September 21, 2014 | 1968 users online

BB Cream - Daiso - BB Face Cream

rated 3.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

This BB seems to only be obtainable from DAISO Japan stores, with MSRP 315 yen (about US$4) for 35g of product. It is the cheapest BB I have come across. It's offered in three yellow-toned shades. I can't remember the name of the lightest one, but the other two are Light and Ochre, the latter best described as being a light-medium shade.

The texture of this BB is very runny and pretty sheer once it's blended onto the skin. It's also very moisturizing; it kind of reminds me of a tinted moisturizer, with its light coverage. Unlike most other BB creams, Daiso's BB doesn't flaunt an SPF rating anywhere on its packaging, but its second ingredient is titanium dioxide, which is a sunscreen ingredient. So I'm not sure that this has sun protection; to be safe, I would layer a sunscreen product on before applying this BB.

Once applied, this BB has a dewy finish that will probably add freshness and radiance to dry skin, but will be an added slickness for oilier skin types such as mine. Oily skin types might appreciate a matte powder foundation or setting powder dusted over this BB to help control the moisture that might otherwise come through in less than 3 hours. I have had to blot around 3 times in a single day while wearing this BB; in addition to being the cheapest BB I've seen on the market, it is also the oiliest I have used, which attributes to its texture being similar to a tinted moisturizer.

For 35g of product for $4, this is not a bad deal at all especially if you have fair to medium, dry skin. This might be a treat for you. For those with oilier skin, this may not be for you unless you don't mind layering a few matte products over to control the level of dew that may show up later on in the day. As for myself, as much as I can appreciate the low price point, I have used better BBs for a few bucks more, so I will not be repurchasing this BB.