December 21, 2014 | 1702 users online

Foundations - Stila - Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by 19360

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i like this stuff, but i wouldn't say i love it. it's not exceptional for skin like mine. i have incredibly sensitive combination skin and my chin is prone to breakouts. i didn't have any strange reactions to this foundation, fortunately. it's about as standard as some drug store products i've tried. i got matched at high end make up place up the street from where i live and the lady was raving about how there wasn't even a line and how it was a perfect match for my skin. so, i decided to go for it and buy a bottle of it. i wouldn't say it was worth 50$ but that's okay.
for this particular foundation, i apply a gentle lotion beforehand and top it off with mineral setting powder and it lasts for hours on end. without the mineral powder, however, the makeup won't stay in place on my face. it just slides right off after a mere hour. the coverage is good, but it needs a little somethin' to help it stay.
i had a recent allergic reaction and this stuff saved my butt with it's great coverage, so i don't regret the purchase but i think i'll try something different next time.
lastly, i dislike the concealer, though. it doesn't do anything for my blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by AmyzLips

When I first starting using this product I was unsure. The foundation is a bit thicker then the other foundations I've used. I usually use a flat top brush to apply my foundation, but with this foundation I find using a sponge or my fingers works best in application. A good Medium coverage. I have the lightest shade Bare, and it matches my winter skin the best. It stays most of the day, about 8 hours. The finish is slightly dewy, which I like.

Not a huge fan of the concealer, it is a bit thick and not good for under eye, but it is good for acne scars.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by kmgal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product quite a bit. I have dry, slightly sensitive skin and thus works wonders for my skin!!! I use it over porefessional primer and I use the porefessional powder over it and my skin looks amazing!!!! I bought it as an impulse buy but so happy I did. The packaging is a little annoying with the concealer on the cap but it has a nice medium coverage and the foundation can give you a medium-full coverage. Wouldn't recommend for people with oily skin but for people with dry skin this is the product for you!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Lakelynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hadn't realized that my other make-up was breaking me out until I switched to this foundation. It has a great consistency and is easy to buff with one of those sponge things. The color is almost perfect. I am fair skinned with golden undertones. The key is to start with a little and gradually add more. If you use too much it will look streaky and won't blend well. It doesn't break you out as long as you don't cake it on. Less is more! May as well throw the brush that comes with it away. I don't understand why it is included. I recommend getting a Stila brush and dot foundation on trouble spots and then blend out with a sponge. I can wear this all day even if I sweat while working out it still stays on. For example, I was riding my bike and got caught in the rain. I had expected my face to be a mess, but it looked almost as good as when I put it on earlier. If you have dry skin just wet your brush a little before applying, it really helps. I top off with Stila's illuminating powder just to set it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is literally the only long wearing foundation I have ever tried that DOES NOT oxidize on me. The coverage is med. - full (one layer is medium, two layers is full); I apply this with a cosmetic sponge as the texture is pretty thick; I just stipple it on, and buff it in with the sponge before it sets. I could see this working well with a Beauty Blender too, but I prefer not too sheer it out that much as I have a lot of redness to cover. There is no pump, but a plastic application to scoop some of the product out. The only thing I didn't care much for was the concealer as it is too thick and does not blend well on my skin; it also creases like crazy under my eyes.

I would say that this foundation lasts about 8 - 9 hours on me before any noticable fading, and my skin usually EATS my foundation within 4 hours. All in all, a good foundation if you need coverage, don't have time to touch up your makeup all day AND fall into the narrow colour range this foundation has.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by LWLook

Not my favorite.

I have this in Bare, the lightest of the shades. It looks pretty good upon first application, but after an hour it oxidizes and looks extremely yellow and a bit too dark for my complexion.

It comes in an open container with a scoop/spoon on the top to get the product out.
Not very hygienic, but better than using your fingers.
In theory, I like the idea of having a matching concealer in the cap of the foundation, but it's not great. It's medium coverage at best and is a little too emollient for my taste.

It lasted a few hours before I had a bit of oil breakthrough, but I think "stay all day" is a bit of a stretch.

I can't even bring myself to finish the bottle.
For the price, I think there are much better foundations out there.
I'd pass on this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I hate to say it, but I honestly can't find a single positive thing to say about this foundation. I was recommended this by a SA at Ulta. She matched me to Shade 3 Light. It seemed okay in the store, but this foundation oxidizes something awful. Shade 3 was sold out at Ulta, so I ended up buying it at Sephora. Since it oxidizes so bad, the Shade 3 was way too dark. So I exchanged it for the next shade down. Shade 2 Fair.

Packaging-I really HATE the packaging of this makeup. The little scoop thing is pretty much useless. Either you don't get hardly any out, or you get a ton. I felt like I was wasting a lot of product.

Price-in my opinion, this foundation is way overprice. It isn't worth $44.

Coverage-the coverage was okay. It amplified the flaws on my face. It settled into the bumps in my face. I found it really hard to blend evenly.

But probably my biggest complaint about this foundation is that it never dried completely. Even at mid-day, it still felt sticky to the touch.

Staying power-again, okay, but nothing spectacular. I found it lasted about 7-8 hours. Even with primer. That isn't bad, but I would expect more from a foundation that claims to last 12 hours and has "stay all day" in the name.

In the end, I ended up returning this to Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by boda55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of this foundation! I have pretty dry skin which seems to be what it works best with, it gives me a nice dewy finish and especially when I use a beautyblender it makes my face look flawless!! I have NC40 skin and the Medium 9 is a great match for me in the summer, but a little too orangey for winter. The concealer is a really good color match but I find it pretty average in terms of coverage.

The only thing I HATE is the packaging!!! I don't get why you would need the unnecessarily long top where the concealer is, cause there sure as hell isn't that much concealer in there! The top part just slides off so it comes off easily in my makeup bag, but thankfully there is still a screw top for the foundation so it doesn't spill. Also the brush that comes with it is sooooo streaky and terrible, I dont know what they were thinking on that one. But thanks to a tip here I use it to apply my Mint Julep mask because I hate getting it under my fingernails and it works great!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by luusk1125

This foundation is great idea foundation and concealer in one. The conealer is great the color match is great but wish you can by it seperate because it runs out before the foundation. The foundation is pasty and sticky and has medium to full coverage but to get full coverage you have to cake it on. Its not good for oily skin or combination dry skin oily mess but good on the dry parts. It hate how it feel on pasty sticky and skin can't breath.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by domonique815

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only reason I don't like it is because I have combination skin. Some areas of my skin is dry and it works beautifully, and some are oils and it makes me look greasy. This would for sure be for someone who has dry skin, and they want a dewy finish. Also it says medium to full coverage, and for me, I feel like I had to cake it on too really get the full coverage. Also the concealer is no good. I would rather use my $1 elf liquid concealor and get better coverage.