November 23, 2014 | 977 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Colorstay Quad "Addictive"

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Alright, recently i've been looking into trying out more neutrals looks with eyeshadows. I actually never ever wear eyeshadow, so this is kind of a big deal. Well I came across this one in Shoppers last week and I thought the colors looked pretty easy to start with. A lot of people who have reviewed this product have mentioned that the colors aren't really all that pigmented. Which is true, they're not. If you use a primer though, they show up a little bit better. I ended up banging out the most perfect neutral eyeshadow and eyeliner look i've ever EVER done. It looked like something that could have been put on pinterest. I was so proud of myself! This quad was a total win.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by MandyLynn90

I was excited when I found these pretty colors but there not pigmented at all. I gave it to my mom who doesn't really wear make up! Save your self the money and buy wet n wild eyeshadow in walking on eggshells

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by AmazingBella

I agree with the user that said i don't find much luck when it comes to drugstore shadows so i saw this palette and had really low hopes for it but something was telling me to try it out anyway. The shadows certainly aren't the best quality but definitely not the worst . I find myself reaching for it a lot and i do think you can make many different looks out of it. It also works well with other shadows in my collection. i don't regret buying it but i probably wouldn't purchase again because i have so many neutrals in my collection already.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Sarahjuang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like these eyeshadows at all, they aren't pigmented at all, they look muddled on my lid and when swatched some of the colors look exactly the same. I don't really mind spending a lot of money on makeup but I really really regret spending the $6 I spent on this, I don't think I will get any use out of this quad because the colors aren't even pigmented enough to use with other eyeshadows. This quad turned me off a lot and I don't think I will be repurchasing other eyeshadows from this line.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by spaingirl87

So, I really wanted to like the this product, but it wasn't what I expected. The colors are not very pigmented and takes a lot of digging with my brush to get the color I want. The only one that picks up instantly is the bottom right one and that one is actually muddy and not as pretty as I hoped ( hoping for a warmer brown). I had high hopes that this would be a great neutral eyeshadow palette, but it isn't . I wish I had spent my money on the Sonia kashuk 19.99 palette, which I hear is a great neutral palette. However I gave this a better rating b/c it did have great staying power and didn't crease and does last all day. However I often prime my eyelids with my concealer. It also has very nice packaging, and is very nice to travel with.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by lucyfw

I really like this product and was surprised to see some pretty harsh reviews of it. For a drugstore/high st product, it is definitely worth purchasing. I was looking for a neutral eyeshadow quad which would be easy to use - specifically with brown/taupe tones - and have found this to be perfect for these needs. My favourite shade is the bottom left one - a medium taupe with a subtle hint of shimmer (this is not as noticeable when on the eyelid). To be honest, I rarely use all four eyeshadows together. I like to mix the shades with other eyeshadows. For example, I also own the Revlon Siren eyeshadow quad and like to mix the shades for a smokey eye. I apply the shades usually with a Sigma E25 shading brush after either powdering the eyelid or using Bobbi Brown Cream eyeshadow in Bone as a primer. Using this method, I have found the shades to be quite long-lasting. I have also been quite impressed with the packaging. Unlike normal eyeshadow quads, the packaging works well in keeping them separate. I have even dropped the quad on the floor multiple times and the eyeshadows have not moved an inch. Excellent product - just be more careful with it than me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like it, too. I was looking for a trio or quad to take with me on vacation so I didn't have to drag around so much stuff. I have several, but it seems that almost all of them are too sparkly. I wanted matte, and I totally got it with this one. One of the medium shades has a little bit of shimmer to it, but that's ok. The light shade works great as a base, and the darkest shade is just dark enough but not too dark for the crease. I had no trouble with the pigment. Seems just right to me. I usually use brushes, but I found that even the little applicator that comes with the product works fine with this. What a surprise! I like the texture. It doesn't flake, and it stays on. Quite pleased.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had bad experiences with drugstore eyeshadows (except wet n wild) in the past. I figured since the drugstore has been on a roll with awesome makeup products, I would give these eyeshadows a try. This quad sucks soooo bad. Colors are chalky and not pigmented. Only 2 colors that are alright are the cream and silver/taupe shades. Other than that, I wouldn't wanna try any other quads from this line or from any other drugstore brand besides wet n wild. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Regan7374

At first glance I thought I would love this neutral quad. But unfortunately, I find that the shades look a slight bit darker than my skin tone and it doesn't look too great. The price was fairly inexpensive for a quad but I don't think I will be purchasing again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by karieygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

To my own fault, I tend to steer clear of drugstore eye shadows and for the reasons why I don't like this product: it's chalky, void of pigmentation, and takes a lot of layering to see 3/4 of the colors.
I was at Walgreens today and seeing as Revlon was BOGO1/2OFF, I decided to pick up a foundation and *gasp* try a drugstore eye shadow palette. I came home and promptly tried it out in hopes that it would be something I'd fall in love with! Unfortunately, I didn't. I expected the first color to not show up as much-as it's essentially flesh toned- but not the other three.
I will be taking this one back and trying a different line of drugstore eye shadow in hopes of finding the perfect one.
In my opinion: steer clear of this palette unless you want eye shadows that have major fall out, are powdery, and 3/4 hardly show up at all.