April 17, 2014 | 2008 users online

Polishes - OPI - German-icure by OPI

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Autumncolors

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this color! It looks sooo good on my nails. This is definately the prettiest dark red polish I've got.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by lynn7551

Such a sexy, shimmery, blackened red! A dream to apply and the shimmer makes it more forgiving than a cream formula. This, and Every Month Is Oktoberfest, are my favorite fall and winter nail colors. Both are very sexy vampy shades with enough color that they don't just look "almost black".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautiful burgandy polish. This is one I can't quit staring at, it's sooo pretty. The color is richly saturated and this looks like a deep pool of color on my fingertips. If you look closely you can see it is full of microshimmer! This was a wonderful formula to work with and the polish glides right on, does not pool or run and flood my cuticles and it even seems to self level. The polish brush is just a standard brush nothing fancy and it does the job well enough. It really didn't fan out like i like but it is flexible and applied the polish smoothly and evenly. This formula was a joy to work with as it is well pigmented and is opaque in 1 coat, but I always do 2, plus the color is much richer and deeper with 2 coats. This dried to a nice shiny finish and looks fabulous on me. The color is very warm like cinnamon and makes my skin look creamy instead of sallow or ruddy. This color says fall to me with the rusty red brown color like the leaves changing in the fall. I'd wear this beauty year 'round though because it's just that nice. This is one of those classic shades like red or pink that can be worn any time, anywhere. I've had this on for several days and done housework, cleaning, laundry, dishes, and scrubbing baseboards and floors and this polish still looks as good as day one with absolutely no chips, tip wear, or fading. I did add a fast drying top coat to this NYC Quick Dry in 202 Grand Central Station and this is a beautiful manicure. It isn't even leaving color marks on a sheet of paper should my nail scuff it. I've had good experiences with OPI's and I'm very impressed with this one. It was released last fall 2012 as part of the Germany collection but the entire collection is still easily obtainable at HEB or ULTA! This is pretty enough for the holidays too and who says you must wear Santa suit red for Christmas anyway? This is a fabulous polish no matter when you want to wear it. This one has it all, a good formula, staying power, beautiful rich color, shimmer that brings this to life, and it looks great with my skintone. 5 lippies for this luxe lacquer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This polish, from OPI's Germany collection, is quite similar to another polish from that same collection, Every Month is Oktoberfest. In the bottle, they look extremely alike, as well, but they have quite noticeable differences. The biggest is that Oktoberfest is decidedly purpleish-wine coloured and darker, with a less obvious shimmer.

German-icure is a warm, medium-dark, slightly brownish, rich red shimmer. There's a slightly metallic, rustlike quality to this one, and what I perceive as a very subtle gold edge in the strong shimmer. This polish looks surprisingly wonderful with a matte top coat, like a rich, maroon velvet. This is opaque in two coats, though the first coat is typically streaky.

This is exactly the kind of polish I love. Dark red, shimmery, richly coloured with interesting depth and finish, and on the vampy side.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by kat7inka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very beautiful, grown up color that sadly didn't get the same hype as it's sister "Every Month is Oktoberfest". It's a deep, dark shimmery marroon/chestnut with a pronounced reddish, purple tinge that prevents it from being too brown or dull looking. Another way to describe the color could be as very expensive and highly polished mahogany. Despite it's rather dark hue it doesn't look completely black in low light as so many dark colors can do, it's still beautifully colored indoor, but of course it really comes alive in direct sunlight. It reminds me of anotherOPI favorite of mine "Romeo & Juliet". Germanicure is much darker, but the overall feeling is the same.

Application was easy, and despite the shimmer I had no visible brush strokes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by mings1911

Got this accidentally when I was trying to get Every Months is Oktoberfest (there was some mix up in the blog reviews out there so be careful when ordering guys!). Still a wearable shade although not something I would have chosen for myself. The best way to describe it is a very deep burgundy. It looks black in the dark but under a little light you can see a tint of red. Under natural light it is very obviously burgundy and not black. Would recommend this if you're looking for something vampy but still classy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by scrapstitcher

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

a pretty dark red/burgundy with brown undertones and microshimmer that you can see in brighter light. this is a nice color for fall and winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Nikki_L

Meh. It's just okay. It's a dark burgundy shimmer that looks brown on me. I will use what I have but would not buy it again. It's a "safe" color for dark-skinned girls.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with pretty much all that has been said about this polish so far, and I think the description that it has a brown undertone, or kind of has the color of dried blood (as unattractive as that may sound) is accurate. With that said, this is truly a beautiful color and ends up appearing on the nail with more dimension and personality than what you see in the bottle. Definitely a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by gracep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been a bit of an unexpected success for me! Often I am sceptical of reds, especially dark ones, which often just make my slightly yellow hands looks dirty and bad. This would be especially disappointing when a colour is at the price point OPI products are. Not with this, though. Unlike with many colours this dark, when not in bright light, this colour doesn't appear black. It still has a clear warmth that shows it's colour and not black. Then in light, it really "pops." The best way to describe it is rich, classy, vampy and a metallic dried blood kind of colour. I'm really glad I got this now. I was also reluctant to because I bought it at the same time as another German line colour (Every Month Is Oktoberfest) and in their bottles, they look like almost the exact same colour. I think they aren't, though, because these metallic colours often do look different on the nail to in the bottle. I have yet to try the other, but if it is really too similar, I'll update on here so that others don't buy both too.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No