Philosophy Clear Days Ahead Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Cleanser

4.1

Salicylic Acid 1% Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Acrylates Crosspolymer-4, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Niacinamide, Glycerin, Panthenol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Jojoba Esters, Disodium Capryloyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrogen Peroxide, Propylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, O-Cymen-5-Ol.

on 8/16/2015 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product has worked, but not well enough for the price of it. I have combination to dry skin, and very acne-prone, and I still get small pimples while using this.

on 5/27/2015 7:55:00 PM

I've used about a few bottles of this cleanser already and plan on purchasing again.
During the summers, I find this to be totally perfect on clearing my acne away. In the cold weather, it can get a little drying (must use a heavy moisturizer). The cleanser smells awesome and is gentle enough to use twice a day. I can't count on this to remove makeup since it stings my eyes and also doesn't remove makeup well.

on 1/27/2015 4:49:00 PM

This is a workable product but did not wow me . can be drying. here is a more detailed two minute review :

on 1/18/2015 2:07:00 PM

I have the most sensitive skin ever and was experiencing some breakouts in places I'd never had before (along hairline, on cheeks). I decided to try this face wash and it has done wonders for my skin. All clear! This is a great product. I even use it on my chest and back.

on 1/13/2015 1:37:00 AM

I don't think this cleanser gets the loves it deserves.
My skin was acting up so badly and out of nowhere as well. I would wake up every morning (for about a month) with new acne all over my cheeks and my chin and forehead-and it was the bright red kind. I was so desperate to find a cleanser to put a freaking END to these breakouts. And well the Clear Days Ahead cleanser saved my skin. Its $21 so I guess it's on the pricier side but honestly it is the best investment you can make to save yourself from breakouts.
Its a thin gel consistency and the smell is delicious!It smells really citrusy so it really makes you feel refreshed when you're in zombie mode washing your face in the morning. But anyway, this cleanser has stopped my breakouts. It has faded away some acne scars, and has overall improved my complexion. Also, it makes your face feel SO clean! Of course, as with any salicylic acid cleanser, it does have a drying-tightening effect but that's no problem at all if you apply a light moisturizer after. So, 5 stars for this life saver. So happy I found it and if your skin reacts well to salicylic acid you will love it too!

on 10/4/2014 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I was so excited to try out this product. I don't have terrible acne, but I am in graduate school and getting married in a little under a year so I have been having some breakouts due to stress and really wanted something to help keep my face clear. And as excited as I was to try this, I was terribly disappointed.

The pros:
- This stuff smells amazing! Kind of like orange, and it's really strong but doesn't leave your face smelling like oranges.
- The first couple of times using this, I loved it. Initially it made my face feel SO nice and clean.
- While $21 for a bottle of cleanser seems very expensive, you don't need to use much and this bottle should last a VERY long time.

The cons:
- I have very oily skin, and this stuff dried my face out to the point that it started peeling and flaking off. And that was after only a couple of days.
- I'm not sure if this stuff broke me out or if I had an allergic reaction to it or both, but after the second day of using this I started noticing that I had these little tiny red bumps all over my face. Not pimples, but more like a rash or something. After reading some of these reviews, this appears to be a pretty common occurrence.

on 9/26/2014 12:44:00 PM

I have combo-oily skin, and I suffer from hormonal acne on my chin and jawline. Usually I get large cycstic pimples that are deep, painful, and can take weeks to clear up. I also get the occasional whitehead here and there. I use a prescription topical acne-treatment that has cleared up my skin considerably, but if I'm not using a good cleanser my skin will start breaking out again.

I tend to go for drugstore cleansers -- there are a lot from the drugstore that work well for my skin, so I never really felt the need to buy a lot of pricier cleansers. But I got this as a gift and was super excited to try it out. This product has a gel-like consistency and it lathers up well. I use 1-2 pumps, depending if I'm just cleansing with my hands or with my Clarisonic. This has an awesome orange-citrusy scent, and the smell doesn't linger on your face after it's rinsed off. This rinses off clean and doesn't leave any kind of residue on the skin.

Sometimes cleansers with salicylic acid can really dry my skin out, but this one didn't do that at all. I could use this morning or night since it left my skin just feeling nice and balanced, not dry and tight and itchy. I usually only used this once a day, but sometimes I used it twice a day and it still didn't dry me out. When I used this product consistently, I did notice fewer breakouts and my skin overall appeared brighter and smoother. If I was breaking out, this didn't irritate the pimple by drying it out too much, and it didn't burn or sting when used on active breakouts.

I'll definitely pick this up again. It's not too expensive for a high-end skincare product ($21) and the bottle lasted a long time. I'm also now interested in trying other products in the Clear Days Ahead line. If you're acne-prone and your skin responds well to salicylic acid, I'd recommend trying this out.

on 6/11/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this face wash for about 6 months now, and it has completely changed my skin.

I have acne prone skin and was extremely broken out when I started using this. I use it once in the morning when I shower. It smells sort of like oranges but the scent doesn't linger (like Purity Made Simple does). Within a week I didn't have any new breakouts. Within a month, my skin was more or less healed. It keeps my oily skin at bay all day and doesn't make my skin overly dry.

Absolutely worth a try if you're struggling with acne and active breakouts.

on 3/12/2014 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Omg turned my face into a pizza!

on 2/23/2014 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This product can be a little drying but it does work. I use the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser after I use this one and it balances my skin out again. I like the smell of this facewash, the foaminess, and it does work to clear my skin. If it wasn't so drying I would give it a 5 but if I don't use the CeraVe cleanser I'm all dry patches. Overall this is a really good cleanser and would work well on oiler skin but I make it work for my combination/dry skin.