July 29, 2014 | 1013 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

its an excellent sheer to medium coverage foundation. there is definitely some luminosity left to the skin after applying. i have dry-combination skin with some small open pores and mild acne scarring. this covers well but make sure to build it up in areas where you need it. it can be used with and without powder. :)

one word of caution - im NC20 and bought shade 020 BUT it was wayyy to dark for me. i looked crazy! i had to go back and exchange it for 011 (creme). The shade 011 reads light on me for the first 30 mins but after it sets/oxidizes its actually the perfect colour for me, and matches my neck and shoulders (which is lighter than my face). it gives a beautiful milky-smooth look to my skin. definitely worth a try and a great everyday foundation. please tone and moisturize well first to get rid of any flakiness and to plump up the skin (minimizing the look of pores).

this is great but if you want fuller coverage perhaps try the forever flawless which is full coverage and matte. :)

ADDITIONAL FOUNDATION TIPS (mostly based on lisa eldrige's tips):

>> KNOW YOUR RIGHTS in the country you're buying it from - check if you can return/exchange the product if you find the colour, texture, coverage doesn't suit you.
if you're in UK for example, EU hygiene regulations say you cannot return a used/opened cosmetic product e.g. you CANNOT return a foundation EVEN if the sales associate wrongly colour matched you. but in USA you can get a refund simply because you dont like the foundation

>> if you can't get refunds or exchanges, insist on a sample, even bring your own little pot

>> test on your neck as well, not only your jawline/facial skin. ensure uniformity from the neck, shoulders, and decolletage up.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by damblues

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This has replaced my beloved Merle Norman foundation. That foundation no longer worked well with my skin.

I am in love with this foundation. I put it on over primer/pore minimizer and I use a small kabuki brush to load it and dab it on all over my face. It does not gunk up, nor does it settle in fine lines or pores. It is the perfect color for my skin type/color (022). You cannot tell where foundation ends and make up begins.

It contains some sunscreen so it is a bonus buy! It lasts all day and looks natural. It does not make my pores look larger and, in fact, makes my skin look smoother and dewy,

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Ashleydefreitassssss

Great for oily - combination skin! So flawless and build-able. Looks natural and not cakey at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Nienone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the packaging! It's quite classy hihi. I have bought this foundation 2 years ago, It was my first foundation ever, and I didn't know what to expect. I think this foundation is better than a drug store foundation, but the results are quite average. I had a dry skin, and this foundation didn't handle it. ( flakes everywhere on my face). The foundation didn't stay in place all day. But after all this is a great foundation for oily and combination skin. And the package is wonderfull!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

I would have loved it, but it does contain alcohol, which in the end won't help my dry skin..too bad, the texture is smooth and light, but it had noticed it dried out fast on my skin, now I know why...I will stick to Chanel vitalumiere..I think for young combination skins, this would work just fine, the choice of colors is good..dry and mature skins should avoid that one though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have oily skin, and this was a good foundation for the time i had it on. Stayed put for at least 5 hours. Did not settle into pores/fine lines.
Nice finish, not too matte, looked good on for one hour, until it OXIDIZED.
I was matched with 020 and it oxidized after about an hour- it was brown/orange tinted, and i tried 021- linen, and it was way too yellow.
Scent was mild compared to some other foundations i have tried.
Way too expensive for end result.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Infinitize

Its very hard for me to be satisfied with a foundation, but I really like this one.

Coverage is very buildable from Sheer to medium (but nothing more). It is important that you build thin layers instead of applying them at once to look natural.

Color range is pretty limited, but for my NC15~20 ish skin, Creme 011 is a great match. it also blends in with the skin so a slightly off color won't look so obvious

Price I think it really fair for a Dior product and for the quality of it. YSL, Guerlain and Giorgio Armani should be priced this way too..

I have no problem with it accentuating pores or fine lines, but I can't say that it covers them well and smooths out the skin. its one of the better ones though.
It does however accentuate dry patches. so moisturize and exfoliate very well

Lasting powder on me was pretty good. But I blot access oil of my sunscreen before I put the primer on.. and I have dry skin that doesn't produce oil throughout the day..
It lasted 8 hours without oxidizing, becoming patchy or disappearing.

Unlike its name, the foundation itself isn't very dewy. it has a subtle inner glow that's a bit more radiant than Nars sheer glow. It's satin finish gives it a tiny bit of sticky texture when its set.

I gave it 4 lippies because
1. It accentuates dry patches on dry skin and isn't very long lasting on oily skin
2. it breaks me out a tiny bit everytime I wear it
3. the packaging gets a bit messy with finger prints

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with foundation, tinted moisturizer and foundation sticks. I have good skin with no real imperfections except for the occasional pimple every month or so. I have used LM Tinted Moistruizer in Sand for years with no real udnerstanding as to why I was using it b/c it did not really do anything, Chanel Vitalumiere, Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation and Tom Ford Foundation Stick. BB was too heavy for me and Chanel was nice and I would probably rebuy, Tom Ford Foundation Stick I use for special evenings (black tie and etc) for the perfect, polished, finished face and I use it for concealor. Okay so Dior Skin Nude...I was matched at Sephora and I really like how nice it feels on my skin and it just evened me out and looked finished. This will be great for my every day work environment (I wear suits everyday). It is $49 but that is about typical for high end foundation and I am comfortable paying this price for a product that works well and delivers the expected results

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

One of my favorite foundations. SUPER expensive, but you probably already knew that. Mine is in the shade 031(Sand) and it took me about three tries to get the shade right. I am NC25/30 and this works really well for me. It's so difficult for me to find a hydrating, but not greasy foundation at the drugstore. I alternate this with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, Chanel Vitalumiere, YSL Touche Eclat, Smashbox Liquid Halo, Lancome Teint Miracle, Guerlain Parure De Lumière, and NARS Sheer Glow. Yes, they are all high end and they are all comparable in what I want in a foundation; luminous (but not greasy), hydrating, and lightweight. The only drugstore foundation that comes close is the L'Oreal True Match Lumi. The packaging is absolutely beautiful too.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by baronchow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT: End of day 4 ... whiteheads.
------------
It's almost great for me. The color match (Sephora's new machine thingey) looked too light ... but after wearing for a bit (1/2 hour) it was a pretty good match.

Have used the generous sample for 3 days now ... by now I'd have broken out if that was going to happen with this foundation. My skin is acne prone and sensitive. No breakouts.

The finish is light and buildable. I use a makeup brush and apply lightly which looks better on my more mature skin. It doesn't cover major redness, scars, etc. ... with heavier application, well, it looks like I've tried to cover something - draws attention to those areas.

Here's why I probably won't buy it. The finish is dull and quite 'flat'. Not that I want too much glow ... but it's definitely more matte than dewy. To me, it makes any flakiness or larger pores stand out. Also, at my age ... I need help with 'natural glow' ;-)

That said, it's the best I've tried so far (done all the DS brands) and some others.

So I'm still looking for something to replace Smashbox's Tinted Moisturizer (discont.) ... loved the glow that gave me. Not heavy coverage, but just enough to make my skin look better than bare.