September 17, 2014 | 2094 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - La Couleur Eyeshadow in 034 Pepsy Coral

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a coral iridescent finish eyeshadow. It comes in a small round case with no applicator so must be applied with a brush or a fingertip.

I was completely sold after looking at the display picture. On the model's eyes it had a gradation from almost a golden peach to shimmering white. Alas, there is no such effect when you apply it to your eyelids. From the picture, it would appear there are two shades in the container, but there aren't. It's just a plain, slightly iridescent peachy coral eyeshadow which is not dramatic at all - and to shoot the photo they would have had to add a white glitter dust of some kind to make those fantastic effects. I really wish they didn't do fake ads like this. I actually tried adding several of my most sparkly white shadows and glitters, both powder and cream, and could not duplicate the look.

This reminds me of a CoverGirl eyeshadow palette about 3 years ago which came in about 5 different sets of colours. The colour combination on the model could not be achieved with any of the palettes. I bought all of them and mixed and matched endlessly, to no avail.

I guess all the cosmetic companies enhance their model's photos in order to make it look more beautiful and dramatic. But I mean really, I think we would all like to know what we are buying! To use different products and not mention it is just not right. It said right on the display ad that the model was wearing the L'Oreal Pepsy Coral shade. It did not mention they added something else to make that effect. People want to know how to achieve it - at least list everything that was used.

This L'Oreal shadow is about $16 Canadian, but was 20 percent off today which is the only reason I bought it impulsively. Terrible impulse buy - almost anything would have been better. I don't know how often I'll use this - but since I got it, I'll try mixing it with other shades. Maybe I'll find a winning combination.