January 25, 2015 | 953 users online

Foundations - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Ready Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 2:33:00 PM More reviews by happyme777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I will start by saying i loathed the original bm loose mineral foundation. I could never find a good colour match, always looking like a tin can due to the pink ashy undertones and shiny finish. It was very unflattering on my Indian Asian medium brown skin tone. I dismissed this brand, thinking they were clueless about catering for ethnic skin tones.
Forward a few years, i happened to try the ready version in a department store, thinking the colours looked much more yellow toned and more suitable for brown skin. The pressed minerals appealed to me and i liked the minimal packaging. It was a fantastic colour match (R330). Absolutely spot on, natural looking and undetectable. I have a dark red birth mark to cover and this does so beautifully and so naturally.
I can't believe this is the same company making the shades of make up. The ready is lovely for ethnic skins, but i still feel the same about the loose version.
The ready lasts all day long. I use it after moisturiser and primer (not always primer if I'm in a rush) and it lasts all day long with no touch ups required. Easily 12-14 hours. It also photographs amazingly. Beautiful, airbrushed and undetectable finish even close up. No flash back from the spf, no tin face, no shininess. Just perfect looking skin.
I'm so surprised at the negative reviews, but then again this always happens to me. A product that everyone seems to rave about never performs on me, and something most people complain about works great for me! I very rarely write reviews, but felt bad this product seemed to be doing poorly on the review front when its my holy grail product. And a small plea (nay - a grovel) to not change the formula or discontinue this product based on these reviews because it really is a massive improvement on the original for me (which i still continue to hate). I have repurchased this 4 times now, using each compact down to the pan and will continue to repurchase.
Well done and thank you BM !!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Geerat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Love this product! I've used bare minerals original before when i was younger and had clearer skin. I came back to it after seeing one of the BM beauty consultants with it on looking flawless and remembering that this stuff saved my skin and really helped to clear it up!

I was helped to chose r330 golden tan( i think) which is yellowy toned to match my foundation!

As of yet i havent wore it alone because i haven't had time since i bought it! However i used it to set my smashbox studio skin as it has a dewy finish ( one for the girls who like a full coverage face of makeup) it was beautiful, its a very thick, highly pigmented powder but DOES NOT go on cakey if you apply it correctly & with a light hand! It blurs all imperfections and makes skin look flawless!
I applied it a few minutes after the foundation had dried with the large RT powder brush and it was the perfect combination and setting powder!

Skin looked flawless and did not break up or show any oil ( i'm very oily)! This combo lasted 8 hours through a night out clubbing so a massive thumbs up from me! One of the best powders i've ever used!

Just use it sparingly for a flawless non- cakey base! I can't wait to try it alone, even if that doesnt work for me i'll definitely keep buying it as a setting powder as its cheaper than the ELDW powder!!!!

Hope this helps:)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by JoeyRCB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If I can make one suggestion, it'd be that you go to a Bare Escentuals boutique or outlet and get shade matched. I used to work for Bare Minerals -- I provided shade matches all day, and even I had a hard time matching myself in this formula! I went to the BE Outlet here and they put me in Fairly Medium which is not a perfect match, but it's the closest match I'll get in this formula.

For reference, I wear Fairly Light in the Original formula, Bare Linen in the Serum formula and I'm usually NW 20 in Mac. -- But none of that matters because this formula is so different.

This foundation provides very full coverage and a little goes a long way. Less is more and if you use even a tiny bit too much, it'll look cakey and thick. In my opinion, if you like a natural or luminous look or you want a slightly more forgiving formula, stick with the BE Original.

To get the best coverage and results, you want to apply your moisturizer and primer (if you use a primer) then wait until your face is completely dry -- that part is crucial with this foundation. If your face has any lingering moisture or stickiness, this foundation will drag and get cakey.

I got the brush that is sold with the foundation (sold separately) but I don't think you really need it. For full coverage, any flat brush will do and for lighter coverage, I really like the fluffy Real Techniques powder brush.

Don't swirl or smear your brush in this product. You want to stamp your brush into the product one time. Then take your brush and dot four stamps on your face (forehead, chin and each cheek). Using long gentle strokes, gently brush it on. Buffing this foundation in as you do with the original and matte formulas can result in a thick and heavy look. If you want more coverage, go back and get a second stamp from the product, et.

