Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer

3.9

Water/Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camelia Oleifera leaf Extract, Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Extract, Phytantriol, Montmorillonite, Illite, Kaolin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocophery Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, May Contain (+/_) Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). Concealer: Ingredients: Isostearyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Isostearyl Behenate, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina, Kaolin, Ozokerite, Dimethicone, Polyamide-5, Silica, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Tribehenin, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Behenate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain (+/_) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this because I saw it was a high re-buy percentage on makeupalley and wanted to try a new foundation to see if it would cover all of my imperfections i've been dealing with lately. I don't remember the exact shade I got, but unfortunately it's a little too light. I wish I would have gotten a shade 1-2 times darker. But the display was a little jumbled at Ulta so I think it made me a little frazzled. Anyways, I like the concealer on top although i don't use it often. Sometimes I will for my under eyes but that's it. I don't have any major issues under my eyes and it seems to set well. I like how te concealer out comes off the top of the bottle and I like the scoop that deposits the foundation. The foundation itself is pretty creamy and a medium coverage but could probably be heavy if you applied another layer. I use my beauty blender to apply it and its nice but i don't think anything special. It covers about the same as my revlon foundations and those are way cheaper. Sometimes I mix a MUFE foundation that I have in a really dark almost orangey color to make it a little darker. It leaves a slightly dewy finish. As far as the staying power, I haven;t had any issues with it coming off. I've had it on since 11:00 am today and it's now almost 5:00 PM and it still looks good. Overall it is nice and am glad I tried it, although I wish I would have picked a better color. I will use it up but won't try again as there are other foundations I want to try.

This is the best medium to full coverage foundation I have used. Unlike Estee Lauder's Double Wear which feels like a horrible rubber mask on my skin, this feels very natural. I tried a Givency foundation which isn't even a full oz and it did not have this level of coverage.

The only downside to this is I have very oily skin and with this one I do need powder mid-day.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I tried a sample of this recently and I was amazed at the coverage and how flawless it looked on my skin.
I have quite normal skin so I don't have any major issues with oiliness or dryness like I used too.

I apply it with a beauty blender which sheers it out and gives a nice medium coverage and is easily build able to a full coverage with an extra layer

I use the smashbox hydration photo finish primer and works really well with that if you tend to have a few dry patches

for the first few uses i noticed it would melt off around my chin and nose at around hour 8 of wearing it but I wasn't using a setting spray because i wanted to see the length it could go for without it and then today i used urban decay all nighter spray and it's been on for 8 hours now and still looks flawless so i recommend wearing a setting spray for adding even longer wearing

It doesn't feel too heavy and leaves almost photoshop finish to your face!

The foundation last really well in the heat and doesn't become oil slick which i find with most foundations so i am really happy with this product and will continue to buy it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Was recommended this by a SA. It works well on normal to oily skin, but I would not recommend it for dry. After wearing it for a while with no concerns, I upped my acne treatment recently which has caused my skin to dry out significantly and this did not look good. My face looked scaly and awful. Also, this doesn't seem to work to well on non silicone primers, it tended to break apart a little. I wouldn't say that it "stays all day", but it does last 7-8 hours. Not bad, but my Revlon Colorstay does a better job, and is cheaper too.
The concealer doesn't last as long as the foundation, but is still a very nice product.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This foundation retails for 44 USD, which is typical price for mid range. I had high hopes for this foundation and didn’t sample it first. When I’m spending more than $30,I usually ask for a sample, before spending $ on something I may not like. I purchased this at Ulta. My local Sephora (in JCP) doesn’t carry it, I did see it on their website, though.

I don’t own any other foundations that are packaged like this. This isn’t only a foundation, there’s also a pot of concealer, and a little mirror in the top- which is super convenient when I’m on the go. They were nice enough to include a foundation brush. I could never apply my foundation using the (#35) brush, once I ‘paint my face’ there’s no way of blending out foundation using this brush. It’s pretty much useless. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there was a spatula instead of the traditional pump.I usually consider anything without a pump unsanitary, but I actually like scooping product onto a mixing palette, and applying it from there. I’m not sure how easy it will be to dig out product once I start running low, but...- overall, I really like the concept.

