Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Ready Foundation

3.3

Alaria Esculenta Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Boron Nitride, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Phosphate, Coco-Caprylate, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Geraniol, Iron Oxides, Jojoba Esters, Lauroyl Lysine, Linalool, Mica, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Zinc Oxide.

I actually am surprised that I really like this product. I tried it in the past with no success. I have retried it now using a new skin care line, Clinique, under it. I've been using it for 4 days now and I cannot believe how easily it covers my skin and redness that I have. I use the brush that goes with it, I forget what its called but its angled. I also use the ready touch up veil in medium under it and over it in the morning.

Before using this I used the bareMinerals original foundation for years. However, that really only is an 8 hour wear, and it took me much longer to get it to cover what I needed it too.

This has actually made getting ready in the morning much faster! And my skin looks a lot smoother and much more natural!

Also, with this and the touch up veil (no primer) I do not have to touch up during the day, which has not happened in like 10 years!

I use this in R210, medium. The color matches great! Previously I had to mix original colors light and fairly medium, so I never knew what I was going to get when applying.

Go on their website and watch the video of how to apply it, this really helped me.

This foundation with the touch up veil in ready has turned into my HG!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a huge Bare Minerals fan and this foundation was no exception! I wear the shade Fair in the other BM foundations but I picked up the second lightest shade in the Ready foundation and it's a great match. I love how sheer and natural the finish is. I apply Rimmel Stay Matte primer and then apply the foundation with a Sephora mini kabuki brush. It's a great natural look for any occasion and doesn't turn my bathroom into a powdery mess like the other BM loose powder foundations can. If you have extremely oily skin and are looking for an easy, quick, everyday light foundation, I would highly suggest this one!

on 7/3/2015 6:22:00 PM

This was a horrible foundation for me. It Went on so patchy and it never settled into my skin. I have oily skin and it just made my pores look huge and my face looked sloppy.

on 7/2/2015 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I've bought this now twice because the compact really lasts and you need so little. I have dry skin with rosacea and my skin is dry most of the year. This foundation helps my dry skin. And boy does it cover. I recently had a rosacea flare and a few strokes and all of those bumps were covered.

The right color and brush are essential. You need to get color matched by a BE person. Guessing won't do. If you can't go to a BE store, call them. They are right 90% of the time. Put concealer over your worst areas first. Also get the heavenly face brush or the slanted face brush and then tap it once in the compact. Apply to half of your primed face in a sweeping motion. Then next side, forehead, center. Step back, take a look. Only then apply more where you need it. Most time 3 or 4 taps is all you will need. It is easy to overdo this foundation. Then I apply a spray to my face. I use Jane Iredale's Pom Mist.

Done. Feels weightless. Gives medium to full coverage. I wear medium beige R250 and I have warm toned light medium skin. MUFE 20, Nars Groenland, Lancome Buff 220, Chantecaille vanilla, L'Oreal nude beige, Dior 300.

I have a lot of foundations but this one does not break out my insanely sensitive rosacea skin and if I am having a rosacea flare like right now I can wear this one with confidence that it will not aggravate my skin. I own Jare Iredale loose and pressed and this looks better on my skin than the JI pressed.

on 5/11/2015 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this for travel and light coverage days when I'm on the go. The packaging is less messy than the loose, but I still prefer that over this. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase this. It isn't quite HG in my opinion but there aren't a lot of pressed powder foundation options on the market to choose from.

on 5/8/2015 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really didnt like this product. Compared to other mineral pressed foundations, this was not good at all. I felt like the powder just sits on top of your skin, and even if you use only a tiny bit it is mask like. The coverage is big, but doesn't look natural or sink into the skin. There are other pressed mineral foundations (Jane Iredale pressed base, or Youngblood pressed foundation are awesome) that are way better for only a little more cost, so I can't give this a great vote and wouldn't buy again. If you do buy this, the best way I found to apply was to use a long handle flat top kabuki brush and softly dab in the powder (only a tiny bit) and apply straight strokes. As others said do not buff it on or apply too much or it will look like a mask. The one silver lining was- this pressed powder did not break me out, whereas bare minerals original loose foundation broke me out. Tip: The Jane Iredale pressed base is expensive initially for the case and product but you can buy refills on eBay for about $32 which is not much more than the bare minerals. I have done that for years and had no problem! Try Jane Iredale or Youngblood mineral pressed powders .. Those are awesome.

