OPI German-icure by OPI

4.6

on 2/16/2015 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

If I had to choose one nail colour that I can't live without, this would be it!!! Other reviewers have described this colour spot on- a deep burgundy/chestnut with red shimmer. I find that for me, this colour is opaque with 2 coats and with a good base and top coat, it lasts for more than a week on me without chipping. I have warm toned Asian skin and I find that most nail colours enhance the yellow-ness of my hands (NOT a pretty sight), but this colour compliments my skin tone. I bought this in conjunction with 'Every Month is Oktoberfest' and I'd definitely say that Oktoberfest leans more on the purple side while German-icure on the brown. Would I repurchase? YES! This colour is amazing! I'm the type of person who likes to change my nail colours every week, but if I was told that I have to stick to only one nail colour for the rest of my life, then German-icure would be my choice without hesitation.

on 12/19/2014 5:21:00 AM

I was a bit meh on the colour in the bottle, but after applying, I was like wow! It's a complex dark red with dark undertones and shimmer... I couldn't stop looking at my nails :). It shimmered in light in a very elegant way, not in your face. I paired this with OPI Love Angel Music Baby (gold) stripes, and I was just bedazzled constantly whenever I saw them :).

on 2/17/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I absolutely love this color! It looks sooo good on my nails. This is definately the prettiest dark red polish I've got.

on 12/16/2013 10:26:00 PM

Such a sexy, shimmery, blackened red! A dream to apply and the shimmer makes it more forgiving than a cream formula. This, and Every Month Is Oktoberfest, are my favorite fall and winter nail colors. Both are very sexy vampy shades with enough color that they don't just look "almost black".

on 11/25/2013 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful burgandy polish. This is one I can't quit staring at, it's sooo pretty. The color is richly saturated and this looks like a deep pool of color on my fingertips. If you look closely you can see it is full of microshimmer! This was a wonderful formula to work with and the polish glides right on, does not pool or run and flood my cuticles and it even seems to self level. The polish brush is just a standard brush nothing fancy and it does the job well enough. It really didn't fan out like i like but it is flexible and applied the polish smoothly and evenly. This formula was a joy to work with as it is well pigmented and is opaque in 1 coat, but I always do 2, plus the color is much richer and deeper with 2 coats. This dried to a nice shiny finish and looks fabulous on me. The color is very warm like cinnamon and makes my skin look creamy instead of sallow or ruddy. This color says fall to me with the rusty red brown color like the leaves changing in the fall. I'd wear this beauty year 'round though because it's just that nice. This is one of those classic shades like red or pink that can be worn any time, anywhere. I've had this on for several days and done housework, cleaning, laundry, dishes, and scrubbing baseboards and floors and this polish still looks as good as day one with absolutely no chips, tip wear, or fading. I did add a fast drying top coat to this NYC Quick Dry in 202 Grand Central Station and this is a beautiful manicure. It isn't even leaving color marks on a sheet of paper should my nail scuff it. I've had good experiences with OPI's and I'm very impressed with this one. It was released last fall 2012 as part of the Germany collection but the entire collection is still easily obtainable at HEB or ULTA! This is pretty enough for the holidays too and who says you must wear Santa suit red for Christmas anyway? This is a fabulous polish no matter when you want to wear it. This one has it all, a good formula, staying power, beautiful rich color, shimmer that brings this to life, and it looks great with my skintone. 5 lippies for this luxe lacquer.

on 10/14/2013 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This polish, from OPI's Germany collection, is quite similar to another polish from that same collection, Every Month is Oktoberfest. In the bottle, they look extremely alike, as well, but they have quite noticeable differences. The biggest is that Oktoberfest is decidedly purpleish-wine coloured and darker, with a less obvious shimmer.

German-icure is a warm, medium-dark, slightly brownish, rich red shimmer. There's a slightly metallic, rustlike quality to this one, and what I perceive as a very subtle gold edge in the strong shimmer. This polish looks surprisingly wonderful with a matte top coat, like a rich, maroon velvet. This is opaque in two coats, though the first coat is typically streaky.

This is exactly the kind of polish I love. Dark red, shimmery, richly coloured with interesting depth and finish, and on the vampy side.

on 8/12/2013 11:25:00 AM

This is a very beautiful, grown up color that sadly didn't get the same hype as it's sister "Every Month is Oktoberfest". It's a deep, dark shimmery marroon/chestnut with a pronounced reddish, purple tinge that prevents it from being too brown or dull looking. Another way to describe the color could be as very expensive and highly polished mahogany. Despite it's rather dark hue it doesn't look completely black in low light as so many dark colors can do, it's still beautifully colored indoor, but of course it really comes alive in direct sunlight. It reminds me of anotherOPI favorite of mine "Romeo & Juliet". Germanicure is much darker, but the overall feeling is the same.

Application was easy, and despite the shimmer I had no visible brush strokes.

on 8/9/2013 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Got this accidentally when I was trying to get Every Months is Oktoberfest (there was some mix up in the blog reviews out there so be careful when ordering guys!). Still a wearable shade although not something I would have chosen for myself. The best way to describe it is a very deep burgundy. It looks black in the dark but under a little light you can see a tint of red. Under natural light it is very obviously burgundy and not black. Would recommend this if you're looking for something vampy but still classy.

a pretty dark red/burgundy with brown undertones and microshimmer that you can see in brighter light. this is a nice color for fall and winter.

on 12/22/2012 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Meh. It's just okay. It's a dark burgundy shimmer that looks brown on me. I will use what I have but would not buy it again. It's a "safe" color for dark-skinned girls.

Top Rated OPI Products