There are a total of 15 shades. I’m currently wearing Cocoa #16 and it matches my skin tone perfectly. (For some reason, there is no #12.) This is my favorite foundation, in the summer, when I’m at my most oily. The satin finish keeps the oils at bay throughout the day. This foundation provides medium to full coverage- I, personally wouldn’t apply more than 1-2 layers of product. I don’t have to color correct any discoloration, one layer immediately covers everything. I always use my favorite sponge to apply, using a damp sponge sheers it out, and presses the product into the skin. I haven’t had any issues with it oxidizing or fading as I get further into the day. I usually apply this foundation at 8AM and it stays put until I take it off at night around 10. I have sensitive skin and I haven’t experienced any irritation or anything like that.

I’ve used the concealer a hand full of times and I don’t have anything bad to say about it.I immediately noticed how creamy it is. This concealer has a lot of ‘slip’ to it, first time wearing it, I didn’t trust it to stay all day- surprisingly, it holds up throughout the day without any noticeable fading. The foundation covers everything I need covered, which is why I don’t get much use out of the concealer.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation wears really amazing. it is full coverage. the only reason i didnt give it 5 lipsticks is because of the packaging. the concealer is too dry and sticky for me. i love that it doesn't break me out either. one con is that it will get cakey if u put too much powder on. it definitely wears better alone

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have oily, acne-prone skin so finding a medium/full coverage foundation is a must for me! A girl at Sephora recommended this foundation for my skin type because the formula is oil free and it stays on all day. I bought this in Light and it's a perfect match to my skintone. This blends seamless into my skin so it's not cakey. The coverage is leaning towards medium, but you can keep layering without it getting too cakey. I think using a flat foundation brush (not the one it comes with) is the best method of application because my face gets an even satin-like finish. You can also get away with using clean hands to apply this. I did try this with a stippling brush, buffing brush, and a damp Beauty Blender, but they all thin out the consistency and create a too matte and dry look. If you want to mattify this, I recommend dusting a light layer of translucent powder (Make Up For Ever). The packaging is nice except I don't care much for the concealer. It does a decent job hiding acne scars, but it's too light for my tastes. I can also live without the brush it comes with as my MAC foundation brush is far superior. However I like the spatula because I get to control how much product I want and I never have to deal with a clogged pump like some foundations have. Overall, I am satisfied with.this foundation and it's the best one I've used. I definitely will repurchase this.

Very glad this was just a sample pot.. I have normal/combo skin but from the moment I put this on it was the oiliest look I've ever seen my face! Definitely need powder with this and I'm not a fan of having to powder several times a day like you will with this. Even except from the oily look I got no positives from this..lightest shade bit too yellow for me..flaked under my eyes where I forgot my eye cream and does not last all day. A real thumbs down from me I'm afraid

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This product has the stupidest concept of how you get the foundation out it is very messy and inconvenient. Also, the concealer is not very convenient to get out to apply to your face and the small brush has rough bristles. The little brush that comes with the foundation is very difficult to work with. The foundation itself does not last all day, it transfers very easily it is also very thick and cakey. I would not recommend this product to anyone with oily skin. I absolutely hated this product it would never repurchase it again. I'm disappointed I wasted $44 at Ulta and the color match was a little too dark that the makeup rep sold me. However, I still would not repurchase this product if the color matched my skin perfectly. This product was definitely a thumbs down, in a nutshell it sucked.

I love this foundation!!

I have been using studio fix fluid but was finding it really wasn't giving me that youthful natural finish that I think looks best. So I have been on the hunt for my HG foundation over the past few months - essentially going on a 'sample quest'. I don't want to get ahead of myself but I think I may have found the one!

I feel like it truly looks like skin not too dewey but not too matte either and it really does stay on all day.

Pros
- long lasting
- gorgeous natural finish
- natural, build-able coverage
- comes with a concealer (which I thought was cute)
- doesn't dry my skin

Cons
- packaging is a little bulky and fiddly (a very small price to pay)

For some people the price might be an issue because at $65 AUD its not exactly cheap but in my opinion that is money well spent.

I was going to take off a point for packaging but I thought - it's packaging - who cares?? Much better to have a amazing product so I'm rating it 5/5!