Nuxe Melting Cleansing Gel With Rose Petals

2.8

on 1/9/2015 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

--- Product---
Described as a cleanser which removes make up while gently clarifying.

--- Package ---
Cute pink tube. Functional. Will probably become less functional when the product content is lower.

--- Consistency and fragrance---
Gel/cream consistency with a lovely rose fragrance. Does not smell artificial to me.

--- Results---
This product is described as a make up melting gel. However, I would not say it does that. I used this for a few weeks as my second cleanse. First cleanse was with Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Water. I don't think this cleansing routine was effective because my skin became more dull, clogged and I developed more blackheads, etc. I think this is more of a cleanser than make up remover. I started using it in the mornings instead but it dried my skin a bit. So for now I stopped using it while I am trialling a new cleanser.

--- Conclusion---
Will definitely not buy again. Ok cleanser but dries my skin out a little. Mediocre make up remover. Claims to be clarifying but doesn't deliver.

EDIT 16/2/15- I now enjoy using my cleansers on dry skin, massage, emulsify a little and rinse with a wash cloth dampened in warm water. Used this way, this cleansers is insufferable. The smell of roses is very strong and makes for an unpleasant experience. My skin is left dried out and a little sensitive after rinsing. I am now removing one more lippie because this is not good at all. I don't even know if this deserves the two lippies that remain!

on 6/5/2014 6:32:00 PM

1. Does not remove makeup easily. I have to use it twice and proceed with bioderma sensibio solution to ensure that it's all gone. 2. Really bad packaging, difficult to use without a pump. 3. Smells really nice though but the smell is not worthy enough of the pice and the fact that it doesn't actually remove makeup!

on 10/16/2013 5:35:00 PM

I'm really suprised with bad reviews. This is one of the best cleansers I have ever used. It is gentle, it removes makeup and with toner from the same line it does the job perfectly. I have acne prone, sensitive, dehydrated and this never broke me out. This actually helped to bring back moisture to my skin.

on 2/20/2013 3:22:00 AM

I did not like this at all. It does not remove my makeup entirely and does not clean my combination skin properly either, leaves a strange residue on my skin. Will not repurchase.

on 1/17/2013 2:37:00 PM

This creamy cleansing gel smells lovely (I am a rose fan) and feels very gentle on the skin. I don't find that it removes makeup well at all, though, and I have tried using it both on damp skin and dry skin. I think this would work really well for someone with dry skin who does not wear much, if any, makeup. The strong fragrance may also irritate sensitive skin. I have dry/combo skin, wear makeup, and this cleanser doesn't work well for me. I'll use it up in the mornings when I have no makeup to remove, but would not repurchase this. The fliptop cap could be a little easier to open, too.

Ingredients (paraben-free): Aqua/water, rosa damascena flower water, macadamia integrifolia seed oil, parfum/fragrance, coco-glucoside, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, glycerin, benzyl alcohol, capryloyl glycine, sodium hydroxide, citric acid, allantoin, tetrasodium edta, dehydroacetic acid, glycine soja (soybean) oil, beta-carotene, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, tocopherol.

on 9/5/2012 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This melting cleansing gel is awsome! It smells like pink roses! It`s a soft white gel that removes any makeup or dirt,but gently! It`s for sensitive skin! It does not dry out your skin! Love it!