Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer

Water/Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camelia Oleifera leaf Extract, Gynostemma Pentaphyllum Extract, Phytantriol, Montmorillonite, Illite, Kaolin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocophery Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, May Contain (+/_) Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). Concealer: Ingredients: Isostearyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Isostearyl Behenate, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina, Kaolin, Ozokerite, Dimethicone, Polyamide-5, Silica, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Tribehenin, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Behenate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, May Contain (+/_) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 9/2/2015 5:07:00 AM

I love this foundation!!

I have been using studio fix fluid but was finding it really wasn't giving me that youthful natural finish that I think looks best. So I have been on the hunt for my HG foundation over the past few months - essentially going on a 'sample quest'. I don't want to get ahead of myself but I think I may have found the one!

I feel like it truly looks like skin not too dewey but not too matte either and it really does stay on all day.

Pros
- long lasting
- gorgeous natural finish
- natural, build-able coverage
- comes with a concealer (which I thought was cute)
- doesn't dry my skin

Cons
- packaging is a little bulky and fiddly (a very small price to pay)

For some people the price might be an issue because at $65 AUD its not exactly cheap but in my opinion that is money well spent.

I was going to take off a point for packaging but I thought - it's packaging - who cares?? Much better to have a amazing product so I'm rating it 5/5!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Not bad. Stays on well. Have to mix colors to achieve perfect shade (I have very yellow undertones). I like the consistency. Not a fan of the packaging. Would prefer a pump to the scoop for hygienic reasons. I found a work around and it's ok but I waste quite a bit of product. Will keep for now.

on 8/11/2015 10:43:00 AM

Okay, so this foundation isn't exactly groundbreaking - but I think it's the best I've found so far. I feel like oil control is actually quite poor, but when I set with silica powder (I use un-powder by rms beauty) it stays solidly all day. The thing is, when oil DOES come through, it doesn't completely break down. It all stays in place, I just get super shiny, so even a few dabs of blotting powder sorts that out.

The thing that really attracts me to this stuff is how gentle it is on my skin. No nasty ingredients, and it doesn't irritate my skin whatsoever - in fact, I think my skin looks better when I wear this consistently. Perhaps it's just the first foundation I've used that hasn't irritated my skin, but my face really cleared up after I started wearing this stuff.

It is very lightweight for the amount of coverage, which is moderate and can be built up to almost full. It looks very skin like, not made up at all. Won't completely cover pimples but you should have a concealer for that business anyways. I personally get a very flawless result (with use of concealer of course). Also, I am extremely pale and the lightest shade is perfect for me, hurrah!.

The thing that really annoys me about this product is the packaging... the scooper thing makes it impossible to get the product out of the bottom of the package. I end up having to stick the end of my eyeliner brush in there to get the product at the bottom (which still lasts weeks so it is quite a substantial amount of product). Product also oozes out of the top after a few uses, not cute.

Last but not least, the included concealer and brush are both completely useless. Please do not judge this foundation following application with that brush - it looks like something a child should use to play with cheap shop paints.

All in all, it is the foundation that I keep reaching for, I have repurchased and will continue to do so. Being a foundation junkie (I have been looking for the *perfect* base product FOREVER!), I have an entire makeup bag full of nearly full bottles of foundation (Chanel, MAC, Lancome, you name it I've tried it) that I've used once and haven't liked (Australia has no returns on used makeup, sigh). With this in mind, it is really quite a big deal that I have stopped looking at other foundations - it shows me that I must really love this stuff. It isn't perfect, but it works for me!

on 7/24/2015 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have super dry, flaky, eczema prone and quite pale skin, and this foundation is the best I've ever tried. I've had everything from Kryolan to Maybelline to Make Up For Ever, and this is by far the most impressive. I didn't know foundations could feel this moisturising. I've tried it twice so far and it blends beautifully, even over the flaky red eczema patch on my cheek. My concealer looks SO good under and over it, and the shade matches me and my neutral-golden undertones perfectly. Can be streaky when you apply with a brush but is stunning blended out with a sponge. Packaging is clean, sleek and practical. No scent, slightly dewy finish but soft finish, controls oil fairly well. Recommend for sure!