Bare minerals claims it is for sensitive skin, however, I got a horrible allergy reaction to this powder! I had bumpy red spots all over my face and neck. As soon as I stopped using it my face slowly healed back to normal. For reference, I have dry, sensitive, acne proned skin. I would recommend staying away from this powder if you have the same skin distinction as I do.

on 3/24/2015 10:32:00 AM

This wouldn't be my first choice for a pressed powder foundation.

It has a bad tendency to still be very messy and powdery during application with a brush or a sponge. I've used this on clients with various skin types and it tends to be an OK option for those with dry skin although I tend to like powders better for those with oily skin as it tends to absorb oil and shin and this is no exception.

The shade range is pretty impressive I will say and the inclusion of SPF is a nice touch.

It does blend out well, doesn't get streaky and doesn't feel heavy on skin. I just don't like that it's still a little messy to apply out of the compact and that to avoid the same effect on skin, a primer or fairly heavily moisturized skin is a must.

I first started off absolutely loving this foundation and the whole Ready range (bronzer, veil and blush) as I loved the coverage it gave me (like seriously good coverage). I don't think this would suit dryer skin types as it is a powder foundation it's not too fab on my dry patches (I have combination skin). I started to hate it after a few months (mostly because I missed using a liquid foundation!) but also I did notice it started to go shiny throughout the day - not just in my oily zones but in my dry areas too). It didn't stay on the whole day, but I've heard it does for some people so maybe that's just my skin type. I think the absolute worst thing about it is the packaging! I like my makeup to stay clean but it has Matte packaging which is a nightmare to clean! Also all the products looks exactly the same on the outside so that's a bit of an annoyance. If you're looking for coverage and you don't have super dry skin I would say this is perfect

on 3/14/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Even the sales assistant warned me about this product, suggesting I stick to the original loose product instead. But I was about to embark on some weeks of travel and wanted to have a compact mineral foundation solution to disguise my reddened sensitive skin. A last minute purchase this was, and a badly researched one.

I use the lightest shade in the original formula, and was matched with R101 in this formula. The SA applied this somewhat thickly (I had done *some* research and read that one should use the lightest touch) and then proceeded to add bronzer and blush, presumably to humanize the ghostly pallor this almost iridescent powder foundation provided me.

It is unheard of for me to meet a foundation lighter than my skintone, but here it is. Trying this alone, applying in a number of ways, it just doesn't work. Many reviewers describe this as more matte than the original, which was a selling point to me, but having used it I don't agree. The powder is not as smooth, and closeup appears in tiny patches, clinging to some unlikely micro flakes, even on well hydrated and exfoliated skin.
And then it shines. I have never understood the obsession with pores; I supposed I didn't really have any, but Bare Minerals Ready foundation has taught me that I do. I certainly do.
]

And so, I will not use this as foundation. It is a terrible foundation. Pale, shiny, difficult to apply and sits unhappily on my t-zone (i.e. The Place That Needs it Most). It even feels a little itchy at times, and I started to become paranoid that it was actually making my pores larger rather than just highlighting them. I was going to try and bring it back for a refund, or exchange for my usual Bare Minerals Original,
but then!
One evening before going out I happened to think to apply it with a small fluffy eyeshadow brush as a very subtle highlighter to strategic spots and Oh! what unlikely perfection!

This is just that one tiny shade too light for my skin and so over-glowy, that it is perfect for soft contouring. I've tried contouring and highlighting before, but it never really worked for me, pale as I am. This is exciting though.

I wouldn't recommend anyone purchase it for this purpose. Unless you're as very pale as I am there will probably be better products. But if you find yourself with this product because of some unfortunate decision you made while stressed about travel plans, then give it a try before going through the nuisance of trying to return it (as I was informed "we can't accept returns on opened products unless they've caused an allergic reaction, and not at all if you tried it on in store previously").