April 25, 2014 | 1215 users online

Lipstick - Guerlain - Rouge L'Extrait M65 Paresse

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Tiltyred

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Paresse is a mid-tone pink that's best for cool skinned ladies. It goes on creamy and lasts well without feeling drying. Guerlain has outdone itself with the packaging, which is ergonomically constructed to fit beautifully and comfortably in your hand, and which opens to provide a lovely mirror -- now you can put on your lipstick without having to also pull out your compact! Ingenious! A little tricky on first opening but certainly learnable, it puts me in mind of Faberge and that sort of old school luxury. It's also made to last, as evidenced by the fact that you can buy refills to replace the lipstick once you've used it up -- you don't have to purchase the whole contraption again. Hurray for less throw-away. I'm delighted to carry this in my purse, and would put it in my evening bag as well. The price is high, but considering the fact it's only the once, and repeat purchases would be the refill, I'm not going to quibble.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by ReecesPeeces

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't find this to be Barbie pink at all. It's a touch dusty on me. Perfect for spring and summer. The formula is amazing, wearing for 12 hours with 2 touchups after eating. The container is glam, heavy and substantial. Wearing this actually makes my lips feel moisturized, something that most matte family lippies do the opposite of.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by shaktigal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As stated by the previous reviewer, this is a rather sweet Barbie pink, and may look wrong with yellow skin tones. It looks fine with my skin tone, but yes i agree again, it can look like one likes too hard to look young in that type of colour at my age.. However, if applied very scantily its fine, i like to dab a tiny amount of gloss on top of it, that way it looks fairly "natural" and subdued. I like the product, also when worn matte, however the packaging is stupidly, stupidly, stupidly heavy and chunky and why the utterly stupid insipid names that are given to these colours??!! The colours are named after the 7 deadly sins.. Bunch of complete idiots at marketing section of Guerlain imo.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the insane price, you would expect it to be perfect but it's so bad I returned it after using it a couple of times. Pros: Comfortable, vibrant, matte color. Cons: Price; the metal tune is ridiculously huge and heavy and so complicated that it comes with directions; Paresse is a Barbie pink color that is so blue-toned that it looks terrible with my strong yellow undertones - I look like I'm trying way too hard to look young. I'm sure this color would look great with some skintones - for a Barbie-type pink, this one definitely feels high-end. The worst thing by far is the clunky packaging - no one would ever want to carry this in a purse and it takes up too much room in a drawer/makeup organizer. Major fail.