Revlon Super Lustrous PEARL Lipsticks

3.3

on 6/17/2014 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Well ladies, condering how many of us LOVE pearl finish colors in the SL line, I say we all come and let our voices be heard.

Pearl has the right amount of shimmer for today, not 1960's frosted, but much more subtle. For some of the more subdued colors (like Smoky Rose, one of my very favorites), the pearl finish keeps the color from looking too flat on the lips. And what would a bronze shade like #377 Bronzed Lamé look like in a creme? Just another brownish red. The pearl finish gives it that extra pop (this may be my new favorite red to wear with a little black dress or for a night on the town).

I personally do not find the pearls to be any more (or less) dry than the cremes.

on 6/24/2013 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I'm not a fan of the pearl finish at all! To me, this finish tends to be drying and not as pigmented as the creme finish lipsticks from revlon.

on 9/3/2012 8:52:00 AM

I had to break this up. Revlon's SL lippies get rave reviews. But I have found that, for me, there are two different levels of love. I love the Creme finishes. The Matte ones can be nice too. But oy-vey, do I have problems with the Pearl finishes. In my head, every time I make the mistake of buying a Pearl finish, I imagine a glossy looking lipstick. However, what I end up with is either glitter or frost...two of my least favorite things in a lippie. The colors are great in this finish, but I just do not feel right at almost 40 years old with glitter or frost on my lips. I am leaving the finish at a 3 lippie rating because there are some that do come off as I like, but many I have tried fall into the glitter or frost category.

Popular Lipsticks