For me personally, this foundation is alright. It does provide full coverage and for me, this foundation is dry skin friendly. It comes down to personal preference and I still prefer a very light and natural look. However, I think if you want full coverage or if you want something purse friendly and travel friendly, you may love this. Just please go get shade matched!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by natalie1001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just love this! I was so hesitant to keep this after reading the reviews and almost returned it but I am so glad I did not. Honestly you have to apply this right or else it can look awful. You also have to use a good moisturiser and good primer-body shops Instablur is great. I apply using a flat headed brush and press in it to my skin. A little goes a long way and it has taken me time to learn how to apply it. But honestly it has transformed my skin, I have not had compliments about my skin for years! I had cystic acne and within a week of wearing it I was getting so many compliments one someone even said it makes my face look like a doll. My acne is practically gone, I dont no if that is related to this foundation but it has troubled me for years and now has almost gone. Its so natural , I cant imagine ever using any other foundation now I have found this baby.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by koihimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I should listen to all the reviewers. Chalky and cakey. Even if you manage to apply it properly it cakes later throughout the day. 35 dollars thrown to the bin. Damn!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by korean

I have Medium beige R250. I used to use fairly light in the original. A lil goes a long way. It is very full coverage, which can at time look cakey if you don't have the right brush, moisturizer, or technique.So if you liked the flawless buffed look of mineral makeup stick with the original. I personally love the convenience of the compact and using the precision brush I 'stamp' on the product and then use long strokes downward.

The colors are so confusing, you must go and try them on. It looks dark on the pan and swatches, but when rubbed into the skin the colors become really light. I actually am thinking about going up one color darker next purchase.

The compact is squarish and med sized, nice mirror, but the nars gummy blk coating gets dirty quick.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Jymmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy Grail foundation here!
I was using the Matte Powder Foundation (loose powder) but I wanted something a little easier to use, so I went a little crazy and bought 5 or 6 different powder foundations, liquid foundations, setting powders, etc, all from different brands (Rimmel, Kat von D, Makeup Forever, Bourjois, Revlon, Pixi, etc) but none of them were just perfect. Some of them were great products that I will use up, but not repurchase. I decided to give BareMinerals Ready Foundation (pressed powder foundation) a try and it is PERFECT!! I always wore Fairly Light in the loose powder, but the reviews on the Sephora website recommended I go 1-2 shades darker in this formula. I ordered the R250, medium beige, and although the powder looked like it was super dark in the compact, it went on my skin perfectly! Smooth, natural, and flawless! It stayed on all day (without a primer) and kept me shine free! (For reference, I have oily/combination skin that is fair/light with neutral undertones)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by LaurEspo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To those who think this foundation is mask like.. You are using it wrong, I repeat, YOU ARE USING IT WRONG!...

First, DO NOT swirl your brush in this product. I was making this mistake at first too, and getting heavy, cake like, mask like coverage. TAP! Tap your brush ONCE on top, the amount your brush picks up should be enough for your WHOLE face. As you buff and buff, you will see the coverage magically build to a smooth even finish, which covers everything beautifully. I might lightly tap the littlest bit one more time on my brush to build a little extra coverage in my cheek area as I have some redness there but that's it.

Not only are you putting such little product on your face, which feels great to have to wear so little, the product itself lasts forever! This is a huge winner in my book!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Rosezxz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bare Minerals READY spf 20 foundation powder -
Best powder foundation I've tried so far. Coverage wise is excellent. Doesn't break me out (I have sensitive skin). Only problem is, it's a lil too pricey. $50 plus SGD. The packaging is matte but gets dirty easily. My shade is in R330, perfect shade for tan/olive skin with yellow undertone.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Cjessicaaa

I've worn bare minerals for about 5 years (I'm 17 years young this year)
I've always mainly had clear skin but even through a few minimal breakouts, it covered perfectly well.
Had my makeup done at Ulta and they used this and I loved it so I was inspired to buy it. It's too full coverage for me so I wear very little of it on top of a bb cream that I wear and it lasts pretty much all day.
Love this product