October 1, 2014 | 1863 users online

Treatments (Face) - Yes To Carrots - Yes To Tomatoes Repairing Acne Lotion

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really looking forward to using this product, as I wanted to try something that has less chemical ingredients and preservatives. While this product does get rid of spots, it contains alcohol and witch hazel which isn't good for your skin in the long run, and likely increases skin sensitivity. Also, this has a really awful scent to it; I'm not normally sensitive to scents, but this one is really off-putting, and it has a tendency to linger. I would not recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading so many positive reviews on MUA and Ulta I decided to give this product a try. I'm so glad I did! Within a few days of use I noticed that my skin was not only was it clearing, it was healing up well. My pores seemed to have tightened and minimize their appearance. It's been a few weeks now and my skin has improved dramatically! No new blemishes and alot of my acne scars and marks are lightening! The best part is that the product is pretty much all natural! The smell is different but nothing horrible. I really like this product and are so thankful for it! I can't imagine life without it

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ChelseaMSW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!!!!! It feels a little strange going on, like a thin serum that won't quite sink in and sits on your skin, BUT I've never had the first problem with this stuff pilling up underneath my moisturzer or night cream. Each time I have used it when my skin felt clogged or stressed or when I was already having active breakouts, I saw a big improvement in clarity by the next morning! The pump packaging is fantastic, you get a decent amount for the price (especially if you catch a sale on the company website), and I love the high percentage of natural ingredients in the Yes To produts. Definitely will buy again, and have already bought for my teenage sister and several friends.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by paf0009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Unfortunately, I haven't noticed any positive results from using this repairing lotion at night. To be fair, I haven't seen any negative results as well so I guess I will not be buying this again. I applied this on damp face (after toning with aloe vera juice). It would be a bit sticky at first and then it dries comfortably. It really didn't seem to calm or prevent any breakouts which is the reason why, after using for about a month, I kind of stop using it. I still have a decent amount left so if it did work, it would last for a while. Also, I noticed it contains two alcohols; I am not sure if they are bad for skin, but I do not like the idea of applying products with alcohol on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by lkeeney1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this lotion, I thought it was going to be more of a serum and was surprised to find it's more of a watery, gel-like substance (slime is the word that springs to mind more than serum). I tried it for a few weeks and saw no results so I stuck in the back of my stash for a while.
A few months passed and I decided to give it another go. This time, I was amazed at the results,: my acne started clearing up, old scars seemed to disappear, my skin looked brighter. Overall, my complexion greatly improved. Once I ran out, my skin immediately went back to being dull and red. So this product does work, but the results aren't guaranteed.
The other problem with this product is availability. I originally purchased it at Target, but I can now only find it in a pack with two other Say Yes to Tomatoes products for twice the price. And as the brand can be pretty hit or miss, I don't want to spend the money and find out the other two products suck. It is available online at both Target and Ulta, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by SaraxD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this at Walmart, and I'm giving my initial review (I will update in a few weeks).

When I first pumped it out, I noticed it was more of a liquid, not a lotion. It looks and feels like mucus to me, but that doesn't bother me as long as it works. I spread it on my face, and as I was working it in, I felt it drying. It dried nicely. A few minutes later I noticed a slight tightening feeling and very very slight burning/itching. My face is a bit red now, the stinging is gone. My face feels more dry than anything, so I will probably layer another moisturizer on top. For now, I'm not too impressed, but it's not horrible. I will discontinue use and will not repurchase if it continues to burn my face.

Note: The texture of this after drying seems like it would be fantastic for oily skinned people to use under makeup. It's very smooth and would be a great base for makeup. However, I have severely dry skin, so I need more moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by thegorgeousgretchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in the Yes to Tomatoes 3-Step Acne Regimen Bundle for about $20 & I'm in love! I've suffered with very oily acne prone skin for the last 5+ years and I've tried so many things with no avail, until now!
I'm 15 weeks pregnant & have recently switched all of my body products to as natural, organic, and gentle as I can find. I first tried the Cetaphil cleanser for about a month but it did nothing for my acne, redness, and oil. In fact I saw a very noticeable increase in the size of my pores!
I've been using this Yes to Tomatoes bundle for just under two weeks and my skin has dramatically changed for the better. I had* an overly red face similar to that of rosacea but this has reduced it significantly. My pores are shrinking and the large/painful breakouts have stopped! Only wish I'd found this years ago!

Comments on this being Step 2 of the bundle:
-moisturizes well
-has a pump (which I love)

Tip: Make sure to buy the bundle if you use either of the 2 products because you save money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I have oily, combination, acne-prone skin that is riddled with clogged pores. I tried this lotion because my sister said it worked well for her as a face lotion.

Pros:

-Super lightweight (the texture is gel/serum like), definitely moisturizing enough for an extremely oily skinned person. For others or combo skinned you might want/need something in addition to this
-Salicylic acid does exfoliate and help with acne breakouts. My skin was smoother, similar to results I've had with other salicylic acid products.
-Smells good, not medicinal, chemical or fake flowery. Scent doesn't linger either.

Cons:

-Doesn't help with cystic acne/hormonal flareups
-Isn't strong enough for me--I need prescription grade medications to exfoliate my skin.

Overall: I would buy this product again. I don't find it to be better or worse than Alba salicylic acid product I've tried so maybe I'll purchase that again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Jesse806

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only lotion/moisturizer that doesn't break me out. I love love looovvvveeee how its almost all natural. It is really good for oily skin and of course acne prone skin. I use it every once in awhile because I don't necessarily need it every night. I really like the pump dispenser. It is pretty expensive, but its worth it. Just don't overdo putting it on your face because too much may cause a little more oily skin. I recommend this product 100%.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by arianell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this lotion as part of a 3-piece "Yes To Tomatoes" starter kit at Target, along with the brand's Pore Scrub and a spot-treatment rollerball. I mostly bought the set for the scrub, but this lotion has totally blown me away. I've been using it diligently for about a month as part of my nighttime skincare routine; in that time, it has done wonders for controlling my oily skin throughout the day, and it has made my skin super smooth, along with really helping to even out my skin tone. I've honestly never had a single skincare product make this much of a difference.

I also really like the pump dispenser. It's hygenic, and it's very easy to get exactly the amount of product you want.

I'll definitely be repurchasing this very soon.