July 24, 2014 | 1304 users online

Styling Products - Shu Uemura - Art of Hair Volume Maker Invisible Texturizing Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I could not agree more with Seattlemama, this is an awful disappointment. It is sticky, gummy and very white. If you were to use this well under your hair at the crown of your head, it might be good but quite frankly that sticky feeling has driven me half mad wherever it is applied. Don't use this, as I made the mistake of doing, at the hairline especially if your hair is thin there, all that happens is the scalp skin that is showing through looks all the more apparent because the powder is very white! Also, if your hair is fine and delicate, the stickiness of this product makes it feel brittle and very vulnerable if you then attempt to drag a brush through it.

Worse still, my scalp felt itchy the next day after using this.

The applicator however IS a good idea, it's just a shame that the product isn't tinted and without stickiness - a powder like Jurlique's rose powder in an applicator like this would be excellent and I would buy it a hundred times over. This isn't a criticism of Shu' hair products per se because some of the others are very effective and smell wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair: fine, thin, slippery, flat.
My hair goals: volume above all else.

This is hands down the most volumising product I have ever used. I do find I have to 'fluff up' my hair every hour or so to keep the volume happening. Yes, it does make my roots feel kind of gross, and my hair easy to tangle. But it's worth it for my volume-impaired hair.

The applicator is easy to use. It was crazy expensive and I still can't believe I paid a bit over $50 Cdn for it. I was hoping my mom could find it in Taiwan as Shu is so much cheaper there, but unfortunately she couldn't.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Returned after using this once - I was shocked at how awful it is, considering that Shu is one of my two favorite lines of hair care products - their products are all outstanding except for this one. It does add volume so if that's all you care about, I guess it works. The problem is that it made my hair feel disgustingly gummy/sticky and look completely filthy! It does not absorb oil at all, and actually makes my hair look way greasier at the roots than it was before I applied it - not good. This was a $50 waste of money.