August 27, 2014 | 1753 users online

BB Cream - Marcelle - BB Cream Anti-Aging SPF 20

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by gjohal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gives a good coverage but not a full coverage. It help moisturize my skin and this is really good.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Qsma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this BB Cream. A lot. It doesn't make me break out. It feels light and natural and gives my skin a really nice glow. It gives a bit of coverage, but isn't heavy like a foundation. I like that it isn't greasy. It's the perfect no make-up make-up look. I've been using it for over a year and have repurchased and have been quite happy with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by iluvelt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Marcelle BB since BBs became the rage. Loved the original. Then I did some research and realised that I needed to be using a product with a higher SPF in it now that I am (ahem) not 30 anymore. I have always used foundation with an SPF of 15, which I have learned is the bare minimum required. I went in search of a primer, or something, that contained a higher SPF. I went back to Marcelle - and yippee! I tried the SPF 20 in the lightest shade and loved it. It is lovely and hydrating, it doesn't sting my face, which many sunscreens do, it doesn't bother my eyes when I get it a bit too close to them, it helps my foundation stay put all day, and it makes my skin look radiant.

Is it the bomb? I don't know - I haven't tried them ALL yet - but for $28 CAD, it does a very good job. I also have Smashbox BB SPF 35 at $50 CAD, which doesn't hold a candle to this stuff. I have dry, mature skin and you know when you meet that older woman who looks like her skin is made of butter? That's what mine looks like when I use this with my regular skin care routine. (Angelic chorus)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by fresh1fierce1feminine

Not a fan- AT ALL! I first got it and always used it, till I looked a little closer in the mirror and in much better lighting and noticed that my skin looked dry, cakey, flaky, and just bad! My skin is usually soft and smooth looking, so I only use a light BB cream to even out my texture. But, this so called BB cream, was very heavy and even a thin layer applied to my face looked very cakey. My nose especially looked super dry and rough looking! I was very disappointed in this product, will not repurchase :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by MUAkiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this for about 2 weeks and then i returned it. i use the medium-dark shade and it matches PERFECTLY. The coverage is a medium coverage and it blends well into your skin. If you have acne (i do not recommend this product for you), it wouldn't be able to cover it but will reduce the appearance of the redness on it. I like how it has SPF, but those are the only good things i can say about this product. This product BROKE ME OUT, just when my skin was starting to get better. Maybe its the anti-aging ingredients in the product that is only compatible with MATURE skin only, learned my lesson here ):. The price was quite expensive for a drugstore bb cream ($30 in Canada). I find when i apply it with my fingers, it gets flakey for some reason even when my skin isn't even dry, and i have oily combination skin. I find i get pretty oily throughout the day without any primer or setting powder on and it starts to feel heavy the longer i wear it. When i started using it, i couldn't figure out why the skin around my nose and chin kept peeling off and feeling rough, and i still don't know why. But i stopped using it and now the skin around my nose and chin are back to normal. The product was definitely not worth its price and i would not repurchase it again at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by kaicg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this BB cream. I've tried so many BB creams, and they never seem to go on right or blend well. The cream absorbed in a matter of minutes and blended perfectly. New favourite right here.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by MissMacabre88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've never been one to wear foundation, for several reasons: It increases the time it takes me to "do my makeup", I don't like that cakey, layered, greasy feeling, and pretty well every foundation I've ever tried has had adverse affects on my skin.

But like most people who wear any kind of makeup and are a sucker for beauty products that promise great results, I just had to jump into this new BB cream fad. I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin (my T-zone tends to get oily throughout the day and my cheeks get very dry and splotchy) so I figured "hypoallergenic" was the way to go. The cosmetician who I spoke with at my local drug store ranted and raved about how Marcelle was one of the best.

I eventually decided to go with the anti-aging formula, mainly for the higher SPF.

I drove to four different stores in one day just to find this one! Figured it must be good if it was selling that well.

So I finally found it (I paid $28.99). I took it home, very excited to finally be trying it. Within seconds of applying it to my face, it burned... LITERALLY. A thin layer of my skin had been burned off as I applied the cream to my face. I figured give it a few minutes and see if the burning stops. Which it didn't. I looked in the mirror to find that my cheeks had turned BEAT red. It was absolutely horrible. So I washed it off immediately. For the next few days I had to be EXTRA kind to my damaged skin. It was a really bad experience.

I'm thinking maybe I had a bad allergic reaction to one of the ingredients. However, I think the reaction I had was a bit odd because I've used Marcelle's BB cream to powder and haven't had any problems with it.

Sadly I will not be using Marcelle's Anti-Aging BB cream formula again. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great BB cream! In the hunt for the perfect BB, this one was not at all a pain to use up. I have it also in the Golden Glow formula, although I do not find much difference between them finish-wise. This BB is a slightly heavy medium coverage and very buildable although not when applying with your hands. Very similar to the Annabelle BB in consistency and coverage; they are both great BBs. The Marcelle BB cream is the most hydrating and true BB I have tried. (the Maybelline Dream Fresh is also quite moisturizing but the hydration does not last all day like this one) With this one there is no need to apply moisturizer , although I do anyway, and I saw real results in my skin after a week or so of use; mostly changes in firmness and suppleness (alike other western BBs this is no miracle product). The SPF and lightdiffusing properties are nice too. My only complaints are the packaging- yes pumps are great but this one is dinky. It is inconsistent with how much product it dispenses and once you have used a fair amount up the tube traps air bubbles and you get a squirt AFTER you press. Second complaint only a personal one; this product was a little too pink for my skin so the match is not perfect.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by charb3

Hated this. Although I loved the colour and consistency, it broke me out. Yellow undertones but just not for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Nades01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

perfect, sheer perfection...no complains whatsoever, glides on beautifully, its sheer yet it covers perfectly, just the right amount of dewyness..couldnt be happier.