August 2, 2014 | 1609 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Clear Days Ahead Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by newslang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this face wash for about 6 months now, and it has completely changed my skin.

I have acne prone skin and was extremely broken out when I started using this. I use it once in the morning when I shower. It smells sort of like oranges but the scent doesn't linger (like Purity Made Simple does). Within a week I didn't have any new breakouts. Within a month, my skin was more or less healed. It keeps my oily skin at bay all day and doesn't make my skin overly dry.

Absolutely worth a try if you're struggling with acne and active breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg turned my face into a pizza!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This product can be a little drying but it does work. I use the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser after I use this one and it balances my skin out again. I like the smell of this facewash, the foaminess, and it does work to clear my skin. If it wasn't so drying I would give it a 5 but if I don't use the CeraVe cleanser I'm all dry patches. Overall this is a really good cleanser and would work well on oiler skin but I make it work for my combination/dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by rainbowhorse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't really suffer from acne but sometimes I will have the occasional menstrual breakout (if that was TMI-I do apologize). When does times come around I like to whip out this cleanser and use it at night because the next morning the pimples will be gone or decrease dramatically. After two or three nights of use my face is back to its pristine no acne zone face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by linntolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first review because I feel the need to let everyone know how adding this product to my skincare routine has does wonders for me. For the past 3 years, I've only been using Philosophy's purity cleanser day and night because it helped calm my eczema flare ups. The past year or so, I started breaking out with acne on my forehead and chin pretty bad but was afraid to try new products with the possiblity of eczema flare ups or worsen my acne. I bought this cleanser on a whim after reading that just 1% salicylic acid is safe and appropriate for skin so you get an exfoliation of your dead skin cells (eczema is dry skin condition so it may have led to acne). I am 30 yrs old and finally my skin has become the most BALANCED ever since before my teen years suffering from terrible cystic acne then eczema in my mid 20s. My skincare routine is Philosophy Purity only in the morning and Clear Days Ahead at night with Clean & Clear 10% benzoyl peroxide gel on acne spots. My moisturizer day and night is California Baby calendula cream (at Target and cured my eczema, amazing product). Once or twice a week I mask with Formula 10.0.6 Deep down detox ultra cleansing mud mask (amazing from Ulta) Just one last thing, the cleanser may leave you a little dry but with a cream moisturizer you are putting back the moisture your skin needs after its super clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by futurestrength

I love this stuff. Perfect for acne prone skin, cleansing without being too drying. I alternate cleansers on a daily basis (Philosophy Purity, this, Dr. Murad, Lush Coalface) because I'm recovering from cystic acne and so sometimes I need gentler vs stronger cleansers, or at least this has been what's working for me. I will ALWAYS rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by ALaubert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW! I have suffered from acne for two horrible years. Being in highschool I have stayed home from many events with the horrible cystic acne I had. After a little research I decided to buy this product. I was hesitant at first just because 21 dollars is a little much for a cleanser in my opinion. I finally bought it and just wow! The first night I used it it was refreshing and foamy. The next morning I woke up with smooth and clearer skin! After a week most of my acne is completley cleared! HG product!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by MRayne23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Where do I start?? This stuff is AMAZING!! This is truly the first product I've found that actually works in a long time. I've had horrible trouble with acne since I was in high school, I'm now 26, so it's safe to say I've tried a lot of stuff.

Also, 3 years ago, I had surgery to remove my left ovary and most of my right.....and my hormones have never been the same since. A friend of mine with similar issues recommend this wash to me, and I LOVE IT. This stuff has even helped to combat the awful, cystic hormonal breakouts.

Some things I should mention:

1) If I'm wearing makeup, I always wash all my makeup off my face BEFORE I use this face wash. (Usually just with an Olay daily facials cleansing cloth-for combo skin) That way the stuff that's in it can really sink into my skin and do it's job.

2) I also use the overnight salicylic acid treatment pads that philosophy makes as part of the clear days ahead system. They're a little pricey ($40 for 60) at Ulta, but I think it's worth it to also have the treatment on my face overnight. I've found it really did help clear my skin up!

3) The smell is really not bad at all, I was afraid it might be, but it's not! I don't really know how to describe it, it's sort of citrus/floral.

4) The texture is so fun! It's gel. It feels really good to massage into your skin every day.

5) I do not use it with a clarisonic, I just massage it into my skin with my fingers for about a minute, then rinse. But hey, if you have a clarisonic, go for it. I've heard it works great!

I know some people say this is really drying, and I can see how it would be if you have really dry skin. I have to say, I've never had any problem with dryness using these products, but I do have oily, acne-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ceedubbs

I'm not exactly sure how to rate this...

I purchased this off the Sephora website with hopes to find a product that will tame my skin. I have these pesky little pimples that like to bore their ugly heads inside my skin, sometimes they have their bigger cousins join them. I would like to think my skin isn't party central for these bastards but apparently its fun times for them.

I've been using this product, along with the other products that came with the 30 day trial for 5 days now. Im a little conflicted when rating it. My skin DOES feel softer, a lot softer and I love it - HOWEVER, these mother-f***ers are still having party time on my skin. I'm getting 2-3 tiny white heads, but the product has done a little clearing - maybe I had high expectations..

Who knows.. possibly this might change with more usage.. I'll keep you updated.

Oh and this product is pretty drying.. the moisturizer that comes with the trial kit does nothing for this. I would suggest using some kind of moisturizer at night. I pat some citaphil to help with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by kmortez

I really like this cleanser. I do not use it everyday, but about every other day regularly for the last five months. It along with other products in my skin care routine have really helped keep the redness and blemishes away. I do think it is a reasonable price for how much you get. I got it about a year ago and just really started using it about five months ago regularly, I use one pump on my clarisonic and it works great for me. I have about half a bottle left and will probably buy this again when it runs out. I also love the philosophy purity cleanser for removing makeup. For some that do not like it that much, it only has one percent SA in it so its not the most powerful acne medicated cleanser out there, I think the gentleness of it is what helps my skin the best.