I have combination skin with the occasional zit, and lately I've had a problem with foundations I have always loved suddenly looking flaky on me. I don't know if it's the heat and humidity or what, but it's been discouraging.
So yesterday at Ulta I bought this on a whim in shade #2. Perfect match to my skin when blended. I didn't hate the brush like some folks seem to, it was fine to get the foundation evenly spread on my skin, then I just kind of buffed it with my fingers to blend fully. It looked very natural, not like I had a ton of makeup on. It covered everything I wanted covered with a demi-matte natural finish. Very pretty!
I used a little NYX HD setting powder on my t-zone, and my foundation lasted beautifully all day.
Very happy with this purchase!

on 7/22/2015 12:52:00 AM

Has a great finish and great coverage. The concealer is a little slippery on my combo skin and doesn't provide enough coverage for my dark undereye area so to me it's useless. I'm not a huge fan of the foundation applicator because there isn't a clean efficient way to distribute it across your face. The one thing that I really had trouble with was that with prolonged use it caused to break out. If it wasn't for that I would use this foundation all the time despite any other cons I've mentioned. Does last a long time without being too matte and flat.

on 6/22/2015 10:34:00 AM

I love, love, LOVE this foundation. I don't want to jinx myself, but, I'm almost positive that I have finally found my HG foundation. It actually does stay ALL day. Even when it's hot. ALL day. Crazy. My skin kinda does its own thing. It gets pretty oily, but I also go through dry spells. My pores are usually pretty pronounced (AKA huge!), and it's hard to find a foundation that doesn't make them look worse or make me oiler. This is THE one for me. I don't think the color range is my favorite, they almost all tend to appear on the yellow side to me, and I'm a very fair, pink and neutral. I usually mix 1 and 2 together to get a good shade for me. So, overall, I adore this foundation. It's probably the best I've ever tried! ❤❤❤❤❤

on 5/14/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Stila Stay All Day foundation/concealer unfortunately didn't work for me at all. I have very oily skin and, based on some other reviews, it sounds like it works better on dry skin. The coverage isn't that great then it completely melts off my skin. I also do all the prep (skin cleanse, face serum, primer, etc) and setting with powder, but it just didn't hold at all for me. My skin is definitely hard to fit though. So if you have overall good luck with long wear foundations, you might be able to use this. Also, in other areas like pricing, it's expensive and the spatula dispenser is a little messy and wasteful. I am sticking with Kat Von D Lock It tattoo make up or Make Up Forever Mat Velvet.

on 5/12/2015 10:13:00 AM

I wanted to love this foundation. I really, truly did. I tried so hard. I even bought it! Full price!!! But this foundation does not love me.
I was matched as a hue 5, which surprised me considering I match as a 1 in hourglass and the second shade in most other brands that I have tried, and it gave me a warm slightly tanned look. Which was awesome. But I found the coverage to me lacking for a 'medium coverage' foundation as it barely managed to cover the few breakouts I had along my jaw and on my cheeks.

The other issue was oil control. Even with hourglass veil underneath I was SERIOUSLY OILY within 5 hours! Like powdering over this literally did not even work.

And even though the colour was great and the coverage was bareable, it was this lack of oil control that has forced me to return it. I'm going to try the hourglass illusion instead!

on 4/30/2015 1:19:00 AM

Love, love, love this foundation! Full coverage that actually stays all day. I have dry skin and this helps keep it moisturizer. Also I find compared to other foundations it doesn't oxidize very quickly and turn orange like others I have tried from the drug store. The concealer is awesome as well. The brush is useless but I tend to use a beauty blender for everything anyway.