasy hair...

This made me feel like that picture.

I was having a mostly awesome hair day, but I'm pretty prone to flyaways... So I busted out a bottle of this spray that I had purchased a few months ago but promptly forgotten about...

And holy crap... They need to use this to oil up body builders or something. It sure did make my hair shiny though.... In a haven't washed in two weeks looking kind of way...

Also, this mist gets eevvvvveerrryyyywhhheeerrreeee... Everything within a 2 foot radius of myself felt like it had been dipped in oil.

This promptly went into the trash and I promptly went into the shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

Ive tried sooo many shine serum products that I could go broke and I really like this one!! I spray it on my hair after straightening and it looks more shiny and tames fly aways and I also spray and scrunch and it holds my waves. It does feel a bit oily in my hair but I guess that's how it gives that shine factor and im not bothered by that as long as it works and it does. I really like using it in an aerosol style as that is how the bottle is presented. Overall, great product and will buy another one when this one runs out.