December 18, 2014 | 1739 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Eyestudio in Coral Oasis

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this quad as comfort food for myself when I realized I wouldn't be able to get my hands on Maybelline's Limited Edition Fall2012 Olive Martini quad. I didn't review any swatch photo's of Coral Oasis online or read any reviews on this first so didn't expect much from it but am so pleased with this purchase!
First the negative, the price is a bit high in my opinion of what a drugstore eyeshadow palette of 4 small eye shadow's should cost.. I paid $8 USD at WalMart for this, which means at CVS, RiteAid, and Walgreens, it's probably more like $9-10..
But the shades are so beautiful and surprisingly pigmented! One small swipe with my brush and I get enough product on it for my lid, with zero fallout.
The quad contains a light shimmery peach (browbone/highlight shade), a shimmering baby yellow, a medium orangey coral, and a deep chocolate brown that has a slight bit of shimmer but applies with a matte finish. It's kind of hard for me to describe but the brown shade is very intriguing, I don't have any other brown colors like this in terms of shade, texture, and finish. It's the perfect neutral eye palette for me. The packaging isn't the flashiest, it's your basic black, rectangular compact with a clear see-through lid, but it's sleek enough to toss in my purse and does contain a double sided applicator sponge (which is ok in quality. I prefer brushes to apply my eye shadow's but the sponge has worked for me in a pinch and does apply the shades evenly)
Overall I'm so pleasantly surprised at how far Maybelline's eye shadow's seem to have come over the years, other than the Color Tattoo's, this is the first Maybelline eye shadow I've tried in quite a while and am pleasantly surprised, highly recommend and plan to repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

all the eyeshadows are very shimmery and almost metallic looking but not glittery which is a point in their favor. It includes four colors two of which are more of neutral and two are warm. The icy pale taupe, very pale lime green that actually looks like a cross between lime green and gold, pale copper which leans towards coral and dark chocolate brown. All shadows are pigmented and blend well. And while I have cool skintone, I can get away with wearing these especially if I am wearing red/coral lips. One of the looks I tried was pale taupe to hightlight and in the corners of the eye, lime green on the lid, copper in the crease and chocolate brown as eyeliner and in the crease. This would be perfect for someone with warm coloring, especially with green or hazel eyes but I like it on myself as well. I am tempted to another one of these quads as quality seems to be really good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Coral oasis is a new eye shadow palette that contains: a pale peach with silver shimmers,a metallic lime green with green shimmers,a metallic shimmery copper,a metallic burgundy-brown.It goes well on the application,it last long! it`s a verry nice palette that goes well with:peach,nude,burgundy lipsticks! love it!